News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1.5k reserves list  (Read 989 times)

Offline 29+12

1.5k reserves list
« on: February 1, 2010, 06:50:20 AM »
I've got a battle coming up against a friend who plays a DH/IG army in which I'm allowed to proxy quite heavily (so i can make up  my mind on what to buy). I've come up with a theme of everything arriving by DS or outflank but can't quite settle on a final list. So far Ive got a core of deathleaper, doom, zoans and stealers along with a trygon prime but I'm struggling to find a good HQ which will fit. The two possibilities I've come up with are:

HQ
HT, T-L Brainleech x2, Wings, Hive Commander, Paroxysm, Leech Essence

ELITE
Deathleaper

The Doom, Mycetic Spore

Zoans x2, Mycetic Spore

TROOPS
Stealers x9, Broodlord

Stealers x9, Broodlord

Hormagaunts x24, Toxin Sacs

HEAVY SUPPORT

Trygon Prime

TOTATL: 1491

The idea with this list would be for the gaunts to outflank and the HT to DS near them to support them with paroxysm and synapse. With the toxin sacs I'll probably be charging them into the toughest (as in high T) units of the enemy.

___________________ ___________________ ___________________

HQ
The Parasite

ELITE
Deathleaper

The Doom, Mycetic Spore

Zoans x3, Mycetic Spore

TROOPS
Stealers x9, Broodlord

Stealers x9, Broodlord

Stealers x9, Broodlord

FAST ATTACK
Spore Mines x3

Spore Mines x3

Spore Mines x3

HEAVY SUPPORT

Trygon Prime

TOTAL: 1496

With this one the idea would be to cover the centre of the enemy's deployment zone with spores so they are forced to deploy towards the edge where my stealers are coming in from thus setting up assaults for them as soon as they arrive. The parasite is only there really because he's the only HQ that doesn't cost half my army and can DS. I could possibly loose the zoans and go with ymgarl genestealers as AT wise I'm alright (stealers, deathleaper and trygon can all take out tanks)

so yea sorry about the amount of text but any comments would be welcome.

Offline MaldeCaderas

• the uncureable
Re: 1.5k reserves list
« Reply #1 on: February 1, 2010, 08:47:01 AM »
If you are looking for an alternative HQ unit that you can deepstrike, you may try an alpha in a drop pod accompanying warriors.

Other than that, I love the lists, however I don't understand the place of a broodlord. You will need numbers to survive, and by removing broodlord you can have three more stealers per brood? Whenever I compare broodlords to three stealers I end up with an obvious answer. The only thing a broodlord can achieve over a stealer is the hypnotic things, which I love but find hard pressed myself to fit them in games under 2000 pts.
smaller the hope, precious it is

Offline 29+12

Re: 1.5k reserves list
« Reply #2 on: February 1, 2010, 01:51:25 PM »
I did think of maybe having an Alpha and warriors just after i posted those lists but it would mean I'd have to drop a squad of stealers, although maybe thats not so bad? I don't know i just prefere outflanking to DSing and with 3 groups chances are two will be able to come in on the same side and just eat amphetamine parrot up. I could drop the Trygon instead? (i feel a bit like a new model whore atm, what with the Parasite, the Doom, Deathleaper AND trygon in one list!)

As for the broodlord thing, it' just that in the previous game me and my friend proxied he managed to singlehandedly wipe out a (OK it was at 75% numbers but still) IG infantry squad and command platoon in the same combat because he hypnotised the only guy with a fist, inflicted 3 wounds and saved the two they caused against him (4+ >> 5+ in my opinion). I guess what I'm saying is that I'd happily charge head long into a squad of IG with only a broodlord and fully expect to bash their faces into a mushy red pulp where as with 4 stealers i wouldn't be so sure. That said 4 stealers would give me almost three times more attacks....

might start a new topic on this one.