News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: "We Serve In Death" IG Zombie Army 39% Complete (Updated 10/23/08)(Pic Heavy)  (Read 6519 times)

Offline Ner'Zhul

• Necrontyr Immortal | Ripper
  • Needs more Desu
Re: "We Serve In Death" IG Zombie Army (Updated 10/15/08) (Pic Intensive)
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2008, 04:37:53 AM »
Well, with no GW stores in my state, I am not to concerned with their polices lol ^_^

I am pretty proud of that banner.  I am still trying to decide on the pattern to put on it.  I considered damaging it to make it look worn out, but I don't think i can pull that off with just an exacto and drill like everything else.

The hell hound is a WIP.  I tried fitting the heavy flamer part that comes with the chimera and it just looked wrong and dinky.  The version I made doesn't look like much, but I prefer the feel of it since to me it seems capable of shooting a stream out over a long distance.  I am not a fan of the actual hell hound model, especially the cost of it.  The las guns are definitely gonna go.  Will probably put some armor plating there to cover things up.

Offline Paraplegic

• Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2008, 09:02:59 AM »
I think a couple of holes in the banner would be damaging enough and then when it comes time to paint it, you could attempt a very faded approach to the banner.

Offline Ner'Zhul

• Needs more Desu
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2008, 01:21:06 PM »
Okay, well I have started the painting process.  Now keep in mind i am a terrible painter.  I am using a very basic paint scheme for the rank and file.  Using Knarlak Green foundation for green, foundation Tallarin Flesh for skin, foundation Codex Grey for hair, foundation brown for misc, and bolt gun dry brushing for guns.  I then follow up with mudd wash for uniforms, badad black wash for guns machines, and leviathan purple wash for skin.  Red gore and red ink are used to make things bloody.  That is it, trying to keep it as simple as possible.  Took me about 2 hours still to get these done
Sorry my camera is so crappy

Offline Sirdrasco

• Enilst now avoid forced Biotransferance...
Re: "We Serve In Death" IG Zombie Army (Updated 10/17/08) (Pic Intensive)
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2008, 02:09:29 PM »
Totally Awesome idea. Love the commander, if he'd come floating down the field with his troops he'd scare the hell out of me.

So is the motto, "The few, the unyielding, the dead!"
" I obey the commands of one Scratch Fury, Destroyer of Worlds!"

Offline IGBunker (-Hela - Finnail-)

• Ork Boy | Infinity Circuit
  • Fear not the death Brothers.forshe is old and slow
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2008, 04:06:40 PM »
it looks like a good start. a few suggestions.

A- after you wash the skin id almost drybrush it to make it a little lighter it looks very dark atm.
B- after you wash the cloth also highlight them to make them "pop" a little more.
C- lastly i think your bones are way to dark, i paint bone by taking bleach (SP) bone or khaki and wash it with a brown colour (i use flesh wash personly) then give them a highlight by adding a bit of white to yor base colour.

Hope i could help cheers
Guant "Men on tanith do you wish to live forever!?!"

Formaly and now know as Hela- Finnail

W/L/D since Oct 2010
Saim hann eldar- 4-0-1
Trench guard- (On hold)
Guard armoured company- 1-0-0

Offline Ner'Zhul

• Needs more Desu
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2008, 09:46:40 PM »
I need to practice more before I try doing high lights and dry brushing (I am that bad)

The only real exposed bone is supposed to be the teeth.  Which I used Bleached bone on, but the wash completely covered it up.  My second round I just used white, and the wash made it look much better and stayed visible.  There actually isn't much exposed bone, I am treating things as emaciated more than exposed.  Only a couple of models will actually have exposed bone.

Here is the first near complete Squad.  I need to base them, and perhaps go back for some details if i feel inclined.  Judging from the amount of time it took me to get this much done, I think i am gonna be pretty laxed on the small details until i reach my command squad.

just try dry brushing its really quite easy. just do it till what you think looks right. easy peasy.

non the less they look sood so far

W/L/D since Oct 2010
Saim hann eldar- 4-0-1
Trench guard- (On hold)

Offline Paraplegic

• Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
Very nice job so far. :)

Offline Ner'Zhul

• Needs more Desu
Okay well I have finished up the 2 Russ's.  Will move back to working on the infantry next

Russ 1

Russ 2

Offline Paraplegic

• Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
I like what you've done but I think it needs to be a tad more battle damaged than that. Maybe some rust or larger sized wholes to show say a lascannon hitting the tank.

Offline Ner'Zhul

• Needs more Desu
I was worried that if i made the holes any larger that I would forced into modeling the inside of the tank itself.  That and I was unsure how big a whole a lascannon would leave, so i just played the middle ground.

Offline Paraplegic

• Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
I'd at least spruce up the back of the tank, maybe throw a skellie crewman on the back :)

Ok the russes looks pretty good. i personly like lots of stowage on my tanks which is somthing your tanks are missing this is easy to add. your holes are find because a LC wouldnt leave a huge entiry hole as it just cuts threw the armour and penitrating it be explosion.

Is also add some writing on the turret, if its sloppy then ok NP they are dead people none the less :D

for rust add a brown wash to the take give it a little dry brush (whipe just about all the paunt off your brush then go back over the tank)

also what about a skelition hand sticking out a hole? ;D

looks good so far

W/L/D since Oct 2010
Saim hann eldar- 4-0-1
Trench guard- (On hold)

Offline cabie22 (Thread-Jacker)

• i can ride my bike with no handlebars
I love this army! the commander looks amazing, and i really like the standard bearer - where did you get that standard anyways?  i want a large one like that for my army.  one thing i noticed that was really cool was the half skeleton mounted on the morder tube reloading it lol.  keep up the good work.  :)
I wish i had some wraithbone

Offline Ner'Zhul

• Needs more Desu
That standard is from some Space Marines.  I believe from a command squad.

Offline *Striker*

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • "Oh, all you have left to fire is the flashlights"
I hope to see more progress on this project soon.  As previous people have suggested just try some drybrushing, it really isn't that hard once you try!  That and maybe you should paint the flak armor/shoulderpads differently from the fatigues so it stands out better.  I hope you finish this army up, maybe there will be some goodies you can use in the updated IG codex coming out next year.