News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Tyranids versus Black Templars  (Read 1882 times)

Offline Saim-Dann

Tyranids versus Black Templars
« on: October 15, 2017, 06:39:02 PM »
Good Morning all!
Have taken on board your thoughts on smaller games when learning a new army. Have another game this weekend with a mate. 1500PTS and will be facing Black Templars. This list is of the units I'd like to play with, more than any strategy.

Overpowered? All over the place? Just right? Again your input would be appreciated.

Nids Battalion Detachment:

HQ

Winged Hive Tyrant
2 Twin devourers with brain leech worms
Prehensile pincer tail
Catalyst/Horror

Swarmlord
4 Bone sabres
Prehensile pincer tail
Catalyst/Onslaught

TROOP

20 Gene Stealers/Rending Claws
30 Termagants/Devourers
30 Termagants/Devourers

HEAVY

Trygon Prime
Bioelectric Pulse
Massive Scything Talons
Prehensile pincer tail
Adrenal glans

Carnifex
Monstrous crushing claws
Hvy venom cannon
Adrenal glans

Strategy dictates taking the 3 venomthopes to help protect the gaunts, however, the Carnifex didn't make it into combat last game and I REALLY want to see that. Although any advice is always appreciated, this list is as much to show that I listen to you... Yes you, Killersquid... Pointy ears forever!!

Split and moved, since this is about army list building against a different opponent, so it did not belong in the original topic - Iris.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 08:18:25 AM by Irisado »

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: Tyranids versus Black Templars
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 09:30:27 PM »
Do you have any tyranocites (the drop pod?) That'd be a pretty good delivery mechanism for the swarmlord or carnifex.

Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Saim-Dann

Re: Tyranids versus Black Templars
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 10:28:30 PM »
Ooooh!
A Tyrannocyte. Is that what that thing is. No, I haven't, but it's now on the list. Straight after another 20 Gene Stealers. Thanks again for the heads up, Killersquid. You'll have to post a batrep and show me how to handle the Nids... Cheers mate!