News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Wych Cult for your critique  (Read 303 times)

Offline ArchonCryx

• Dracon Author of long replies
  • Ancient
  • Dracon: Kabal of the Bloodied Claw of Despair
Wych Cult for your critique
« on: February 2, 2004, 12:01:46 AM »
In an attempt to improve my Sports score Im consideriing a wide variety of alternative DE lists. This is an attrempt at a Wych cult that might impress..

Dracite, Agoniser, SP, Drugs, Trophy Rack, Pl Grenades 98

Not to over the top and no shadowfield should keep the naysayers at bay. An Archite might be viewed OTT, what do you think?

10 Wyches, WWs, Succubus w/ Agoniser, DL Raider 213

10 Wyches, WWs, Succubus w/ Agoniser, DL Raider 213

8 Wyches, WWs, Succubus w/ Agoniser, DL Raider 187

8 Wyches, WWs, Succubus w/ Agoniser, DL Raider 187

5 Warp Beasts and Beastmaster 75

5 Warp Beasts and Beastmaster 75
950 in troops! 63% troops! 1048 pts total to here.

5 Reavers, 2 Blasters 145

Ravager w/ 3 Disintegrators 120 1313

Now for the remaining 187 points I was considering these options:

(1)6 Hellions 108 (+ Succubus w/ Punisher, Torm Helm, Trophy Rack+44? would be 152 making 6 Hellions inc this Succubus, 35 pts spare to make 9man wych squads)

(2)7 Wyches, WWs, HWs, 2 Blasters, DL Raider 184

(3) Ravager with 3 DLs (105) plus add 2 Blasters to each of the 10man squads, and a Wych to each of the 8 man squads (46+105 = 151, leaving enough room for another RJB with 11points spare for PGs or something.

(4) Swap dissie Ravager for a DL one, leaving 202 points spare. Choose option 1 or 2 and also upgrade Dracite to Archite.

The Hellions are a fluffy choice, I feel, but may not be exceptionally efficient. It would mean I had a unit of each of the Wych Cult types, approriate in this situation, I feel. The Wych squad is an attempt at a "Tank Hunting" Wych unit. Since I have the Reavers and 4 or 5 Raider mounted DLs I may not need the HWs. Still some Blasters in the odd squad would be nice. I was also considering whether a Disintegrator Ravager was really appropriate to this force. After all, 4 squads of wyches should be able to despatch most of their opponents.

What do you think should go in? Please don't tell me to increase the number of Skimmers, 4 or 5 Raiders and a Ravager may already look like way too many for most opponents. I do figure opponents will smile a bit when they realise that all my Raiders are carrying valuable Wyches who die in droves in Raider crashes. With no warrior squads to screen, I'll be usingb the Bikes and Jetbikes to try and 'distract' opponent while my Raiders desperately attempt to deliver their precious cargo. I do fear many will abhor this style of play, which looks quite akin to the Rhino rush style, at least on paper.  ::)

"As a rule of thumb, the designers do not hide "easter eggs" in the rules. If clever reading is required to unlock some sort of hidden option, then it is most likely just a result of wishful thinking." Pete Haines   ;)

Lords of Terra (Open) +High Lords (invitational)- Sydney July 24-25 2012, 1750pts, check lordsofterra.com

Offline Wuestenfux

• Veteran Force Commander
  • Ancient
  • Calculator of Off-Chances
Re: Wych Cult for your critique
« Reply #1 on: February 2, 2004, 07:55:49 AM »
I would vote for the Ravager w/ DL(x3).
You will need it when your Wyches approach the
enemy, possibly using uber speed (24'').
Then you need some firepower to destroy tanks
who can shoot down your Raiders.

Your army is very fast up to the Warp Beast packs.
I would drop them for some faster units.