News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: piss off list for ig  (Read 362 times)

Offline CODEXsc

• Sybarite
piss off list for ig
« on: October 17, 2003, 09:51:36 AM »
Here is my plan for dealing with ig it might seem a bit crazy but i have a very strong feeling that it will work. 1000 points The list is a bit over but just poster it to get some ideas and feed back.

HQ
Dracon
poison blades, combat drugs, shadow field, haywire gernades, ccw
9 warriors
1 splinter cannon
1 shredder
sybrite
poison blades
raider
screamin jets

Dicapitator, master mandrake

Elite
10 mandrakes

Troop
10 warriors
1 splinter cannon
1 shredder
Sybrite
poison blades, haywire gernades
Raider
screamin jets

10 warriors
1 splinter cannon
1 shredder
Sybrite
Raider
screamin jets

Heavy
5 scourges
4 splinter cannons
sybrite

Nothing is fielded on the board but this list lacks some stuff just made this off the top of my head ill make it better late on and ill post it up.

Offline Invidious

• Lazerous Penguin
Re:piss off list for ig
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2003, 01:08:31 PM »
The phrase 'screwed up, down, and possibly sideways' comes to mind.  I'm pretty sure you've got the infantry component covered, but the only AT things are lances on raiders (and we all know how long those stand up) and haywire gre. on characters.  1 attack with a haywire is just not enough, you need to geet at least 5 off (wych squads) if you expect to damage a target.

Think I'd drop the master infiltrator and mandrakes for a wych squad w/ 2 blasters and haywires.  Dicey enough for the CC poor IG troopers and plenty of blasty stuff for armour.

Wasp
The thing I hate the most about 40K is people who amass the largest possible quantities of their Codex's most powerful unit and then proceed to call it "theme".

Hades

Re:piss off list for ig
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2003, 05:14:03 PM »
i think u should have some sniper squad for the tank but over all thats a quite good list