News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Redstar's Sons of Horus - Start to Finish  (Read 11049 times)

Offline redstarone

Re: Redstar's Sons of Horus - Start to Finish
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2011, 08:16:04 AM »

First 10 man Tac squad done. I will finish the bases soon and get them mounted, touched up then matte sealed. I did indeed change the Sgts head to better fit the squads theme. Plus the head fit what I was needing for the Dev squad Sgts head.

More pics of the 5 additional guys on my blog for anyone interested. :)
Custom Converter for hire. PM for details.

Offline those

• Yes... Come forth to bear the word of Chaos..!
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2011, 08:43:38 AM »
Redstar,

can I ask what your using to paint that armour and the helmets..? What colours and stuff..? I love the finish on it. It looks... heavy..!

Offline redstarone

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2011, 05:59:47 AM »
Redstar,

can I ask what your using to paint that armour and the helmets..? What colours and stuff..? I love the finish on it. It looks... heavy..!

Ask and ye shall receive!

----------------------------------------------

Finished a Heavy Bolter Devestator for a Tutorial on how I painted the Sons of Horus and how I made the color. It can be found here.

Offline The Black Dahlia Murder

• NRPH forever...
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2011, 03:48:45 PM »
Old school heavy bolter, very nice yes. Should do some highlights on the heavy bolter. The Sanguinary Priest looks great, its just those tubes on his backpack should be painted.

Offline redstarone

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2011, 07:59:22 AM »
Old school heavy bolter, very nice yes. Should do some highlights on the heavy bolter. The Sanguinary Priest looks great, its just those tubes on his backpack should be painted.

I plan to carve chaos stars into the bolter, thats why its so clean :) I want to finish the tubes but have no white.. go figure.

------------------

I put together the first army objective for the Sons of Horus army incase I ever go to any tourneys this year with them.

Its a hijacked data center/comm station.

Im very open to any comments on it, good or bad. If I should change anything or add anything, nows the time.

More pics and info on it are up at the blog.

Offline tryanotherone - smurfernating

• SPAMMER: I swear I am not an ad-bot!
  • Pray hard - life is short!
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2011, 09:09:32 AM »
That is an interesting OM. I recognize almost every bit you are using except for the cylinder.

What is it?
Taking a very long break.

The Rumour Mill - bending the fabric of time and space

Remember Brimstone - legends live forever

Offline redstarone

« Reply #26 on: February 3, 2011, 01:19:18 AM »
That is an interesting OM. I recognize almost every bit you are using except for the cylinder.

What is it?

Inside to a drop pod :)

-------------------

Group shot minus the Libby, 2 marines and 2 death company that had a little fall onto a marble floor and need to be fixed.

Offline those

• Yes... Come forth to bear the word of Chaos..!
« Reply #27 on: February 3, 2011, 05:11:27 AM »
Hey, they're becoming a formidable army..! Great to see them all together...

Thanks for the tutorial info btw...

Offline redstarone

« Reply #28 on: February 3, 2011, 07:02:36 PM »
Hey, they're becoming a formidable army..! Great to see them all together...

Thanks for the tutorial info btw...

No prob on the tutorial. In fact, if there is anything esle you want to know or think others might, let me know and ill write it up.

-----------------

Finished dread ready to make a goal in the world cup, arms are even magged so he can raise them for the win!

As always more pics can be seen at my blogspot.

Offline redstarone

« Reply #29 on: February 4, 2011, 09:45:50 AM »
Finished the Land Speeder with the black helmets to match the assault marines as well as touch ups to the base and weathering on the speeder itself. Also took better pics of the crew and the base as some had requested.

More pics can be found at my blogspot, as well as future progress for the army.

Offline redstarone

« Reply #30 on: February 7, 2011, 06:20:21 PM »
So, I ran out of Metallic Green and had to make more. Took a bit of trial and error to get it exact to my first batch as for some reason this batch of Chainmail wasn't very silvery so to speak. I didn't want to mess up any models so I dug this guy up, popped a few bitz on to finish him, mocked up a base to match the completed ones and blamo, done! And his metallic Green is spot on! Yay!

So with that, Ill go ahead and use him as a Sgt for a shooty termie squad. Ill take more pics of him when my camera (i.e. my phone lol) charges more.

Offline redstarone

« Reply #31 on: February 8, 2011, 08:40:31 PM »
Finished painting the Devastator Combat Squad. I will get better pics tonight of the Sgts signum and all their backs.

Also the pay it forward raffle is on got only 6 more days. I will pick a winner from my followers, so time is running out on entering. Right now there are 3 items up for grabs. A Band spanking NEW still in box Stormraven, 5 FW mark V heresy armors with the Heresy era bolters to go with them and EVEN a 75 US dollar online GW gift voucher.

Info can be found here:

Not trying to shamelessly plug the raffle, I simply want as many of the community to have a chance to win all the free swag that keeps getting donated to be given back to the community.

Offline redstarone

« Reply #32 on: February 9, 2011, 08:47:51 AM »
5 more days on the raffle which now includes an unbuilt FW malcador tank!

----------------

Assault squad Sgt. Nothing to fancy but he gets the job done.

Just need to get a shot of a tactical sgt, this assault sgt and the dev sgt all lined up showing the various helmet colors...

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
« Reply #33 on: February 9, 2011, 03:06:22 PM »
I love the old school shoulder heavy bolters! Looks like the force is building up nicely.
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014

Offline redstarone

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2011, 08:09:50 AM »
I love the old school shoulder heavy bolters! Looks like the force is building up nicely.

Thanks Mate, wait till the group shot later today :D

----------------------

Now onto the free give away raffle info since ive had so many questions.

Less the 3 days left to enter and ive had alot of questions about it being a raffle so does that mean people have to pay either to enter or to get the prize shipping if they should be one of the winners. The anwser to both is, of course not. It wouldnt  be a pay it forward, doing a good deed, raffle if anyone had to pay anything.

So to update everyone:

***Please Note, this raffle has no catches, tricks or anything like that. Its FREE to enter the raffle and even costs nothing to relieve your prize should you so win, even world wide. basically, it really is a free give away. Its based on the movie Pay ir Forward where if everyone does n good deeds for each other, the world can become a much better place. To enter all it takes is to be a follower of this blog which I pick winners from randomly.***

All the prizes for the raffle that lasts less then 3 days can be seen above.

Good luck everyone and enjoy.

To enter simply follow the blogspot as the winners are picked from that. If this raffle goes as well as the first, there will be a third and while I cant talk specifics, the prizes are even better then the last 2.

Offline redstarone

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2011, 11:16:30 AM »
TODAY IS THE FINAL DAY

Click the Pay it Forward Banner for more info on why I started this project and if you wish to follow, feel free.

All you need to do is be on my list of followers from which I pick winners from randomly out of a hat. But dont let that stop you from posting comments and giving advice. The more advice from the community, the better the blog can become.

The last months raffle went very well. 5 winners including some really nice stuff. This time based on donations for a former winner, a FW worker, a GW store manager and Galaxy Gobbo, this raffle takes the cake by far!

The Prizes for this months Give Away Free Raffle are:

A brand NIB stormraven

Brand new set of Mark V heresy marines WITH heresy Bolters.

And the bolters to go with them!

Malcador Tank from FW, unbuilt.

So.. the Raffle now has one more item. This will be the last item up for this months raffle but its a neat one. Hes offering a GW Virtual Gift card that will be emailed directly to the winner, allowing them to go straight to GW and buy whatever they want.

It will be for 75 dollars.

Those that aren't familiar with the virtual gift cards, here is the info from GW

Games Workshop Virtual Gift Vouchers

If you want to buy someone a gift but are not sure what to buy or need a gift in a hurry, then our Virtual Gift Vouchers are the perfect solution: allowing the recipient to choose their own gifts from our complete range of products. Once you have purchased a Virtual Gift Voucher it will be instantly delivered, via email, ready for immediate use. You can send multiple vouchers to a single recipient, simply order each separately, entering your chosen recipient's email address.

Games Workshop Virtual Gift Vouchers can only be redeemed online.

* Customizable with a personal message
        * Sent immediately via e-mail
        * Can be used straight away by the recipient[/quote]

So in total now there will be 4 more winners (those that won last month aren't entered into this months raffle). The 4 winners will each pick between:

A new in box, un opened Stormraven
or
A 5 man set of Mark V Heresy Armor WITH 5 Umbra Bolters to go with them, also from FW.
or
A $75.00 US Virtual GW gift card.
or
A brand new unbuilt FW Malcador Tank.

So to update everyone:

***Please Note, this raffle has no catches, tricks or anything like that. Its FREE to enter the raffle and even costs nothing to relieve your prize should you so win, even world wide. basically, it really is a free give away. Its based on the movie Pay ir Forward where if everyone does n good deeds for each other, the world can become a much better place. To enter all it takes is to be a follower of this blog which I pick winners from randomly.***

All the prizes for the raffle will be given out TOMORROW. Todayis the FINAL day to enter, well and tonight. So get ot it people if you want some free swag and want this wonderful project to continue next month!.

Good luck everyone and enjoy.

To enter simply follow the blogspot as the winners are picked from that. If this raffle goes as well as the first, there will be a third and while I cant talk specifics, the prizes are even better then the last 2.

Offline redstarone

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2011, 08:57:04 PM »

Start of a Sons of Horus Stormraven. Finished canopy.

More pics of the heavily converted bad boy tonight and tomorrow as I finish it up. But needless to say, lots of demonic skulls!

--------------

Also for those keeping up with the free give away at my blogspot, the 3rd give away has started:

Now for this months prizes!

***Please Note, this raffle has no catches, tricks or anything like that. Its FREE to enter the raffle and even costs nothing to relieve your prize should you so win, even world wide. basically, it really is a free give away. Its based on the movie Pay it Forward where if everyone does good deeds for each other, the world can become a much better place. To enter all it takes is to be a follower of this blog which I pick winners from randomly.***

There will be a total of 8 winners. The prizes are as follows:

2 Battleforce box sets for either 40k OR Warhammer. 1 Battleforce for 1 winner. The winners can pick ANY Battleforce they wish.

Sabol army case, details can be found here:
http://www.saboldesigns.net/armytransport.html

KR case, (still working the details on exactly which one or if the winner will have a choice since they offer cases for different games) Info can be found here:
http://www.krmulticase.com/mainint.html

8 Autographed BL books. Ill have the exact list of which ones as soon as they arrive as in the email I was told it would be a surprise "to die for". I will separate the 8 books into 4 groups allowing 4 separate winners. Each winner of the books will get 2.

So that's it, this give away will have 8 total winners, possibly 1 or 2 more depending on how talks with various people and stores goes. But as of right now, I personally feel this is the best give away yet as it allows the most people to win, and its chalk full of things people can use.

I will post more info over the next few days as final details on other items are worked out.

In the mean time, keep up the comments and spreading the word! Keep in mind folks, the more interest there is, the more give aways there can be, meaning even more future winners!

Offline redstarone

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2011, 06:48:59 PM »
Sons of Horus Stormraven Teaser Shots

Offline redstarone

« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2011, 06:22:19 PM »
A few more pics and one of the base before it was painted..

As always more info at the blogspot. Also  keep an eye out for the update tonight of the give away. A few followers have wanted to donate stuff so Ill be making an exact list of those prizes tonight.

Offline tryanotherone - smurfernating

• SPAMMER: I swear I am not an ad-bot!
  • Pray hard - life is short!
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2011, 07:42:17 AM »
The Stormraven is absolutely fantastic.

Great paint scheme and I like the way you painted the wings. Makes it look unique.
Taking a very long break.

The Rumour Mill - bending the fabric of time and space

Remember Brimstone - legends live forever