News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Fixin The Krooza, Gitburna Rides Through. Orks vs Nids  (Read 3209 times)

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Fixin The Krooza, Gitburna Rides Through. Orks vs Nids
« on: October 7, 2011, 07:14:07 PM »
ORK 1.5K Orktober Fixin the Kroozer, Batrep One

This was a 1500 point battle between orks and nids.

My List
BIG MEK Gitburna; Cybork, Kustom Force Field, BP, Burna
TROOPS:
1: 12 BOYS; Slugga and Choppa, NOB, ‘eavy armor, boss pole, Power Claw. TRUKK; Red Paint ram
2: 12 BOYS; Slugga and Choppa, NOB, ‘eavy armor, boss pole, Power Claw. TRUKK; Red Paint ram
3: 12 BOYS; Slugga and Choppa, NOB, ‘eavy armor, boss pole, Power Claw. TRUKK; Red Paint ram
4: 12 BOYS; Slugga and Choppa, NOB, ‘eavy armor, boss pole, Power Claw. TRUKK; Red Paint ram
5: 12 BOYS; Slugga and Choppa, NOB, ‘eavy armor, boss pole, Power Claw. TRUKK; Red Paint ram
6: 11 BOYS; Shootas, Nob with Big Shoota and Boss Pole; TRUKK; Red Paint, ram.
FAST: 
1:  3 War Buggies, Twin Link Rockits, Red Paint,
2:  3 War Buggies, Tracks, Red Paint, Twin Link Rocket Launcher
3:  2 War Buggies, Tracks, Red Paint, Skorcha
HEAVY:
1: Gun Truck w/ flakka dakka gun

His List
Swarm Lord with 3 tyrant guard
Tervigon with catalyst
5 warriors 1 with venom cannon
2 lictors
1 Zoanthrope
24 Hormagaunts
24 Hormagaunts
11 Genesteelers
11 Genesteelers
3 biovores

He was a few points over so I added grot riggers to everything and that evened it up.

We rolled for first turn and he won, setting up his nids in a long line across the board. I chose to have all units come on the board first turn, and then I failed to seize the initiative.

Turn 1
He moved everything for forward, then ran them all, his one long line of hormagaunts began to consolidate towards the center.

Orks
Everything moved on 13”, the rockit buggies shot at the tyrant and killed two of his guard, the trucks all opened up on the long line of hormagaunts and with 6 trucks only killed 4 gaunts.

Turn 2
Nids
Everything moved forward again, and most things ran. His tervagon spawned 10 gaunts, that also ran. The swarm lord gave the long line of hormagaunts furious charge.

The biovores fired at the Big Meks truck but failed to cause damage. The zoanthrope also failed to cause damage as he fired the template weapon that is only strength 4, it hit but did not pen.

The gaunts assault the gun truck, and the genestealers assault the skorchas. The gaunts got three glances and got an immobilized result, and the steelers wiffed.

Orks
All the vehicles move forward except the skorchas that move 1” back. The red boot boys get out by the lictor.

The skorchas get 15 hits causing 14 wounds, wiping out the steelers. The gun truck repaired itself because of the grot, and the rockit buggies only caused 1 wound on the last tyrant guard.

The red boot boys assaulted the lictor who killed two boys, and the other 9 hacked it to little pieces before the nob could swing. They consolidated into the rocks.

Turn 3
Nids
Most everything surged forward again, and most stuff ran, heading for various vehicles. The tervigon spawned 9 gaunts, that also ran.

The zoanthrope shot off the flakka gun of the gun truck, The biovores shot at the clump of trucks, but the three templates scattered killing 3 steelers and 5 orks, who passed their LD test.

The tyrant assaulted a truck and got a shaken result, the gaunts charged into the red boot boys who killed 6 of them but the nids killed off 4 boys leaving the nob all by himself. Two more gaunts died of fearless wounds. The steelers charged a truck and needing 6’s to hit, wiffed. The lictor also charged a truck and it too wiffed.

Orks
The trucks had to do a lot of tank shocking to get through the nid lines but got through they did. The skorchas back up again lining up on the gaunts that had tried to assault them. The gun truck tank shocked the tyrant who moved over.

The skorchas killed 21 gaunts, the rockits cause 3 wounds killing off the hive guard and wounding the brood tyrant. 3 trucks shoot at the tyrant causing another wound. The rest of the trucks shoot at the lictor and do nothing.

The nob tried to take on the guants, but was chopped into little bite size bits before he could swing.

Turn 4
Nids
Guants and steelers start chasing trucks, and the tervigon spawned 10. Most everything ran. The swarm lord gives the last of the hormogaunts furious charge.

The lictor shot at the Big Mek truck and shook it. The biovores shoot at the clumped trucks on the hill hitting 3 of them as well as 6 gaunts. The gaunts died, but no damage was caused to the trucks. Gaunts shot at the skorchas getting a shaken, and the others also shoot and get a second shaken. The tervigon shot the skorchas and got a stunned that was down graded to a shaken because of squadron rules.

The lictor charged the Big Mek truck and wiffed, the tyrant charged the gun truck and got another weapon destroyed. The three gaunts also charge the gun truck and wiff. The genestealers charge a truck and wiff. The stealers get a glance and destroy the big shoota from a truck.

Orks
5 truck loads of boys and one empty truck move off the board. The gun truck tank shocked the tyrant who got the glory. The skorchas moved flat out as they couldn’t shoot.

The rockit buggies shoot at the tyrant, and caused a wound.

We then called the game, as it was now 12(24) to 2 and even if he wiped out the rest of the orks he would not earn enough KP to even tie.

Victory to the Orks

I am thinking that maybe this scenario should have been played going the length of the board rather than the width, maybe that would have made a difference, I might replay it that way just for fun.

I have to thank my friend Brian for his patience as I took notes and pictures, it is his first batrep, so he was a real champ, and a great sportsman while I drove all around him. Maybe he will do better on the rematch.

Enjoy, it was a fun game, and a day playing 40k is better than a day doing honey dew list.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 08:40:53 AM by SKEETERGOD »
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
Re: Fixin The Krooza, Gitburna Rides Through
« Reply #1 on: October 7, 2011, 07:18:15 PM »
Good for you skeet...  I was a little nervoous for you going up against nidz...  But it looked like the red paint was really bright and gork's light shone on you! lol

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline Log

• Burna Boy
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: October 8, 2011, 05:30:49 AM »
Good game and good report skeet, an enjoyable read and I liked the pictures. I was a little confused with the first picture until I realised that the board was next to a mirror!

I would have probably tried loading up on one flank after seeing his army come on a spread accross the board, but you obviously didnt need to, it was a very strong win.

The most I am going to take away from this report though was the army list itself. I was impressed by the sheer number of units of boyz in trukks you can fit in when you strip out the fancy stuff and just go for the effective basics. I will deffinitely be playing about with a few lists like yours when I get the chance to fit in a few more games.

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #3 on: October 9, 2011, 02:38:12 PM »
Skeet's a fan of efficient trukk builds...  Not to steal his thunder, but he has encouraged me many times to run a trukk with shoota boyz and a big choppa nob...  It's really cheap, I just can't leave home without my power klaws! lol

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 09:02:00 AM »
Thanks guys for the great feedback. I am glad you like the list. There was a change from what I normally run, as I knew ahead of time that I was going against the nids. Of course it is the same "fire truck" brigade that AOD psyco blasted in our battle of the bosses, but it is essentially the "core" of my army.

First I dropped boarding planks, as there is nothing in the nid list that I could have planked, and I added the gun truck as I needed to use up the last 80 points on something. Then when he said he was over about 50 points, I just added grot riggers, as they are already modeled on the trucks, and I didn't have to try to rework my list to find 50 points of something. He still had a few more points than I did, but nothing that made a big difference in the game.

Had I gone against almost any other army I would have had boarding planks on 5 of those trucks, the joy of killing dreads without disembarking is just so much fun I can't resist. Plus the Green Baron would have been flying instead of the two skorchas.

Thanks again, and I am glad you enjoyed it.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Log

• Burna Boy
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 10:31:51 AM »
Based on your list I've just drawn up my own ready for mission 2 in a few days. I think this sort of list will likely be the direction I go with my Orks. It just felt right when I was putting it together. We'll see.. It's hardly ideal for mission 2, but my friend and I are big fans of building all-comers armies, so I expect his army will also be designed for standard missions too. I doubt he will tailor it for orks either; and since he could be taking DE, marines or guard, I couldnt tailor even if i wanted to.