News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: What models do you guys use for Hardened Vets. and Schaffer's last chancers???  (Read 1229 times)

Offline Decius

• Grot
  • Nurglings, the other white meat.
What models do you guys use for Hardened Vets. and Schaffer's last chancers??? I can't find the real schaffer's last chancers box.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2005, 12:05:03 PM by Hardened Veteran »

Offline PaxImperator

• Staff Officer; Imperium Extraordinarius
  • Lazerous Penguin
For Hardened Veterans, I use these: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/PaxImperator/Imperial%20Guard/shotgunvetsfront.jpg

I've never used Last Chancers, but I'd try combining parts from Cadians, Catachans, Steel Legion and so on.

Cheers, PaxImperator

Offline Captain Spaff

• Captain
  • Pwned - sucka!
    • Wulfram: Free Online 1st Person Shooter Available For Download
My hardened veterans are a mix between the Catachan and Cadian sprues. Generally, I will use a Cadian torso + Catachan legs, arms, and weapons. I then use a fair mix between the Catachan + Cadian head sprues, but  place the spare Cadian helmets some-where on any model without one.

As for the Schaeffers Last Chancers set-
http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=COMP0105133&orignav=10

Venarskan Excavators: (Imperial Guard)-
Win=35
Loss=23
Draw=4

Offline Agamemnon-2.0

• The Mask Behind the Man

Here are some of my Penal-Legionnaires-to-be (as soons as I shell out the bucks for the colonel himself and his right hand man). Pretty groovy bunch, really.
The 31st Saros Penal Regiment - 9 wins, 8 losses, 6 draws

Offline Chillin Mickey

• Beware of my five turn plan...
    • Join Boot Camp or Die!
For Hardened Veterans, I use these: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/PaxImperator/Imperial%20Guard/shotgunvetsfront.jpg

I've never used Last Chancers, but I'd try combining parts from Cadians, Catachans, Steel Legion and so on.

Cheers, PaxImperator

I don't really want to intrude but pax, are those shotguns just bolters with the clips cut off?  If not how did you make em?

The best way I think to make veterans is to use you normal guard models and make them more individualized.

Offline Commissar Starkey

• If you want to know ask, if you don't, then dont!
love those penal legioners!

*new idea for army :P*

(\_/)
(X.x)
(v v)
This is Dead Bunny. Copy Dead Bunny into your signature to help stop world Domination.

Offline Lt. Colonel Nightblade

• Lieutenant Colonel
I use Catachans for my vets, as well as for the rest of my army.

For the Last Chancers, I use the Last Chancers models.  That was back when they had their own individual rules.

Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away the hoofèd liar.
Roof and door and block and beam, drive the Trickster from our dreams.

Member of the Board 18 Chain of Command.

Offline Baconmccord

• Everybody is extremely gruntled.
My hardened veterans are a mix between the Catachan and Cadian sprues. Generally, I will use a Cadian torso + Catachan legs, arms, and weapons. I then use a fair mix between the Catachan + Cadian head sprues, but  place the spare Cadian helmets some-where on any model without one.

The cadian torso on the catachan legs, wouldn't that be a little weird.  That means two belts, and the proportions are off.  Anyway, for vets, just give them more wargear and cooler stuff that you wouldn't expect a normal IG to have.  Maybe make them scratched up a little in the armour, make them look more weathered on the skin, paint red shoulder pads, it's basically the persons idea of what veterans look like.  And the last chancers?  Just use a bunch of different guard, to represent the fact that the last chancers are basically a motley crew of criminals.

Have useless bits you'll never use?  I'll buy them!  PM Me!

Offline PaxImperator

• Staff Officer; Imperium Extraordinarius
  • Lazerous Penguin
I don't really want to intrude but pax, are those shotguns just bolters with the clips cut off?  If not how did you make em?

That's right. I just removed the clips and a few other pieces of the bolters to reduce their resemblance to the original weapons. It's still pretty obvious though. The link in my signature leads to a few WiP shots of the same veterans.

Cheers, PaxImperator

Offline Alpha 1

• Black Legion started it - we will finnish it.
Im using the old storm trooper models (my army uses infitltrate and i love the "splinter cell" type night vision look to the faces - and i think it fits in quite well - also they dont really look like thier wearing carapace compared to the new kaserkin models).

I've used both serg's in the unit and converted one with tank girls missile launcher arm.

never used last chancers -though id be tempted with cadian/necromunda conversions.
Codex : Kittens.  Out soon.

Offline Cateran Idir

• I'm not a llama!
  • Armies: Eldar, Guard, Marines of various types
Hi

Hardened Veterans are mainly Catachans and Tanith ghosts, plus some other regiments and a few Necromunda models, all different.

My Last Chancers are a mix of the boxed set, special characters (Tallarn and Valhallan captains) Necromundans, etc.

I don't do plastic.
I'm still not a llama, no matter what my profile picture might suggest.

Offline Rowing-Fiend

• Saving the World, One Regatta at a Time
My army is based around my vet squads... The theory being that it is mostly a special ops formation. Thus my veteran squads look very much similair to my regular half cadian, half catachan troops. However, i make sure to make me vets distinctive, adding different weapons and equipment.
First they came for the Jews,
And I did not speak out, because I was not a Jew.

Next they came for the Protestants,
And I did not speak out, because I was not a Protestant.

Then they came for Me,
And there was no one left to speak out for me.

Offline Skankin_Catachan

• Colonel
  • why?!why?!why was i programed to feel pain!?
i just use catachan arms,kroot shoulder pads,cadian torsos and legs, and a wide assortment of guns,backpacks and heads for my veterans they look swet in my opinion....(geez, i really got to geta photobucket going) im really tempted though to make a new veteran squad with pistoals and cc weapons wih the new wood elf models that are coming out....

Offline Baconmccord

• Everybody is extremely gruntled.
Have you thought of using elsyian drop troops for vets?  they look sweet, and more hardened than a regular trooper.  There on forgewordl.

Have useless bits you'll never use?  I'll buy them!  PM Me!

Offline Joker2and53

• buried in a library...
If you really want the last chancers models, I recently got the entire box set, still sealed in shrink wrap, for 15.50 plus six dollars shipping from E bay.  There are always a couple boxes available a month.  If you are just patient you should be able to find one.
I heart Bad Religion

Worst model ever = Dordin from Gaunt's Ghosts.  Whatever GW employee(s) gave the go ahead for Dordin to carry a las pistol, in his right hand no less, must be fired immidiately