News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Ratlings  (Read 999 times)

Offline hjoey75

• For The Emperor!!!
Ratlings
« on: May 8, 2009, 06:55:11 PM »
I have been reading the IG Codex and I like some things @ dislike other but I was thinking how cheap you can get Ratlings 30 sinpers for 300 points.I was think that if you had 30 sinpers you can pin almost any thing. Any thoughs about running 30 Ratlings.

Offline Black Hawk

• Captain
  • "Men of Tanith! Do you want to live forever?"
  • Armies: IG, DH, HE, Gondor
Re: Ratlings
« Reply #1 on: May 8, 2009, 07:50:48 PM »
It seems like a great idea. I love Ratlings, never leave home without them. I'd take 30 of them in a 2000 points list. The problem is that you'll limit your choices because you won't be able to take Storm Troopers, Ogryns, Psyker Battle Squads, or even Guardsmen Marbo.

Offline Bert_the_Turtle

• Major
  • Rule #1: Pillage THEN burn.
« Reply #2 on: May 8, 2009, 07:53:33 PM »
Sniper Rifles are effective against a lot of things though, and no other unit, at least that I know of, fields as many of them as Ratlings. So, even if you spent all of your Elite slots on Ratlings, you can make up the loss of a lot of those aforementioned units in other ways. Our Troop Choices are very versatile, they can be tooled up and used in a number of ways.

"You know the other team is f'd when we're using military hand signals to communicate  :P" -My Buddy Himitsu

Offline Cpt. Cool

• Death, the #1 killer of Americans
« Reply #3 on: May 8, 2009, 07:57:45 PM »
that many sniper rifles will kills lots and lots of stuff, and depending on the enemy a 30 group may be worth it

So I say test game, test game, test game

Offline hjoey75

• For The Emperor!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 9, 2009, 12:17:22 AM »
I feel Storm Troopers and Ogryns are to pricey for what they do Psyker Battle Squads are 2 lighty armored to be any good so they will aways be in cover and then if it gets ingored they just die.I find Guardsmen Marbo stuiped because he is only human he should not be able to do all of that.