News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Zandrekh and Obyron: Tank Hunters and Cleaving Counterblow  (Read 1563 times)

Offline Reepy

• Armies: Eldar, Necrons, Tyranids, Dark Angels
Zandrekh and Obyron: Tank Hunters and Cleaving Counterblow
« on: September 10, 2012, 03:13:10 PM »
I just played a game against Space Marines and two things came up:

1) Obyron was in a squad of Lychguard and they assaulted a tactical squad. In this instance we didn't know how to resolve Cleaving Counterblow. We played it so that only the marines that are base to base only with Obyron strike at him. I am not sure that is correct however. What do you guys think?

2) I gave a squad of Warriors Tank Hunters. They were firing at a Predator's side armour. I am not sure if the USR was used correctly because the GAUSS rule gives them a chance to glance even though their weapons are not strong enough to glance the vehicle's armour. It seemed reasonable to let them rerol the armor penetration so we played it that way. Were we wrong?

Offline CloverSquirrel

• Their Number is Legion, Their Name is Death
  • Armies: Necrons
Re: Zandrekh and Obyron: Tank Hunters and Cleaving Counterblow
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 06:25:18 PM »
Had both of these points happen to me before, these seem to be the generally accepted ideas with them.

1) Any model that makes their attacks on Obyron himself and miss will add to the bonus Cleaving Counterblow attacks, any models that just attack his unit generally will not.

2) Necrons that have Gauss weapons and the Tank Hunters rule thanks to Zandrekh do get to re-roll any of their armour penetration rolls. This is simply because all the Gauss rule does is give them a chance for glancing against any vehicles, even if their strength isn't enough in normal conditions and the Tank Hunters rule just allows them to re-roll all armour penetration rolls.
Battle record:
W:22  L:8  D:2
Tesseract Labyrinth'd:
2xHive Tyrant, 1xWolf Priest, 1xVulkan He'stan, 2xLogan Grimnar, 1xTrygon Prime, 1xDaemon Prince, 1xChaos Lord, 1xChaos Sorcerer
Tournaments:
40kOnline 2012 UK: 5th