News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: "Monster Genes" 2kpt list  (Read 3296 times)

Offline Master Bio-Titan BT

• Armies: Chaos Marines and Tyranids
Re: "Monster Genes" 2kpt list
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2009, 09:52:01 PM »
Sorry, I have been away for the weekend.  Thanks to those whom have posted.

I suppose I should be clearing up a few things and most of all mentioning that my biggest opponent 90%+ of the time is a Plague Marine player, so I will be facing T5 majority of the time.

I did have Flesh Hooks on my Screamer/Killer (Heavy) Fex in my list, I just forgot to include it here on my online list, so I fixed that.  I also had F.Hooks on the DakkaFexs' mostly because I had the points, because I could, and tactfully, it can work well by hiding behind impassable terrain from my opponent, "pop" over the impassable terrain and do my shooting.  If I removed the F.Hooks from them that would leave me 3 pts to spare and I have no idea on where to put those points to use.

Also, I choose the Mace Tail for several reasons.  #1  Its a bit cheaper, #2  Its a St9 hit which will negate the T5 and the FNP of the Plague Marines which is very important and on average of numbers will kill more Plague Marines than a Scythe Tail, #3  Well, I can't remember why, but there was another reason.  Maybe later! :D

I was considering decreasing my Screamer/Killer Fex to a lowly Ninja Fex to save some points.  I suppose I should be adjusting my H.Tyrants as already suggested, so expect a revised list hopefully soon.

2008 CSM Poster of the Year

My CSM Conversions & Tutorials (Updated 12-22-12) 

My Tyranid Conversions & Tutorials  (Updated 12-23-12)

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2009, 10:41:15 AM »
Lost the Lash Whips + Bonesword combo from your Hive Tyrants, it has no place in this list. With the biomorphs you've got, I'd go for Scything Talons. 5 attacks on the charge plus the attacks from your Tyrant Guard will do some nasty-ass damage to anything you get into close combat with. It also frees up some points you can use along with the points you save if you change +1 T on your fex to +1 W (it will come in far more handy, trust me) to beef up your scuttling stealer unit

2 things to this suggestion:

I am taking both +T and +W on the Sniper Fexes as my Plague Marine opponent takes quite a few Plasma Weapons, especially Obliterators, so I figured that the +T would come in handy agains wounds from Plasma.

Also, I am not sure what you mean in regards to LW and BS not having a place in this army list.  What if my opponent is in cover and I assault with my G.Stealers and since I do not have F.Hooks on them I will not attack first, so  the catalyst will allow me to attack before dying right?

Thanks!

Offline Chuckles, The Space Marine Clown

• Can't Touch This; Captain; Swarmlord - Tyranid Sweatshop Operator; 40KO's Official WMD; "No American orphans, please"
  • Ancient
  • I kill, maim and torture because I care
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2009, 10:59:48 AM »
Yes, but then you'll be dead. My suggestion would be perhaps to, I don't know, not charge an enemy unit that's in cover?
The forum rules are fair and just. *twitch*

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2009, 11:59:23 AM »
Yes, but then you'll be dead. My suggestion would be perhaps to, I don't know, not charge an enemy unit that's in cover?

If I don't charge I don't think that my opponent is going to charge my G.Stealers!  PMs' aren't exactly known for assaulting, mostly sitting, shooting, and holding objectives.  My opponent is definately not going to come screaming out of cover to assault my approaching Stealers and have them Rend them to hell.  Of course this would decrease the amount of attacks from my stealers not charging him.  Its a toss up really.

I have yet to play Nids as i am continuously in the building phase so I have yet to learn Nid tactics.

Offline Chuckles, The Space Marine Clown

• Can't Touch This; Captain; Swarmlord - Tyranid Sweatshop Operator; 40KO's Official WMD; "No American orphans, please"
  • Ancient
  • I kill, maim and torture because I care
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2009, 12:21:26 PM »

If I don't charge I don't think that my opponent is going to charge my G.Stealers!  PMs' aren't exactly known for assaulting, mostly sitting, shooting, and holding objectives.  My opponent is definately not going to come screaming out of cover to assault my approaching Stealers and have them Rend them to hell.  Of course this would decrease the amount of attacks from my stealers not charging him.  Its a toss up really.

I have yet to play Nids as i am continuously in the building phase so I have yet to learn Nid tactics.

No, Plague Marines have blight grenades so even if you charge you have the same amount of attacks. Why not just give the genestealers flesh hooks? It works much better than catalyst
The forum rules are fair and just. *twitch*

« Reply #25 on: August 2, 2009, 01:06:42 AM »

No, Plague Marines have blight grenades so even if you charge you have the same amount of attacks. Why not just give the genestealers flesh hooks? It works much better than catalyst

I believe you miss understood me, no matter, its not worth elaborating, I know PMs' have blight grenades. :P

I'm not taking flesh hooks as feeder tendrils are much better however, acid maw against PMs' is very very tempting as I am only going to wound on 5s' and of course 6s' Rend, so any rolls that are wounding can be re-roll the first round which hopefully has a higher outcome of 6s' rolled.

Vs. PMs' I think Scy/Talons and acid maw would be the way to go.

Offline YuenglingDragon

• Lazerous Penguin
  • I'm a beer dragon!
« Reply #26 on: August 2, 2009, 02:00:55 AM »
Flesh hooks and Tendrils can be taken together.  Acid Maw might be useful.  Tendrils gains an extra 6.667 successful hits and Acid Maw gets you about 4.5 more wounds.  But tendrils can help other units, too.  I think I still vote Tendrils.
Proposition beslubber wins by a landslide!  I'm the 2008 Space Marine poster of the year.

Don't listen to the drunk dragon...

Offline Raktra (So long, I guess)

• Skarboy | Ripper | Princess of Baal
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Armies: Grey Knights
« Reply #27 on: August 2, 2009, 11:43:50 AM »
Flesh hooks and Tendrils can be taken together.
Not on 'Stealers they can't. It's marked as one of the "one choice only" options.

Offline YuenglingDragon

• Lazerous Penguin
  • I'm a beer dragon!
« Reply #28 on: August 2, 2009, 12:25:24 PM »
Oops, I though that was only Maw and Tendrils on them.  Apologies.

It is kind of hard to justify not having Hooks since everyone loves cover these days.  It is possible to pull opponents off cover with their own counter charge move, though, if you wanted to throw HG's or something at the problem first.
Proposition beslubber wins by a landslide!  I'm the 2008 Space Marine poster of the year.

Don't listen to the drunk dragon...