News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Necron warrior Phalanx (where to buy)  (Read 4965 times)

Offline shrapnel

Necron warrior Phalanx (where to buy)
« on: August 17, 2008, 07:33:53 PM »
Hey, pretty experienced painter here, no experience 40k player, wondering about the Necron Warrior Phalanx.  This isn't a "is this a good box set" questions, as I know that it is quite a good deal.  But as far as where to purchase from, GW online store is charging $280, but ebay has it for $180 + shipping.  Don't know if thats a good deal, but can someone inform me as to where i could get a good deal on the NWP?

Thanks in advance!

Offline Demonboy

• Forum Idiot: I post so I don't have to read
Re: Necron warrior Phalanx (where to buy)
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 07:43:22 PM »
GW sells it for $200.... I bought mine at a hobbie shop for $185.

Offline argos5

• Stuff
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 08:56:03 PM »
I'm with Demonboy on this. It shouldn't be going at $280. That's what the ridiculous Space Marine box is going for. It should be under that price for around what Demonboy paid for.

Offline shrapnel

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 02:53:08 AM »
One canada's online store, a warrior phalanx goes for $280...  So any other online places I can get it for not as much?

Offline FifthWindDieGermanator

• Marines are Toughness 3! | Termagant
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 02:15:22 PM »
Also depends on your area.

For example, if you do live in Canada, if may be cheaper for you to order the Phalanx from the GW US store and have it shipped to you rather than ordering if from Canada.
"special weapons, what special weapons, oh look skulls, BLAAAGABLAGAAAGGGGG BLOOD SKULLS BLOOD SKULLS"
-Sanctjud

I'd rather you hate me, For everything I am, Than have you love me, For something that I can't
- Five Finger Death Punch

Beware, Rules Lawyers, beware!

Offline shrapnel

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 05:43:44 PM »
anyone have any links they mind sharing to a good online store with the phalanx

Offline echo34

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 09:22:03 PM »
chaosorc.com had it for $170
Lose is different from Loose.

Offline shrapnel

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 02:44:56 AM »
Thanks echo!!

So I read through the "5th edition" thread, should i be getting anything else?  Or is this army functional enough as it is out of box.

Offline Balthraka

• Dracite
  • This is a lie
    • Betting on Monopoly
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 03:57:14 AM »
Thanks echo!!

So I read through the "5th edition" thread, should i be getting anything else?  Or is this army functional enough as it is out of box.

Well the Warrior Phalanx box definitely gives you enough models to make a 1500 point army quite easily...
But with 5th ed. it is debateable how effective said army will be.

A lot more people now are propogating the use of Heavy Destroyers over Normal Destroyers than they were in 4th ed. because it is now incredibly hard for normal ones to take out tanks andf H Destroyers become almost the only reliable way...

However; others disagree (and you can always modify normals ones to heavy ones).

Apart from that...
You will need the 5th ed rulebook and the Necron Codex.
Then youre ready to start playing!

As for cheapest place.
I got my phalanx off eBay from a British seller.
Cost me $180 AUSTRALIAN including shipping...
In Aus its sells for $316 and the value of whats inside = $540. (From what i remember).

Youre deal sounds ok though.

-B
COME SEE THE BIG LIST OF CHAOS ARMY LISTS FOR SOME TRIED AND TESTED LISTS USED BY FORUM MEMBERS

Offline shrapnel

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2008, 01:46:16 AM »
Ok thanks for the help.

Im ordering from chaosorc.com, the one that was previously suggested by echo.  I'm getting the phalanx, modeling sand, model files and cutters, necron codex, and the 5th ed rule book, and all together, the shipping will be $60... so I think that is a good deal.

Offline Balthraka

• Dracite
  • This is a lie
    • Betting on Monopoly
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2008, 01:52:41 AM »
Ok thanks for the help.

Im ordering from chaosorc.com, the one that was previously suggested by echo.  I'm getting the phalanx, modeling sand, model files and cutters, necron codex, and the 5th ed rule book, and all together, the shipping will be $60... so I think that is a good deal.

Sounds pretty decent!

However; I wouldnt bother with the sand...
Personally i get mine from the beach... Or use 'en tout cas' from tennis courts.
But its not as fine as it could be and has gritty bits...

Are you getting GW brand sand and files/cutters?
Because if so; I would reccomend going to a local hobby or hadware shop and getting them from there.
Purely because it will probably be a whole lot cheaper.
If the ones you get are generic brand though it should be sweet!

Have fun assembling the monolith and 48 warriors...  :P

-B
COME SEE THE BIG LIST OF CHAOS ARMY LISTS FOR SOME TRIED AND TESTED LISTS USED BY FORUM MEMBERS

Offline shrapnel

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2008, 02:12:37 AM »
hahaha... yes I will be pretty busy putting everything together... But I used to be pretty into warmachine and LOTR, and had a goblin army, so... pretty used to putting together hordes of troops :)

I'm just worried that I'll need other things to be able to be able to play against other armys... considering I've read that destoyers aren't very effective anymore since 5th ed and the phalanx comes with 6 of them...  AND all the tactica and whatnot on this site says that immortals are kind of a "must".   Before my order, should I add anything more?  Immortals?