News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Eldar Corsairs, Pre-Heresy Dark Angels + World Eaters  (Read 330583 times)

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Eldar Corsairs, Pre-Heresy Dark Angels + World Eaters
« Reply #1260 on: May 19, 2017, 08:47:01 AM »
I have got to say Cavalier that I really admire your work ethic. Seeing all that gold across all of the models makes me wonder how you keep yourself so upbeat and motivated all of the time.

All of the models are striking but my favourite is Ahriman. I really like how you stressed the cloth over the underlying greaves of the model. Such attention to detail is staggering.
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #1261 on: May 19, 2017, 09:43:28 AM »
I was so mesmerised by the paint job that I overlooked that the first model is indeed Ahriman.  He looks terrific on that disc and the way that red flows down those robes is superb.  What is it about you and red Cavalier :)?
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #1262 on: May 20, 2017, 07:20:36 AM »
@Alienscar- Thanks so much Alienscar. Thats a really, really nice compliment and I truly appreciate it bud. Yeah the gold sure was a grind, especially by the time I got through the 20x Rubrics and to the 10x Terminators, but I had a deadline and I was working with one of the big bosses so I really just wanted to power through it and do a good job. I was definitely getting burned out, but once I got to those Sorcerors I got re-inspired big time. They have big areas of open surface where you can really go to town with the brush and a wider range of colors which was super fun to work with. Anyway thanks so much Alienscar, glad you liked the stress areas on the robes... that was the funnest part. Using reds, purples and pinks was super fun. Anyway bud thanks a lot I appreciate it

@Irisado- lol... no worries Irisado! Yeah that Aehriman model is INSANE! I was so stoked to paint him up... I always loved the original and I was really excited to paint the new one. The Chaos characters are so iconic and I really wanted to make this guy special. I know about the red... I was laughing to myself when I started doing the red because it was precisely when I started doing the red on Magnus and the Sorcerors that I got re-inspired... I know you were joking but I do get amped up to show off whenever I get to paint red models lol! Anyway thanks so much Irisado. Super glad you like Aehriman I really wanted him to be a showcase model, so your praise really, really means a lot. Thanks as always for your great feedback its always very inspiring. Thanks  ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 07:22:10 AM by Cavalier »
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #1263 on: May 20, 2017, 02:25:03 PM »
Amazing work as always Cav. You've really worked wonders with a fairly limited palette. The pinks in particular are sublime, but I also love the blues of the armour.

Fantastic stuff, you can be rightly proud of that commission and I hope the customer is pleased too.

Now get back to work on your own models!!
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1264 on: May 21, 2017, 02:04:59 PM »
@Looshkin- Thanks so much my friend. Really glad you like the pinks. I wasn't sure it was gonna work, but once I tested it and it looked good, I'm really glad I rolled with it. I'm definitely hoping the client is happy. I've gotten any feedback! Anyway thanks my friend... and yes I'm back at work on my own models and working feverishly! Check it out!

@Everybody- Hey gang back at it with my own models! Thanks Asuryan! I'm working feverishly to work on my own stuff before the next project rolls in. So I just finished re-working my Fire Dragons and then I'm gonna touch-up my other unit of Jetbikes. Eventually I'm gonna re-do 2 of my Dire Avenger squads as well. Its been SO fun giving these guys a bit of a lift in the painting department. I want everything looking spiffy for 8th edition.

However, after touching up the Jetbikes I'm moving on full blast to World Eaters! The other units will have to wait. First up is the Storm Eagle... but after that....

Hell yeah! I'm comitted to these dudes regardless of how good they are! Warp Talons or Raptors I've not decided... but Reece was saying how awesome jump infantry are in the new game so I decided to bite the dang bullet!

Alright guys... I've got a bat-rep in the works for you. So stay tuned for that! Regular readers are in for some laughs... so stay tuned!!!

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #1265 on: May 21, 2017, 08:15:55 PM »
Niiiiice!
Good choice with the blackish background as well, Cavalier. The khorne red actually looks bright. Do you strip the models, then repaint them, or just give them another, very thin, coat.
Looking forward to seeing your style on those jumping Chaos models. We know you'll do them justice.

Personally, I've always thought the jump packs look top heavy with the running legs. I swap them with Grey Hunter torsos. The JP troop look balanced in their fighting stances, and the GH's look like their charging. Especially with the snarling faces. With your job and hoppy, mate, you must do nothing but eat, sleep and paint.   

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #1266 on: May 22, 2017, 07:08:04 PM »
Those Dragons are looking stunning Cav :) great to see them with a new lease of life as they were always one of my favourites.

Can't wait to see what you do with the Raptors/Warp Talons. I must admit they're a bit blingy for me all told, but I've found great use for a lot of the bits they came with livening up more plain designs :) can't wait to see what you do with them.
Check out my Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders :)

Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders!

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1267 on: May 23, 2017, 08:24:17 AM »
@Saim-Dann- Hey bud thanks as always for the great feedback. Yeah the Khorne Red always looks a lot brighter in the photos than in real life. I'm finally getting a grip on how to work with the settings on my camera, and these are by far the closest to real life photos I've take to this point, but still no way near dark enough. The background is actually a big black piece of paper! But it looks almost grey in the photos... Dang camera!

As for re-painting these guys, all I did was throw a nice rich Nuln Oil wash on them and sort of touch things up here and there. With a clean base coat when needed, but most a fresh set of 3-stage highlights.

Yeah we'll see with those Raptors. I've found just by altering the positioning of the torso, it usually addresses any imbalanced elements. But thats a good tip though for sure. Should be a cheap fix if I'm not happy with the legs.

Lol... as for time managment. All I can say is I've got every hour of the day accounted for. I'm super regimented with my time... and I'm definitley a bit over zealous with that approach but it really helps me get stuff done. However I still manage to go to the gym everyday, get in games and have drinks on the deck, plus I take it easy on the weekends. But yeah gotta stay laser focused to get through these projects. It is a slog! Anyway thanks Saim-Dann appreciate your thoughtful comments. Take care bud and talk soon.

@Ynneadwraith- Thanks so much buddy. God these dudes were hurting! They REALLY needed some fresh paint... Its been really great fixing up my units... even at the tabletop level I can really tell the difference. I'm gonna go back and hit up a bunch of my other units as time goes on too. But yeah I hear you on the Raptors. GW really paints these dudes SUPER clean... I'm gonna go and give them ultra-weathered gritty look that I achieved with my Berserkers. The washes, chipping and over-all darker pallet should do the trick. Anyway thanks bud can't wait to start painting these!

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #1268 on: May 23, 2017, 04:34:13 PM »
You are so funny. I think you have telepathy, I got my nightlords out last week and started paint, well planning stages for them. Plus build a gorkanaut and some necrons. Some eldar, finish Yvraine, blah blah blah.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1269 on: May 24, 2017, 04:12:37 PM »
@Dread- Hell yeah! So stoked about jump troops man. I think they are gonna be killer. Can't wait to get going on them! Thanks bud :)

Final 7th Edition Battle Report: Eldar VS Armies of the Imperium 1850pts

@Everyone- Hey guys so here's my final 7th edition Battle-Report. Thank you all very much for taking the time to read these over the past 2-3 years. I really appreciate it. They take a long time to write up so its really nice to get all your great feedback.

I'm going to try writing these in a different style so I hope you enjoy! Lets dive right in.

Army Lists

Eldar 1850

Autarch- Jetbike, Laser Lance, Fusion Gun
Jetbikes x3- Scatter Lasers x3
Jetbikes x3- Scatter Lasers x3
Hornets x2- Pulse Lasers x4
Nightwing
-Aspect Host-
Warp Spiders x5- Exarch
Fire Dragons x5- Exarch, Wave Serpent- Scatter Laser, Shuriken Cannon
Dark Reapers x5- Exarch, Wave Serpent- Scatter Laser, Shuriken Cannon
-Aspect Host-
Shining Spears x6- Exarch
Scorpions x10- Exarch, Claw
Scorpions x10- Exarch, Claw

Armies of the Imperium 1850

Saint Celestine
Gemenae x2
Inquistor
Platoon Command Squad
Infantry Platoon + Priest - Lascannons x6, Grenade Launchers x4
Scions x5- Melta x2
Scions x5- Melta x2
50 Conscripts + Priest
Valkryie
Veterans x10- Lacannon, Melta
Imperial Knight Warden- Gattling Gun, Battle Cannon, Melta Gun

Deployment

Turn 1- The first turn was very cagey. I elected to go 2nd after winning the roll off, but due to Mike with his warlord traits and the presence of my Scorpions their was a lot of infiltrating shenanigans. Suffice to say in the end Celestine and her girls were facing off against my Dark Reapers, Farseer and Scorpions on the left flank, while the Dragons, Jetbikes and Warp Spiders were facing off against the Knight, Platoon + Command Squad. Celestine began barreling up the board right towards the Scorpions, Farseer and Reapers. Meanwhile the Knight.... you guessed it... came right out in front of the Dragons.... AGAIN!!!!!!! I could not believe it. I mentioned this to him right up front but it went ignored. He did virtually no damage aside from a hull point on my Serpent even after 6 lascannons and all the Knights guns unloaded on the Dragons Serpent.

In my turn I jetted the Dragons out battle-focused to get side armor on the Knight and destroyed it! The day after I gave battle-honors to my Dragons. They've killed this knight 4x! Other than that, my Warp Spiders and a unit of Jetbikes shot up the platoon before jumping back into cover, felling at least 10 of them. Meanwhile the Scorpions fell back to prevent getting charged by Celestine. While the Reapers, their Serpent and a lone unit of Jetbikes unloaded into Celestine and her crew. The Gemenae went down and Celestine took 2 wounds but I knew I was in for some pain the next turn.

Turn 2- Celestine promptly jumped right up in front of the ruins. While a unit of Scions tried to deepstrike behind the ruins where my Jetbikes were hiding, but scattered wildly onto the other side. They then opted to try and take out the Dragons' Wave Serpent but failed to do so with their melta. The Dragons then took fussilade of firepower from the Platoon but amazingly survived! However Celestine ressurected her Gemanae and made her charge into the Reapers + Farseer, dispatching all the Reapers while the Farseer survived. I passed Morale and Celestine opted to hold, isntead of Hitting and Running, which may have been wise... because she could have hit and run well out of range of my my Scorpions who were able to close in easily.

IMG_6099 by Eldar Cavalier, on Flickr

IMG_6101 by Eldar Cavalier, on Flickr

All my reserves came in, including my Flyer which I wanted to remain off. My Spears + Autarch cautiously outflanked near the platoon + the platoon command squad but hid inside some ruins, in a position to strike either target the next turn. Meanwhile the Jetbikes + Warp Spiders unloaded onto the Platoon... dropping them to about 10 guys. I was worried about the Conscripts flooding on to support the Platoon in the next turn and I'd lose basically half the table. So mission accomplished there. Then onto the main course... Celestine! My Scorpions came whirling in, pistols, Mandiblasters and chainswords flying and in the end we killed Celestine! But obviously she was coming back... Damn it! I knew the Scorpions stood little chance against her at full strength but at leas they were able to take her out once. I think I played that well as she'd be dealing with them for at least a turn... maybe more later.

Turn 3

Celestine promptly returns and with her, a single Gemanae. Also the Valkrie shows up and grav-chutes in a Veteran Squad with a lascannon and melta gun. They try and take out the Reapers Wave Serpent which is still hanging around but fail to do so. The Platoon manage to take out the Dragons' Serpent on the other flank. Meanwhile Celestine faces a bit of a predicament. I've carefully positioned my Scorpions in layers so she can't multi-charge meaning I can hopefully tie her up again in my turn... if I don't succeed in killing her! So she comes wheeling in and promptly wipes out the first rank of Scorpions but does take some wounds in the process and losing a Gemenae again. I'm doing really well in the miss match... the pair of Scorpion units has been great, even in this delaying action!  However I fully intend on killing her in my shooting phase first!

So I come wheeling in with all the shooting I can muster. Warp Spiders, Jetbikes, Scorpion pistols all unload. She takes a number of wounds but stands strong! Then my trusty Nightwing + my last Wave Serpent combine firepower and take out the Valkyrie. My Autarch and his Shining Spears then descend on the remains of the platoon and annihilate them in combat. My Autarch slays the priest in a challenge and a number of extra guys with wound overflow. A very exciting turn to be sure! Especially with my Spears and Autarch taking skulls in their final 7th edition battle.

Turn 4- The last of the Imperial Guard reserves arrive and the Conscripts outflank next to my Dragons, Autarch and Jetbikes. Oh man! I'm fully expecting him to go for slay the Warlord.. but instead he goes after my Fire Dragons! Well revenge is a powerful motivation. They kill them but it takes a ton of firepower to do so. The Veterans which arrived via Valkyrie try and take out the Wave Serpent again but fail. Celestine then revives one of her Geminae and they charge the Scorpions... and slaughter them but incredibly the Farseer holds! This guy has survived 3 turns of combat with one of the most powerful CC characters in the game, what a champion!

Wrap-Up- The game goes a full 5 turns before ending on a dice roll to conclude. As I'm sure you can see my army was performing really well. While Celestine ripped through all 20x Scorpions, the Reapers and Farseer it came at a cost. She died once, lost all her Geminae multiple times and limped away on only a few wounds after the last battle with the Scorpions. As she did so, my Jetbikes, Nightwing and Warp Spider pounced and finally brought her down. Meanwhile the Hornets eliminated the Veteran squad harassing the Reaper's Wave Serpent while my Autarch and Spears gunned down the Platoon Command Squad with their shuriken catapults. All that was left was the Conscripts.

It was a fun game but would have been a lot more fun if he hadn't pulled that same disastrous blunder with the Knight again! But hey it was a great way to close out 7th edition. We both had a fun time and Mike texted me afterwards thanking me for making the trip out and wants to get together again after 8th drops.

I have to say its been a great run for my army since 6th edition. The Codex and Imperial Armor 11 definitley gave me a very strong advantage but I feel I balanced the raw power of the army with some challenging unit choices. I'm under no illusions of running an under powered list, it was certainly strong and competitive but a far cry from the power cheese you'd see at the LVO. All that being said, I'm very much looking forward to being challenged in the new edition by a better balance across the game. It also seems a lot of the units I've been practicing with like Shining Spears and Scorpions will be getting a significant bump in efficacy due to changes in the Core Rules which is very exciting. Anyway thanks guys for all the great feedback. I'm looking forward to making more bat-reps as we roll into 8th edition. Until then guys stay tuned and I'll talk to you soon in the next udpate.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 04:14:14 PM by Cavalier »

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #1270 on: May 24, 2017, 05:37:38 PM »
Congrats on the win, Cavalier!
Was a hoot to read. Nice visuals as well. The knight taken out in the first turn... Ooouch! Was definitely a miss match of tactics. Most of the locals here poo themselves when a knight hits the table and clutter it with terrain. Glad to see this wasn't the case here.

Responsibilities have wiped out any chances for gaming in my world, right now. So my last game in 7th ed WAS my last game in 7th ed. When life allows me to roll some dice again I wouldn't mind having a crack at batreps. It looks like fun.

Thanks for sharing, mate. Have to live vicariously through you guy for a wee bit... Cheers pointy ears!! 

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1271 on: May 27, 2017, 01:34:43 PM »
@Saim-Dann- Thanks man. Glad to go out with a win at the end of an edition. Yeah thats kind of a dirty trick to play on Knights, cluttering the board with terrain. I say embrace the challenge! Although moving my Serpent 6" and nuking it with Fire Dragons isn't exactly a challenge! lol I'll continue to produce bat-reps so I hope you look forward to them. Thanks man!

@Everyone- Hey guys so my first batch of repaint work is complete. Just finished these dudes yesterday... and have been working on the Storm Eagle since (making lots of progress). Very happy I revamped these dudes. I think they look, much, much better. So at the end of this repaint process, I repainted my Storm Guardians, Fire Dragons, Reavers and Jetbikes. Perfect way to head into 8th edition with a good chunk of my core army revamped, even priming my Dark Eldar wing for a comeback.

Very excited to have 30x Avengers, 10x Rangers (with Illic Nightspear repainted a few months ago), 10x Stormies, 2x3 Jetbikes all painted up to the nines... Great way to head into the new edition. Anyway thats it for now. Stay tuned... Storm Eagle updates coming soon!

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #1272 on: May 27, 2017, 05:27:49 PM »
Niiiiice!
They do look good all together like that, Cavalier. Do you use day globes or natural light when shooting your models?

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #1273 on: May 27, 2017, 06:47:26 PM »
That battle report was a great way to bring seventh edition to a close.  What a crazy game of punch and counter punch!  I am also impressed by how long your Striking Scorpions and Farseer held out for.  It was really impressive.  That's what happens when you use a legendary old model clearly ;).  As for the Knight, I just can't believe that he did it again.

The photos are as fabulous as always and the armies and table both look great.  Thanks for the report :).
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #1274 on: May 27, 2017, 10:02:02 PM »
Holy amphetamine parrotaki mushrooms. What a report, what a game! I knew Celestine was good by reading her rules when I got the models but wow, she's a real beast. It's also a shame about the knight, a lesson I've learned several times with mine. You used the jetbikes and spiders to their full potential too.

As for Mike's army, I love his colors, they look amazing as well as yours my friend always.

Now why are you waiting for just short of a month to play another game???

Your repaints still look great, now I gotta get mine ready for 8th, just not sure which army I want to use for my first 8th game. Hmmm!?
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #1275 on: May 28, 2017, 05:04:55 AM »
Great updates as always Cav. Great win in the BatRep, it'll be interesting to see how the same forces match up after 8th drops...although may I suggest that Mike not be allowed to take a Knight ever again until he learns that Fire Dragons are bad for their health! That said, with Knights being that much more survivable in 8th, maybe those mistakes won't be as damaging...

Those Bikes are looking awesome Cav. Looks like you're ready to hit the ground running when 8th hits!
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1276 on: May 29, 2017, 07:12:26 AM »
@Saim-Dann- Thanks buddy! I just use a combo of natural light and the ceiling lights. Its served me well for years. Especially since I figured out how to adjust the exposure on my camera. Been real nice since I figured that out!

@Irisado- Thanks as always for your great feedback Irisado. Yeah it was a great fun game. Seeing the Scorpions and that legendary Farseer just go to war with Celestine was really cool. Even though I knew it was a losing effort, they protected my entire right flank which was glorious. But the highlight has to be Mike and that Imperial Knight! I was like what the hell Mike!? I told him... as soon as I put my Dragons down during deployment (after he deployed his Knight). Here are my Fire Dragons... but he did the unthinkable again! I couldn't wait to tell you guys. Other than that though it was a really good game.

On another note, I'm really glad you enjoyed my battle-reports. I know you had no interest in playing 7th edition, but I'm glad you took the time to check out my bat-reps. It really means a lot. Thanks again Irisado you are a forum champion! 

@Dread- Thanks Dread. I know Celestine was a freaking monster! She must have shredded nearly 700pts of my army all on her own. Maybe more! Also yes! Mike's army is awesome looking! His kitbashed characters are fantastic! He has tons of kitbashes and conversions which are really great looking. I'm surprised he didn't use his regular Cadians in this game though. The ones he used he picked up second hand... because his regular dudes are fantastic with tons of detail and kitbashes to make them really unique. Glad you liked his army I'll make sure to mention it to him.

As for why I'm gonna wait to play another game... well its a number of reasons really. I want to maximize this time, when their is a lull between projects (another one will surely be here soon). I want to spend as much time as humanly possible getting my World Eaters ready. I want these guys to be ready for hopefully July-August, so I can get them into 8th edition action as soon as possible. I want to be ale to run a long running campaign with them with both my brother and friends... in fact my brother and I have talked about playing narrative games exclusivley from here on out... all revolving around the World Eaters army... and evolving into a monstrous Chaos army of apocalypse size. But I gotta finish the World Eaters portion of that army first.

Secondly I'm burned out on 7th edition. I didn't mention it in the battle-report... but the game took 6 hours!!! My opponents play really slow (and I'm slow too) and I just dont want to spend that kind of time on a 5 turn game! I had a great time with Mike and I'm happy to say goodbye to 7th edition after a fun time with him.

Anyway I'll have tons of updates here on the forum in the meantime. So while the bat-reps will be lacking, its gonna be WORLD EATERS! and a little Imperial Guard (!) in the meantime. So I hope you enjoy. Anyway thanks Dread and I cant wait to get that first 8th edition bat-rep in!

@Looshkin Thanks Loosh. It was a fun game and I'm glad you enjoyed the updates. Also yes! I'm gonna tell Mike don't ever put that Knight near my Fire Dragons again! I may have to go back in the thread and make a compilation of all the times my Dragons nuked his Knight. Its sad, but funny at the same time! Also thanks for the compliments on the Jetbikes. I'm sooooo glad I went back and touched these guys up. I gotta bunch of other dudes I'm gonna go and touch up again... but it'll have to wait for the World Eaters. Anyway thanks Loosh can't wait to show my Storm Eagle progress with you. Perhaps I will tomorrow! Thanks bud.

@Everyone- Hey guys I just finished recording the latest episode of Splintermind with the guys... and it was definitely a good one. This episode uses a lot of salty language... so beware of that. Its also highly opinionated, so be on guard for that. Its our "R" rated podcast... which probably wont be done again as we like to run a family friendly show! However.... there is a very special announcement at the end of the episode. The day before 8th edition hits we will be recording a very special episode! I'll let you know once the newest episode drops what the show will be about, but I hope you listen. If you love Eldar you must tune in to this episode! Its a big deal for our podcast and I hope you check it out, if you have the time and inclination! Alright I'll say no more but stay tuned... cause I'll update you guys as soon the latest episode drops. Stay tuned!!!

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #1277 on: May 30, 2017, 09:54:20 AM »
What a battle! Shame the knight got popped so easily again, but with that and Celestine knocking around you'd have been in heaps of trouble :S

Thos jetbikes are looking fantastic too :) i'm particularly liking the Harlie-esque sarge guy. The bright white facemask and the extra colours on the plume look really really nice :)

Is he a new guy or someone i've been unfairly glossing over til now?

Looking forward to the special splintermind podcast :) i'll check this one out later ;)
Check out my Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders :)

Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders!

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1278 on: May 30, 2017, 01:44:18 PM »
@Ynneadwraith- Hey thanks bud. I know I had to take out that Knight, with both of those monsters on my flanks it was no good. I've also learned that fast assault units are the Eldar bane... so one of them had to go. I got lucky with taking out the knight so easily. Thanks about the Harlie biker too. He's pretty old, but I don't think I've featured him too much in photos so it would have been easy to miss him. Glad you like him though! Some people thought it didn't fit, but I like his presence, glad you do too. Thanks bud!

@Everyone- Well guys I'm deep into the process of painting up the Storm Eagle and I'm very happy with how its coming out. It actually paints up really easy... and its been a joy thus far. 2nd stage highlights and details are up next then its a wrap! Not too much more to do... can't wait. World Eaters here we come!!!!!!!

Natural Lighting

Painting Style/Size Comparison

Tabletop Action

So I need to pick out some of the details like the lights, nozzels, engines etc. Weather and chip it up... but also do some freehand vehicle markings which I'm really looking forward to. That should take a couple of days and then it'll be done. Can't wait! Anyways guys stay tuned more updates soon!

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #1279 on: May 30, 2017, 07:50:57 PM »
Niiiiice!
How do you do the streaking affect on the red? Tutorial please!!
The tag team of modeling/painting between you and your brother is paying off, Cavalier. This piece is coming along nicely. Looking forward to seeing this beast in future batreps. Will dominate the table I think.