News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Welcome all Newcomers!  (Read 177145 times)

Offline Fr@gmatic

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
  • Armies: Dark Eldar, Word Bearers, Grey Knights
Re: Welcome all Newcomers!
« Reply #3180 on: June 14, 2011, 03:24:09 AM »
Hi all,

I've decided to register after months of lurking around, so I thought I'd pop in for a quick introduction. I am a Dark Eldar player from way back and a long time 40k (and Dark Heresy, and Inquisitor...) fan. I quit when I went to university during 3rd edition times but nowadays, I'm getting back into the game. It seems there's no escaping the hobby for good :)

Well, that's mostly it. See you guys on the forum boards!

Offline athlonian 1st and 3rd

• Dyslexics of the world untie!!!
« Reply #3181 on: June 24, 2011, 06:31:29 AM »
hi all im jim "orkhunter" from rochester england my armys are imperial guard and tau been playing freindlys for about 5 years hoping that one day i might be able to win  ;D see u all on the posting board

jim
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 11:29:45 AM by athlonian 1st and 3rd »

Offline Killing Time

• Infinity Circuit | I put out on the first date | Tarrin's Sullied Cunning Stunt Double
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Brevior saltare cum deformibus mulieribus est vita
« Reply #3182 on: June 24, 2011, 06:35:43 AM »
Welcome to minecraft1, Fr@gmatic and athlonian 1st and 3rd.

Enjoy the forum. :)

(and don't forget to read the stickies....)

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
  • Armies: Deffskullz
« Reply #3183 on: June 24, 2011, 10:13:41 AM »
Welcome to the forums guys :)

Offline ECB

• Newest
  • 40K n00b
« Reply #3184 on: July 4, 2011, 04:15:24 AM »
Hi everyone, first post here  :)

I'm new to 40K, I've collected the Games Workshop Lord of the Rings strategy battle game for ages (since the films really) and had a few Warhammer 40K and Warhammer Fantasy models simply because I liked the look of them, but my friend convinced me to take the plunge so I bought the Assault on Black Reach and have decided to start a Space Marine army. Only played a couple of skirmishes so far but I've enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to playing bigger and better games. See you in the forums!

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
« Reply #3185 on: July 4, 2011, 08:50:01 AM »
Welcome to the forums. I actually started 40k in a similar way, so I think I'll enjoy your presense here on 40konline.

Offline olekkkkk

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3186 on: July 25, 2011, 05:13:40 AM »
just want say hello

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3187 on: July 27, 2011, 09:41:43 AM »
Well as wants go that's not a bad thing to want. Hello to you as well. Do you play 4oK, Warhammer or Lord of the Rings?
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline MrGarlick

• Autarchs are cool no matter what you say!
« Reply #3188 on: August 17, 2011, 10:34:08 AM »
Hi

I'm a Uk gamer of ten years. Chances are I might have played some of you at certain tournaments (cardiff carnage, Bristol Vanguard vanquish etc) and whilst I was predominantly a fantasy player I have always enjoyed both systems and now prefer 40k greatly, although I still build, buy and paint any model from any system that enters my 180 degree charge arc Muwaha.

Cheers, Matt
I was once asked whether I considered voting for the Conservatives... I said yes I had. When I got stuck in a remote area of Wales due to heavy snow, I logically assumed hell had in fact frozen over and I had to eat my earlier comments on the subject and temporarily considered voting for them. Thankfully the snow abated I escaped that dark dream.

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
« Reply #3189 on: August 17, 2011, 10:41:29 AM »
Hey welcome to 40konline. It's great to have experienced gamers on here. So I can steal their stratagies and crush them with them! So I can learn from them and become a better hobbyist/gamer.

Again, welcome! Im sure you will enjoy it here.

Offline MrGarlick

• Autarchs are cool no matter what you say!
« Reply #3190 on: August 18, 2011, 06:17:04 AM »
Well I can promise that I have an archieve of amazing tactica but I do enjoy my painting and converting ^^
I was once asked whether I considered voting for the Conservatives... I said yes I had. When I got stuck in a remote area of Wales due to heavy snow, I logically assumed hell had in fact frozen over and I had to eat my earlier comments on the subject and temporarily considered voting for them. Thankfully the snow abated I escaped that dark dream.

Offline Killing Time

• Infinity Circuit | I put out on the first date | Tarrin's Sullied Cunning Stunt Double
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Brevior saltare cum deformibus mulieribus est vita
« Reply #3191 on: August 18, 2011, 07:43:49 AM »
Hi Matt.
Good to see you on the forum. :)

Kar Pheron

Offline GreatEscape_13

• Newest
« Reply #3192 on: August 23, 2011, 09:52:06 AM »
Hello. I'm a long-time Imperial Guard player who is now starting up an Eldar army, and I've found that I've wanted to seek some forum advice, and I've been reading thru some of the posts here. Figured I would register so I can contribute.

Cheers.

Offline Vashar

• <3!
« Reply #3193 on: September 8, 2011, 07:52:12 PM »
Long time lurker. Big fan of scratchbuilds and converting. Seeing Dark Pariah's work actually made me want to be part of the community.
Men do not shape destiny, destiny produces the man for the hour.

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #3194 on: September 8, 2011, 08:17:21 PM »
That's the spirit. Always good to see people appreciating the hard work that goes into things. Welcome to the forum.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Acid

• KABOOM BABY!
« Reply #3195 on: September 12, 2011, 04:55:44 PM »
Salutations…

I’ve been lurking in the shadows of 40K Online for some time… watching, listening, waiting… and have finally decided to emerge, ready to cast my own thoughts, opinions and feedback before you all!

But a little about me… I’d taken a long break from Warhammer 40,000, from some time during 3rd edition. Then a couple of years ago I found myself being lured into the vortex of wargaming and cool little plastic toys yet again when a group of friends started painting/playing. I’d been a staunch Dark Eldar player since their original release and so after a brief recon into my folk’s loft had an army ready to go. But time hadn’t been too kind to the Dark Eldar… and Dark Lance spam just couldn’t cut it against some of the armies my friends threw against me. Fortunately the delicious new Dark Eldar Codex was just around the corner opening up leagues up dark possibilities for my Dark Kin!

I play as often as possible and my friends and I are soon starting a new 40K ‘club’ locally. We’re also intending to enter a large tournament at the beginning of 2012. I’ve dabbled with vanilla Space Marines and Chaos, but the look and play-style of the Dark Eldar is where my dark heart is really.

I love experimenting with different lists, checking out tactics online and reading about people’s thoughts on what’s hot and what’s not. From here, you’ll most likely find me on the Dark Eldar threads, somewhere between the dark corners of 40k online and the edges of the Webway…

Looking forward to meeting you all!

- Acid

Offline Gibious

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3196 on: September 15, 2011, 11:28:37 AM »
After the Grey Knight codex release and watching my current army become one I no longer enjoy playing. I have fallen to Chaos. Mostly daemons.

See you around =)

Offline Vashar

• <3!
« Reply #3197 on: September 15, 2011, 07:22:51 PM »
Welcome. Glad to have you. I'm new myself.  It's that you both play "bad guys" too.    8)
Men do not shape destiny, destiny produces the man for the hour.

Offline Fedain

• bored of mon'keighs
« Reply #3198 on: April 25, 2012, 05:25:47 AM »
Hi, I've been lurking the forums for about a year, so I guess I can now at least introduce myself.

I got into w40k by Dawn of War games, lured mostly by its background - or maybe just the bits of hard sci-fi in it. I play only occasionally as an addition to reading. Being an Eldar "fan" doesn't make that reading hobby easier as there are not that many books in the topic. I'm currently constructing an Craftworld-Corsair army from CE and DE models, yet it takes ages.
And now I'm posting in such topics to maybe get involved in POC some day.

Offline Nomsheep, the Modhunter.

• Sanity is for the weak,
  • Armies: Dark eldar and sons of malice.
« Reply #3199 on: April 25, 2012, 09:29:36 PM »
Hey, and welcome to the forum :D

You should check out the tavern games. We have cookies. :)

Nom
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 09:31:28 PM by Nomsheep, the Modhunter. »
Someday someone will say something about me witty or memorable enough to put here til then enjoy this;
Rule 66: the cake is a lie

Working tirelessly to revive BattleFleet Fury

WE need YOU