News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1850 Blood Angels Army: which unit should I choose?  (Read 3027 times)

Offline Abarb

• I can't Stop thinking about Warhammer 40k!
Re: 1850 Blood Angels Army: which unit should I choose?
« Reply #20 on: April 3, 2011, 12:09:12 AM »
Hey you have four elites and you can only have three. The Sanguinary Guard is a elite unit not a troop.

Offline Rayvn70

• Bad Moon Spanna Nob
  • too much fun is bad? Pish Posh
  • Armies: Blood Angels,  Orks, Eldar,
« Reply #21 on: April 3, 2011, 03:31:38 AM »
if Dante is in the army Sanguinary Guard become troops

seeing how you running Dante I'd drop the libby and termies and add a chaplain and more priests, toss in a few infernus pistols, give the chappy and a priest a jump pack and add them to Dante's group, put another priest with an assault squad if you have the points get vanguard and put them in the storm raven with the heroic intervention and a priest nearby they get the benefits of feel no pain and furious charge as it's a 6" bubble.

A DoA army I used that worked well for me looked like this

HQ
Dante                                                                                                                                                         225

ELITES
Chaplain with Jump Pack                                                                                                                              125
x2 Sanguinary Priests with Jump Packs                                                                                                          75 (150)
Furioso Dreadnought with Magna Grapple, Heavy Flamer and Blood Talons                                                       150

TROOPS
Sanguinary Guard with Chapter Banner                                                                                                          230
10 man Assault Squad with sergeant with Power Weapon and Infernus Pistol and Marine with Infernus Pistol        235
10 man Assault Squad with sergeant with Power Weapon and Infernus Pistol and Marine with Infernus Pistol        235

FAST ATTACK
6 Vanguard Veterans with Power Weapons, 2 with  Inferfus Pistols sergeant with Glaive Encarmine                      300

HEAVY SUPPORT
Storm Raven with Twin Linked Assault Cannon and Twin Linked Multi Melta                                                         200

It's a pretty tough list and very unforgiving if the deepstrike gods are disliking you, but it hits hard and hits very fast your looking at close combat in turn 2 and with all the power weapons it makes a mess of everything
« Last Edit: April 3, 2011, 04:13:31 AM by Rayvn70 »

3 Things matter in marksmanship.... Location location location

My favorite part of Star Wars is when Darth Vader flips out and chokes a coworker at a staff meeting

Offline Abarb

• I can't Stop thinking about Warhammer 40k!
« Reply #22 on: April 3, 2011, 08:36:50 AM »
cool i never knew that about the sg, but what page is that on?

Offline Rayvn70

• Bad Moon Spanna Nob
  • too much fun is bad? Pish Posh
  • Armies: Blood Angels,  Orks, Eldar,
« Reply #23 on: April 3, 2011, 10:18:35 AM »
Page 82 in the Dante's entry the rule is called Master of the Host

3 Things matter in marksmanship.... Location location location

My favorite part of Star Wars is when Darth Vader flips out and chokes a coworker at a staff meeting