News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Can you Escape?  (Read 48923 times)

Offline argos5

• Stuff
Re: Can you Escape?
« Reply #260 on: April 9, 2009, 12:48:50 AM »
From what I can understand of this sequence, its not too different from Bioshock. You need to use these disks like waypoints from one to another. Based on how they slide, it is only one disk per line, which is enough to cover each intersection. These disks channel the regulator's power from one end to another. Problem is, I don't know how to represent me doing this without creating an elaborate post.

I'm going to hit the Initiate button just to see where it starts.

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
  • Without Conflict, there is no life.
« Reply #261 on: April 9, 2009, 12:53:03 AM »
The rod/disk moves freely with little clicking noises about its slot and can make turns at any other the intersections.
NOTE: obviously the outer most rectangle (black line) is not a slot but the edge of the "slot sliding" area.

Pressing the "Initiate" button, there is a breif hum.
*deet* (a electronic noise from the mecanisim)

The Subaquatic Regulator is currently unmoved from the default position

Caladonia and Gallosias Peace conference date pushed back     Tunuarian Cleanup operation underway, Unemployment in Albibis down additional 10%     CNSE -5  GSN -2     New Research into Industrial power for both empires.

Offline Saracenar

• Skarboy Nob
  • "Ugh..."
  • Armies: Malifaux :P
« Reply #262 on: April 9, 2009, 01:44:34 AM »
After a read of all this, I think may participate.

Okay, so, examining the control panel style thingy, I slide the bottom most disc upward, to the first intersection, then up, to the next intersection, and press Initiate (fingers crossed I don't get killed in my first post).

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
« Reply #263 on: April 9, 2009, 02:00:37 AM »
After moving the disk and pressing "Initiate" there is a low humming for about 10 seconds.
it then stops

The Subaquatic Regulator is now in the position as indicated in the above post.

Caladonia and Gallosias Peace conference date pushed back     Tunuarian Cleanup operation underway, Unemployment in Albibis down additional 10%     CNSE -5  GSN -2     New Research into Industrial power for both empires.

Offline Saracenar

• Skarboy Nob
  • "Ugh..."
« Reply #264 on: April 9, 2009, 07:08:10 AM »
Just to be crazy I shall now hit "Reset" and see if it has any major impact (I doubt it will though, lol).

Offline blinky jungle(REM)

• Parachuting oranges to soldiers? Whats Next?
« Reply #265 on: April 9, 2009, 08:53:01 AM »
Well if nothing happens do what he said before that and turn around to see if anything happens
House M.D is amazing(Watch it)
REM is amazing(Listen to it)
Subliminal messaging is amazing(Read it)

Offline Saracenar

• Skarboy Nob
  • "Ugh..."
« Reply #266 on: April 9, 2009, 08:54:27 AM »
Haha, of course, I haven't turned around to look, have I? Curse my sleepy brain!

Okay before I press reset I want to see if there is any change in the water. If not, go for it. ;D

Offline blinky jungle(REM)

• Parachuting oranges to soldiers? Whats Next?
« Reply #267 on: April 9, 2009, 09:00:10 AM »
GRRR! you've made my post obsolete. I think I've got it you stand in the rectangle after you've moved the disc things about. something will rise up from the water it will move you across to the next and so on until you reach the other side. No you have to shut down the heating systemthen wade across to the other side.

I'm going to start from the bottom up and move them onto the intersections
1:slide right onto the first intersection
2:Same as 1
3:slide up to first intersection
4:left to first intersection
5:Down to second intersection
6:left to first intersection then go down to the next
7&8:slide downish to first intersection
9:slide across to the right

Press initiate, and turn around then, inspect the water. If its cooled down wade across, if not don't do anything.

Note to self:try not to get electrocuted javascript:void(0);
« Last Edit: April 9, 2009, 09:18:24 AM by blinky jungle »
House M.D is amazing(Watch it)
REM is amazing(Listen to it)
Subliminal messaging is amazing(Read it)

Offline Firelord.

• As one power rises another will fall!
« Reply #268 on: April 9, 2009, 12:26:11 PM »
I think i'm going to give up.

I'm not interested enough to consentrate and mostly just make everyone confused.

So i will now move all the slider thingies on the panel so they are as far down as possible, then i will press initiate.

Check the outcome and if nothing happens.

Press ESC and then quit game.
Da orkz ar goin to win, cos jov ar gonna loos!

Offline argos5

• Stuff
« Reply #269 on: April 9, 2009, 01:56:34 PM »
I think i'm going to give up.

I'm not interested enough to consentrate and mostly just make everyone confused.

So i will now move all the slider thingies on the panel so they are as far down as possible, then i will press initiate.

Check the outcome and if nothing happens.

Press ESC and then quit game.

This puzzle is already hard enough to represent our actions on. Shoving all the disks down then quitting is a bit of BS. Basically you're just quitting.

Grimfang. This puzzle any ideas how we can represent our actions on this panel easier? I'm starting to think it will be difficult to interpret what eachother is doing on this contraption eventually.

Offline Plague Tower of Nurgle

• Ork Boy
  • My troops are protected by "Nurgley Goodness"
    • Northeast Gamers Hub
« Reply #270 on: April 9, 2009, 02:09:13 PM »
why not take the picture of the panel, save it on your compy, edit it in paint (draw little arrows to where you want to move stuff) and then once you have it on your hosting site say "i make the panel look like this:" and post ur pic.
legion of sickness
lord of misery
after my death I rise in immortality
unleashing the horror my words are infected
feast on my rot
I am resurrected

resurrection of the rotten
resurrection of the dead

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
« Reply #271 on: April 9, 2009, 06:28:23 PM »
Alas this is my least favorite (and least thought out) solution.
I have therefore made The SUBAQUATIC REGULATOR VERSION 2.

Now all u have to do is list the intersection points you want the disks at. No editing required.
Example list ( as shown in pic)
B2
H2
C5
H6
B7
E7
D9
F10
H10
B11
I12

I hope this is easier for everyone and I hope players will communicate better

Addressing all previous actions
After moving the disks and pressing "Initiate" there is humming heard, this time for about 90 seconds.
Turning to observe the water you see nothing different, except for during the humming the water seems to ebb a little, and the bubbling intensifies.
Seeing nothing change you turn and hit "Reset"
90 seconds of humming and bubble intensifying
*deet* (a electronic noise from the mecanisim)

Hint: Things past have been overlooked

Offline Saracenar

• Skarboy Nob
  • "Ugh..."
« Reply #272 on: April 9, 2009, 07:05:12 PM »
I think I may be stealing and idea from before, but I will now move the disks again.

I will move one to be at E12. One to be at C11 and one at G11. One to be at I10 and one at A10. Now I shall move one to E10, E8, E6, E4, E2, and E1, then hit initiate.

Oh, and then I will turn around to observe the water, and if nothing has changed, I will approach it and test the heat by holding my hand out over it (but not too close it, retracting quickly if it is still the same temperature, or hotter). If nothing changes then I will hit reset and try something else later.

If something does change, for example the water is drained or cools off (to a withstandable temperature, I will wade/swim through (I know how to swim, right?) to the other side and observe the little panel I cannot make out from over the other side.
« Last Edit: April 9, 2009, 07:08:32 PM by Saracenar »

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
« Reply #273 on: April 9, 2009, 07:56:27 PM »
-Moves disks

-Hits initiate; humming for 100 seconds. (bubbles intesify and calm when humming stops)

-No visual change or change in water temp. (oooh thats hot :-[)

- Hits reset; humming for 100 seconds. (bubbles intesify and calm when humming stops)
*deet*

Yes you know how to swim/wade.

Offline Rudkin

• Fio'ui Kais
  • Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #274 on: April 10, 2009, 03:09:52 AM »

You turn around to face the doors behind you,
this is what you see.

I'm going to take a short break from the control panel and take a closer look at the doors I came through. In particular, I want to examine that thicker line on the left (closest to the control panel). I had initially thought that it was just representing some depth (i.e. that the doors were sunk into the wall), but I'm not so sure anymore.

Also, I would advise people to stop messing with the control panel for a bit; the humming is lasting longer and longer each time, and I don't really think that that is a good thing.

Finally, Grimfang, when we finally solve the control panel, you'll have to show us the solution to Version 1!

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
« Reply #275 on: April 10, 2009, 03:35:30 AM »
The line is there to show depth, but good observation Rudkin.
Of course Ill show you version 1's solution (its very simular to this versions solution)

Make sure to read previous GM posts, as they may hold important information.

Offline argos5

• Stuff
« Reply #276 on: April 10, 2009, 03:00:09 PM »
"Damn you, Subaquatic Regulator!"

I slide  the 11 pieces into this formation.

B2  E2  H2
B6  H6
B11  E11  H11

F4  F8  D6

Then Initiate.

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
« Reply #277 on: April 10, 2009, 03:17:29 PM »
Trying to make a "C" are we?

-Moves disks

-Hits initiate; humming for 90 seconds. (bubbles intesify and calm when humming stops)

-No visual change or change in water temp.

(Likely your next action)
- Hits reset; humming for 90 seconds. (bubbles intesify and calm when humming stops)
*deet*

All information needed to escape including an overlooked clue has been provided.
If your absolutely desperate for a hint PM me (but beware, I wont let you "hint" your way out)

Offline Rudkin

• Fio'ui Kais
  • Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #278 on: April 10, 2009, 07:22:41 PM »
Hm... alright, let's see what we know:

We clearly need to get to the other side of this pool (since the doors we came through "closed with a whisper" and are not likely to take us anywhere but back to the gas chamber).

There is a pool of very hot light-blue liquid (most likely water, but it could be something much nastier). There are two pipes that feed the pool. There is also one of our shoes in the pool.

There is a spot with grooved likely formed from a heavy object. In a previous room we found a weight (equal to twice our body weight) that mentioned TWO glass floors. We already dealt with one glass floor, but have not seen a second one.

There is a mysterious panel with rods that move with a clicking noise. It makes the water bubble and froth whenever initiated or reset (for either 90 or 100 seconds), and also makes a "deet" noise afterwards.
EDIT: The duration of the "ebb" and bubbling may be related to how many and/or how far the discs are moved....

There is a caution sign warning us of dangerous temperatures (presumably warning about the liquid).

Anything else I missed, players?

~~~~~~~~~

With all that in mind, I'm going to examine that groove in the floor some more. How deep is it? Is it about the same size as the weight from the earlier room? What is directly above it on the ceiling (I shall stand in the square and look straight up)?

« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 07:33:03 PM by Rudkin »

Offline argos5

• Stuff
« Reply #279 on: April 10, 2009, 11:12:25 PM »
Rudkin, we're underneath Stage 3. If Grimfang is strict about spatial consistency  ;)