News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Can you Escape?  (Read 48903 times)

Offline JackofBlades

• Mwuhahahahaha
Re: Can you Escape?
« Reply #120 on: March 27, 2009, 10:16:03 AM »
Yes I meant throw, how fast does the floor rotate if you stand on one half.

Offline Starrakatt

• Infinity Circuit
  • Bitter Vet
« Reply #121 on: March 27, 2009, 10:16:37 AM »
Is there place to stand between the spikes on the bottom floor or are the pointy bits too tightly packed for it to be possible?

Starky

Join the POC: Craftworld Iyanden - The Ghost Warriors

Quote from: Farceseer Siranaul
Yes you are being dense.

Offline argos5

• Stuff
« Reply #122 on: March 27, 2009, 01:34:17 PM »
Teeter totter... hehehe.

So I set the floor to unlock. Since this is a massive glass, it should be able to teeter-totter effectively with my weight.

I run to one side so that the glass will start to tilt, then back over across the beam to the other end of the glass. Each shift back and forth across the glass to increment enough balance so that on a swing upward on the right-side, I'm able to ride the edge and get to the door. Now, given the amount of weight to compensate for that upward lift, it should give me enough time to twist the knob, open that door, and walk through before it starts to sail back down.

ADD: Given the height of the door, and I presume the thickness of the glass floor, I would be shifting back and forth across this floor  a few times.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 01:36:09 PM by argos5 »

Offline azore24

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #123 on: March 27, 2009, 02:35:36 PM »
I get on the door-side of the axle and let it fall down to the last possible micrometer before it would hit the spikes.  I then throw it into "lock" and dash towards the door side, now going up.  I jump up just before it stops rising and grab the ledge of the door, pull myself up and turn the knob.

Azore of Ath-Ron
Unsophisticated players might think that the Letter of the rules is more important than the Spirit - but the Letter isn't liable to sneak up behind you with an axe if you abuse it.
"Esprit de Core," 2005

Offline 42

• Cry havoc and let lose the dogs of war
« Reply #124 on: March 27, 2009, 05:05:39 PM »
ditto
How the Chimney-sweepers cry 
       Every blackning Church appalls,
       And the hapless Soldiers sigh
        Runs in blood down Palace walls

Offline argos5

• Stuff
« Reply #125 on: March 27, 2009, 05:54:05 PM »
I get on the door-side of the axle and let it fall down to the last possible micrometer before it would hit the spikes.  I then throw it into "lock" and dash towards the door side, now going up.  I jump up just before it stops rising and grab the ledge of the door, pull myself up and turn the knob.

Azore of Ath-Ron

This does beg the question... what is the distance between the control panel and the edge of the glass floor?

And to 42. Ditto to who?

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
  • Without Conflict, there is no life.
« Reply #126 on: March 27, 2009, 08:22:23 PM »
After swinging and locking the platform, jumping and running, trying again and again, you realize that the platform simply will not stay in place long enough for you to reach the door, every time you step towards the door the platform tilts back precariously. To try to tilt it any further is risking the fall to the spiked pit below.
You simply can't keep it at the angle you want to reach the door.

In case its not clear: Your need some way of keeping the platform at a tilt to reach the door.
These are all very smart Ideas but not the solution, keep trying, you guys have done really well so far.

Caladonia and Gallosias Peace conference date pushed back     Tunuarian Cleanup operation underway, Unemployment in Albibis down additional 10%     CNSE -5  GSN -2     New Research into Industrial power for both empires.

Offline argos5

• Stuff
« Reply #127 on: March 28, 2009, 12:05:53 AM »
I'm going to turn it to Lock and walk around the glass floor to see anything happen compared to Unlock. Afterwards, I'm going to play around with Unlock and Locking it repeatedly to see if there's an "overload" effect.

Offline 42

• Cry havoc and let lose the dogs of war
« Reply #128 on: March 28, 2009, 01:16:53 AM »
doesnt matter but was to azore I examine the doors
How the Chimney-sweepers cry 
       Every blackning Church appalls,
       And the hapless Soldiers sigh
        Runs in blood down Palace walls

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
« Reply #129 on: March 28, 2009, 05:06:03 AM »
The only "overload effect" woul be the switch breaking off, leaving the platform stuck in unlock or lock, either way ending in being forever trapped/impaled on a bed of spikes.

The doors are unbreakable steel, and reveal nothing of importance.

In reality your guys's ideas would work, but each room only has a very limited solution, and this is not reality....

Trivia: I (the GM) was inspired to create this game by a number of films; Indiana Jones, The Goonies, The SAW series, and by Steam productions video games including; Half-Life, and Portal (the test facility in which this game is played is inspired by Appeture Science)

Caladonia and Gallosias Peace conference date pushed back     Tunuarian Cleanup operation underway, Unemployment in Albibis down additional 10%     CNSE -5  GSN -2     New Research into Industrial power for both empires.

Offline premetheus

• I don't do grammer!
  • Armies: Everything, well not Orks
« Reply #130 on: March 28, 2009, 05:47:18 AM »
Is there anything that could be used as a counter weight?

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
« Reply #131 on: March 28, 2009, 06:46:29 AM »
 ;D now your getting it.

Offline Firelord.

• As one power rises another will fall!
« Reply #132 on: March 28, 2009, 07:09:24 AM »
How many people are in this room at the same time?

Can you use the other people as counter balance?

Is it any other conviniently placed objects?

Will the last person (if the people counterweight plan works) be able to grab the first persons arms if they help eachother to get into the door, (the first guy would be lying on the floor in the door, trying too help the counterweight as he tries to grab the arms)
Da orkz ar goin to win, cos jov ar gonna loos!

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
« Reply #133 on: March 28, 2009, 07:30:20 AM »
Just 1 (you) so unfortunately the plans you've made wouldn't work

I dont want to sound rude, but you need to read the previous pages, itll save you a lot of time and help you solve the room.

Offline Firelord.

« Reply #134 on: March 28, 2009, 08:13:59 AM »
Ok check.

Do i still have the key and coin (as i did a bit of teleport striking)

Can i have a pair of underwear? (Just for not beeing nude, i want too test something)

Ok, i try too take off my nice prisonsuit and check its durability.

Offline Starrakatt

• Infinity Circuit
  • Bitter Vet
« Reply #135 on: March 28, 2009, 08:17:36 AM »
@Ninja Firelord: Hi dude, and welcome to the Tavern! ;) So, you mean to try this?

Assuming the Lock/Unlock lever is sturdy enough to support an adult's weight, I tie the end of one of my pants leg (yeah, bare butt) at the lever and grip the other end firmly (like if abseiling), get the nearest I can to the door's wall then swing the rope (pants) to 'Unlock'.

The idea is to stay hung to the lever (vertical floor) then give a good swing to get the lever back on 'Lock' and use the floor as sling to get at the door.

Does it work or I die horribly? :o

Starky

Join the POC: Craftworld Iyanden - The Ghost Warriors

Quote from: Farceseer Siranaul
Yes you are being dense.

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
« Reply #136 on: March 28, 2009, 08:30:51 AM »
Key and coin required use to get to Stage III

No undies (fresh out tighty-whiteys)

Your jumpsuit is untearable.

The lever will not hold your weight. Hitting lock drops the platform into pit-floor parallel. The platform is glass making it near impossible to climb. Even if the platform were vertical you'd be sitting atop it and still be no closer to the door.
Realizing this you decide against your brilliant but fatal plan.

Ive given you what you need to escape already, you just havent found it yet.

Offline Firelord.

« Reply #137 on: March 28, 2009, 08:37:17 AM »
Well, i could try, as long as you don't mind me cheating the first 2 rooms.

Anyway, if i may play i try this.

I take an obnoxthious (however it is spelled) advantage and get a pair of underwair.

I then take my nice prison suit and spin it a bit (so it is tightened up, getting more strength)

Then i check if i can get my "rope" unto the doorknob.
If i can't get it stuck i try too make a v out of the suit holding each end and trying too catch the nob that way.
(You might not understand that one, but if i cant get it stuck by just tossing it the second way will surely work, BUT! i will only have my own height + half my suits length, so the second will only fail if its too short too reach the doorknob)

If my plan works i will open the door (attempt too anyway) and go trough and take my suit on.

Otherwise i will dance, swinging my suit in a zexxy way and rave all night long.
(I'm going away so i might have chosen a bad time too start. I will be back after weekend though)

(Underwear give me no advantage, except the soft reassurance of not beeing completely naked)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 08:40:03 AM by Firelord. »

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
« Reply #138 on: March 28, 2009, 08:46:22 AM »
As stated before the bottom of the door is up the wall at least twice as tall as you.

The nice thing about this game is that you can come back and catch up, without being out of the loop.

Rave-dance away....

Offline premetheus

• I don't do grammer!
  • Armies: Everything, well not Orks
« Reply #139 on: March 28, 2009, 09:27:40 AM »
can the glass floor rotate a full 180 degrees without hitting the spikes?

Also does no one else wonder why their are spikes on the roof.