News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1000 pts hybrid list  (Read 1468 times)

Offline Brother Arkos

• Grand Master of the Ravenwing
  • Armies: Dark Angels
1000 pts hybrid list
« on: February 20, 2012, 02:58:13 PM »
Hey guys, I'm sure you're tired of seeing my army list posts (don't worry, I only post about 1 out of every 5 renditions I do), but I'm pretty happy with this list and I think it solves a lot of the transportation issue I had in my list that you can see in my previous post.  Promise, this is my last one for a while. 

Anyway, I think Coteaz is great to incorporate into any list, as he brings a lot to the table for his good point cost.  The land raider is important to the list as before (LoS blocking, aura expansion, stunning multiple transports, fire magnet, etc).  I incorporated a small henchmen squad that will allow me to deepstrike my paladins with zero scatter.  Coteaz will stick with henchmen or swap on over to the paladins if needed for reserve forces.  The GKSS warp quake in the raider until they're ready to get out then run and gun.  The henchmen also provide some nice ap2, can easily switch to two meltaguns if facing more mech than I expect at 1000 pts.

HQ
Coteaz - codex cost

Elite
5 Paladins, 2 psycannons, 2 swords, 2 halberds, 1 hammer - 315 pts

Troops
10 GKSS, 2 psycannons, 1 hammer - 230 pts

7 Henchmen - 2 henchmen with plasmaguns, 4 henchmen with bolters, 1 mystic, rhino transport - 98 pts

Heavy Support
Land Raider - Codex cost

total 998 pts (fixed due to math error)
« Last Edit: March 2, 2012, 07:45:06 PM by Roma89 »

Offline Major Arah

• Major
  • Don't think that arrows are outdated
Re: 1000 pts hybrid list
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 08:58:34 PM »
It looks like a neat little list. Maybe a tad cheesy in my opinion but it should perform well. I don't like the low model count but between the land raider and paladins I am sure you should be able to survive most things.
Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet. - Dave Barry

Offline Brother Arkos

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 11:13:01 AM »
Cheesy!?  Well looks like I'm back to the drawing board, I don't like the smell of that kind of cheese.

Offline Prophecy

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 07:35:26 PM »
See I completely disagree instead of cheese one should say balanced until the raider. That's the only waste I see in the whole list. I would personally drop it for some purifiers in a rhino. I think the list is very fair.

Offline Brother Arkos

« Reply #4 on: March 2, 2012, 08:26:58 AM »
Well thanks Prophecy.

If I feel the raider is really not working at 1000 pts, I was either thinking of adding a small purifier squad with a rhino or a larger interceptor squad, though not quite 10 men strong.  I can't decide.

Offline Prophecy

« Reply #5 on: March 2, 2012, 11:48:06 PM »
I would try the Interceptors I think they could give you a speed edge.

Offline Brother Arkos

« Reply #6 on: March 9, 2012, 12:24:20 PM »
Do you think it would help or hurt the list if I change up the henchmen squad to the following:

2 acolytes with bolters (they keep an eye on those rogue psykers!), 1 mystic, 4 psykers, rhino - 100 pts

This way I get a str 6, ap 3 pie plate that threatens anything up to MEQ level.  Alternatively I could add a 5th psyker instead of the acolytes for TEQ (not to mention it won't remain at str 7 long due to no ablative wounds) but I feel it wont be needed as much.  Thoughts?
« Last Edit: March 9, 2012, 12:29:19 PM by Roma89 »