News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Grey Knights?  (Read 802 times)

Offline spiny echidna

• "It might be the beer talking, but I love beer."
Grey Knights?
« on: January 8, 2012, 12:34:05 AM »
I know this is the wrong area for this...
BUT I play Blood Angles and y'all are who I talk too...  SO,
I have been thinking about starting a second army, something small (1000p) to start. with a low model count.
I love 'lite armies so GK it is. 

What is eccential in a GK list?  As a space marine player what do you dread facing in a GK list? etc?

(sorry if this gets moved)
Before you criticize someone you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them you are a mile away and you have their shoes.

Offline MortVader83

• There's no reason for it. It's just our policy
  • Armies: Grey Knights 5th Brotherhood, CSM, Nids, DA, SM.
Re: Grey Knights?
« Reply #1 on: January 8, 2012, 01:19:27 AM »
 Well imo a Grandmaster or Librarian is essential to GKs. Terminators, either en masse or just a scoring unit, are realy nice also along with Dreads of any weapon load out. The fact that all our vehicles have The Aegis and Fortitude make them more survivable. Psyfleman Dreads are nasty, cheap, and effective but also somewhat cliche. Paladins won't make you many friends in friendly play, but are very killy if they can make it to the enemies lines.
 What I have found that my SM playing buddies fear the most are assaults. All of tge actual GKs carry force weapons, which makes power armor useless and still messes up regular terminators fast. Add in halberds letting us hack down a few SMs at I6+ it just makes it worse.  Our Vindicare will make a mockery of you LRs, stranding what ever unit you have inside. Ofcourse this has all got to be chosen and played well or it doesn't work. Regardless of what a lot of people say, playing GKs isn't auto win.  I will say this though. Building an effective list at 1k pts is harder than one for +1500.
"Ofcourse it's safe to smoke! I'm just loading Class-A fireworks, nothing dangerous."

Offline Major Arah

• Major
  • Don't think that arrows are outdated
Re: Grey Knights?
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 11:13:40 AM »
Also remember that our termies all have hammer hand and hammer hand can stack with might of titan. This means a termie or dare i say paladin squad with a librarian can in theory strike at I6 with Str 7 very very nasty for other marines.

Termies are cheap and cheerful and will make sure you have a low model count but a survivable core. Dreadknights are something I would recommend. It is a MC with MEQ stats making it amazingly powerful.
Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet. - Dave Barry