News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Your Eldar Army.  (Read 228161 times)

Offline JFC

Re: Your Eldar Army.
« Reply #400 on: December 6, 2015, 02:19:21 PM »
Thankyou for your comments!

That's a topic and question more suited to the Conversion and Modelling board, as this is just a showcase thread.  Please feel free to start a topic there for advice and suggestions on this issue.

Irisando, I appreciate what you said, but in all fairness, you brought the topic up...

Offline Farseer Jair

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #401 on: January 7, 2016, 12:47:17 PM »
This is my progress thus far on my wraithseer

https://www.flickr.com/photos/139179370@N03/shares/94L4hN

Offline murgel

• Armies: CWE, Harlequins, SW, DA, BA, Vanilla SM
« Reply #402 on: January 9, 2016, 07:43:16 AM »
Great and gorgeous looking.
sure you have an opinion,
but my swordplay is better than your´s

Take my advice, I never use it.

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #403 on: January 9, 2016, 07:48:38 AM »
Very nice Farseer Jair. Love the paintjob too. Cheers man! Share more!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline JFC

« Reply #404 on: January 10, 2016, 05:59:20 PM »
Loving the white!

My take on the Crimson Death. (Prefer these models)

Offline murgel

• Armies: CWE, Harlequins, SW, DA, BA, Vanilla SM
« Reply #405 on: January 11, 2016, 05:04:31 AM »
Beautiful! These fighters are really beautiful.
The paint job makes them look quite CWE.
sure you have an opinion,
but my swordplay is better than your´s

Take my advice, I never use it.

Offline JFC

« Reply #406 on: August 26, 2016, 03:23:13 PM »
Hornets...

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #407 on: August 27, 2016, 08:28:19 AM »
Absolutley stunning! Wow... the blending is absolutely insane. So is the freehand... wow! We got a pro here! Congrats on completing such an amazing unit. I love it!

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #408 on: April 3, 2017, 08:05:40 AM »
My first post on my first forum. This is going to be a hoot!

My Eldar army is Saim-Hann and their armour is black with white helmets and red fins. Red may be fast but black is sleek, and nobody is sleeker than Eldar.

Am not quite finished. Just the highlighting, gems and eyes to go. The Aspect Warriors have black undergarments to match the black Guardians, to tie the whole army together. Am not happy with the blue gems on the Fire Dragons, so will be redoing them in red. It won't stand out as much, but will look Micky Mouse on the other units.

Uploaded some terrain that my boys will be skimming around. Hope that's ok.

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #409 on: April 3, 2017, 08:38:14 AM »
Looking great! I'm loving those terrain pieces as well.

Your blue gems are also very impressive. Maybe just add a little more wash to the fire dragon's armour to give a little more depth, but I think the blue gems fit very well, especially with the orange helmet.

All together those are some great paint jobs.

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #410 on: April 3, 2017, 08:44:10 AM »
Hello and welcome to the site Saim-dann.

I have got to say I like what I see at the moment. The Fire Dragon looks brilliant as it is and I also think that the blue gems look good. What is it that you don't like about them?

I could be wrong but there is an old school vibe coming from your colour schemes and also a hint of Power Ranger  ;)

That terrain is awesome. Did you make it yourself? What have you used for the snow and have you placed your terrain on a white bed sheet?
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #411 on: April 3, 2017, 09:06:00 AM »
Hey Saim-Dann, welcome to the forum. So glad to see you on here :)

The units look great, love the color choices and the smooth paint jobs. The terrain looks fantastic too. Great stuff bud. Can't wait to see more. Don't hesitate to fire up a project log where you can share your on going hobby gains.

Great stuff bud and again welcome :)

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #412 on: April 3, 2017, 05:06:03 PM »
Dog of War: Thank you so much for your kind critique, mate. Am revamping my lads and will be posting them as I finish each unit. I agree with you about the need for more wash. My camera skill didn't help there either. Looking forward to learning more with you guys. Cheers mate.

Alienscar: Your reply means a lot, mate. Thanks! I think the blue gems stand out too much. Plus there's a footy team over here branding the blue and red colours and that's all I see when I look at them. Am also thinking of the whole army. I want the gems on all the units to be the same colour and I don't think blue will go with the brown hawks nor the black and red vehicles.
Yes; I build all my own terrain. Bark on packing foam then sealed it all with putty. Yes; that is a sheet you see. The game had four different armies clashing so the table was 8 by 12 feet. The sheet was the only thing big enough to cover it.
Thanks again for your reply. Cheers, pointy ears!

Cavalier: Good to hear from you, mate, and thank you for all your help. It will be returned to you one day, cav. Crikey Moses! This forum improves our computer skills along with our painting/tactics, doesn't it. Thank you also for your critique. Looking forward to more postings and such..... Pointy ears forever!!       

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #413 on: April 4, 2017, 07:51:59 AM »
I think the blue gems would look stellar on the brown hawk, but it's your army, so you have to be happy with them.

I'm looking forward to seeing some more work. As Cav suggested, you may want to look into starting a project thread over on the project board. It's a great way to show your progress.

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #414 on: April 4, 2017, 11:31:07 AM »
I think the blue gems stand out too much. Plus there's a footy team over here branding the blue and red colours and that's all I see when I look at them. Am also thinking of the whole army. I want the gems on all the units to be the same colour and I don't think blue will go with the brown hawks nor the black and red vehicles.     

I agree with dog_of_war blue would definitely compliment the Hawks and it would definitely go with black and red. Don't let a real life footie team spoil the real game.

Yes; I build all my own terrain. Bark on packing foam then sealed it all with putty. Yes; that is a sheet you see. The game had four different armies clashing so the table was 8 by 12 feet. The sheet was the only thing big enough to cover it.       

Bark! Once your computer skills are up to it I would love to see a "how to" about that technique.

Cheers, pointy ears!       

Would you be an expat by any chance?

Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #415 on: April 4, 2017, 06:37:17 PM »
Dog of War: Will put some more thought towards it, mate. I normally leave them till last anyway. Thanks again for your encouragement.

Alienscar: Will definitely put a plan together for a tutorial, Al. That's a great idea. In which post do you suggest a terrain DIY?

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #416 on: April 4, 2017, 07:21:45 PM »
There's a board for Conversions, Modelling, and Terrain, which is where such a tutorial topic would belong.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Tweedz

• Death is only the beginning.
« Reply #417 on: August 6, 2017, 09:01:15 PM »
Picked up a wraithseer a couple of days ago. I decided to throw some color on him last night and bring him to a game today.

I decided to lay out his primary colors differently than my wraithlords, like the one shown, to signify his rank.

I did not realize until after building him that I had mirrored my Avatar's pose. I guess they are going to be bros with their ominous hand gestures.

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
« Reply #418 on: August 7, 2017, 02:51:44 AM »
Wow that wraith seer looks nice, that paint scheme modification really bring out a lot of things in him. It gives him a more etheral look compared to other wraith things. Really well done. The pose is cool as well, you shoul have slapped a big colorfull 80' style stiker on the picture with the avatar saying "best buddies!"
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #419 on: August 7, 2017, 08:19:54 AM »
Wow. Super, super nice Tweedz. I just love the colors. I really like how stark the white and bone are too. Really like how clean the paint job is too. You gotta get down in the Project Logs and share some more stuff with us. I'd love to see it.

Great stuff man. Keep sharing!