News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1k pure eldar list?  (Read 2116 times)

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
1k pure eldar list?
« on: January 18, 2017, 01:55:12 AM »
So, looks like my local is going to kick the year off with a month long 1k ladder comp.

Rule are actually nice and simple and is more of a friendly environment, to get stuff happening.

Everything must be from the same codex, no allies, no forgeworld, no fortification, no LoW, no formations.

Fairly straight forward detachment
HQ 0-2
Troops 2-4 (they all get objective secure)
Elites 0-2
Heavy Support 0-2

All played on a small table 4x4 using Dawn of war deployment with 1 of 3 mission types
Relic
Crusade
Purge the Alien

Besides Win, Loss, Draw, they will also track First blood, warlord objectives and line breaks.

so lets see who can come up with  some fun lists :)

Total 999

HQ - 110 points
Autarch on jetbike, with reaper launcher. Drops in with Scatbikes.

Troops 405 points
2 by 4 man squad of scat bikes
2 by 3 man squad of scatbikes

Heavy 355 points
Vaul's wraith Support Battery
3 x D-cannons with a warlock.
WraithLord, Flames Ghostglaive and 2 scatlasers.

Elites - 129points
6 x Striking scorpions + exarch.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 02:20:16 AM by magenb »

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: 1k pure eldar list?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 06:30:45 PM »
How about

HQ - 110 points
Autarch on jetbike, with reaper launcher. Drops in with Scatbikes.

Troops 270 points
1 x 4 man squad of scat bikes
2 x 3 man squad of scat bikes

Heavy 305 points
Vaul's wraith Support Battery 3 x D-cannons
WraithLord, Flames Ghostglaive and 1 scatlasers.

Elites - 146 points
7 x Striking scorpions + exarch.

Fast Attack 122 point
6 x Swooping Hawks + Exarch

Total 953

So flipping between adding another scorpion and giving the exarch it claw, or give the scorpion exarch the claw and give the Wraithlord a second scat laser.

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 07:10:44 AM »
Hey Magenb long time no chat bud. Gotta ask how competitive is your gaming group? Cause this a really tough list to face at 1k points. You are playing as many laser bikes in your 1k list as I play in my 1850 hardcore list (where my hornets, wraithknight and warp hunter are also rocking the table). On top of that you are gonna have a batter of d-cannons...

I means its a very good list, but those escalation type leagues are usually to encourage people to play and this list is gonna blow people out of the water round 1 I would imagine if they aren't ready for it.

But you know me bud, its not a criticism. I play some very tough lists as you know, with all my hornets, warp hunter, laser bikes etc. Just wanted to see where the rest of your group was at, before I gave a critique.
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 07:28:05 PM »
Hey Magenb long time no chat bud. Gotta ask how competitive is your gaming group? Cause this a really tough list to face at 1k points. You are playing as many laser bikes in your 1k list as I play in my 1850 hardcore list (where my hornets, wraithknight and warp hunter are also rocking the table). On top of that you are gonna have a batter of d-cannons...

I means its a very good list, but those escalation type leagues are usually to encourage people to play and this list is gonna blow people out of the water round 1 I would imagine if they aren't ready for it.

But you know me bud, its not a criticism. I play some very tough lists as you know, with all my hornets, warp hunter, laser bikes etc. Just wanted to see where the rest of your group was at, before I gave a critique.

I'm still lurking in the shadows :)

Yeeah, figured the first list would be overpowering new starters, since that really isn't a fun match for me, I'm trying to tone it down, however there was a tourney on the weekend I missed out on, but managed to drop in and peak at some of the gear on show. It was a real mix, but definitely a couple of cheese factories on the tables.

I'm trying to sus out if those guys are going or not, but the comp organizer wasn't there.

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 06:58:39 AM »
Ok cool. Yeah getting a vibe for what others are bringing is always a good thing. With Eldar its so easy to go over the edge with certain units. I always bring some Laser Bikes but I mix in some more challenging units like Scorpions, Shining Spears etc.

One challenge unit I'm running currently is Swooping Hawks skirmishers. I really need to get ahold of an Autarch with wings, but an Autarch with Wings, Banshee Mask, Soulshrive (Firesabre alternately) accompanied by an Exarch with a power sword or spear is a nice little melee unit. Great for beating up on Tau, Guard, other Eldar jetbikes, small units of Marines etc. That 18" movement is insane!

If I were you I'd take a unit or 2 of laser bikes and then a challenge unit that you want to learn and expand the list out from there.

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 01:49:16 AM »
OK comp is going ahead this weekend sadly I can't give my corsairs a run :(

So I know there will be at least one DE player who is not going to run any HQ.. which is not a terrible idea since a HQ is about 10% of the army in points.

2 greenskin players, I know one plans on rocking battlewagons.

Blood ravens might also show up.

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #6 on: February 4, 2017, 05:09:46 AM »
OK finally got to put my Elder on the board :)

Sadly forget to take photo, but the first match was against Thousands suns all on foot. Jungle match with a great big building in the middle, so line of sight was terrible. D-cannon artillery didn't do very much, just a few kills. Scorpion grabbed the relic and carefully ran away ;), took a fair amount of shots while doing it, so 3 died and they got very lucky as his jump troops mis-hap and did make it on the board.

Swooping hawks killed 2, 1 from the grenade blast, the other from lasfire.

Next match was Purge the Alien against space wolves, I one the roll off but chose to go second as he had some Long fangs and thunder wolves, so I was able to use line of site cover the minimize their fire, but they were still deployed in a good spot and forced me to limit how aggressive I wanted to be.

The D-cannons got to fire once and it did nothing, however, they did soak up some shots from the long fangs and drew the Thunder wolves in.. as you would expect the Thunderwolves just tore them apart, but it gave me time to reposition the jetbikes.

Scorpions never made it to CC, they were running clean up and basically managed to finish off the squads they got close too with shuriken fire.. bladestorm just kicked in at the right times and a few unlucky rolls on his side.

Wraithlord was just OK, since most of his army couldn't hurt it, it didn't soak up as much as I hoped and the long fangs were well positioned so I couldn't be as aggressive as I would have liked.

Swooping Hawks killed 3, 1 from gren pack, 1 from shooting and managed to take down 1 from being charged.

The Warlord Trait "Target Priority" is freaking awesome, I have terrible luck with dice so 1's pop up all the time and its a bubble effect.

I got to see some off the other armies, Tau were nasty, a load of drones that got stealth and shroud some how and the commander had a controller unit or something, so their BS got boosted too. Tau also had ALOT of ignore cover weapons... I'm kind of hoping I can get an open table when I take them on as most of the army was 18" range.

Imperial guard was there too, a lot of infantry with a few tanks, did I mention ALOT of infantry? great big shrinking ball of death to that didn't stop going.

Chaos with a Helldrake and bunch of noise marines, did rather well. Not looking forward to facing that army... I hate heldrakes.

Dark Eldar rocked up too, usual suspect there, ravager, reavers, razoring, etc. Actually faired rather well as there was not much AV floating around.

When you drop back to the basic CAD system the armies seem to balance out fairly well.

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #7 on: February 4, 2017, 08:37:31 AM »
Thats great Mage. So did you win those games? Kinda hard to tell. Definitely challenging matchups. You always have to take Space Wolves seriously, and Thousand Sons are really unpredictable. Too bad no pics, but I'm glad you had a good time.

Yeah when you play basic CAD's, or CAD with a single formation the game really evens out. Playing lower level points is a huge game changer. 1250 is like 1850pts from 5 years ago. Its nuts. I'm actually a huge fan of lower points games having played them a lot more in recent years. People who complain about how "crazy" the game is, should really give low points games a shake. You'd be shocked how many models you can get on the board in 1000pt game.

Anyway, I'd love to know how you did in your individual games if you have the time. Glad you had fun though bud.

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #8 on: February 4, 2017, 03:58:07 PM »
I won both games, the volume of fire at range only whittled everything down thanks to power armour saves, but it did the job. In such a small board, I should swap some shrunken cannons in,

Post Merge: February  5, 2017, 02:33:58 AM
In the future, please use the modify button. Double posting is against the forum rules, and for that reason, the system merged your posts.

played against more chaos, 13 models in the army, two demons, a tank and two 5 man jump pack assault squads. My list needs some serious tweaking. I won but it was more ass than class. Managed to seize initiative and gun down one of the demons. Swooping Hawks finally did some thing and took the tank out. Vauls artillery battery did very little again. Scorpions finally got into combat, but were meh, did more with their pistols lol, they did sit on the objectives for most of the game.

One flying monstrous psykic creature with incredible saves pretty much tore chunks out of my army, while I still managed to put a few wounds on the sucker, it finally died due to two peril of the warp.

While it was a fun match as he was a nice guy, those two models would have tabled my army if I didn't seize.

« Last Edit: February 5, 2017, 02:33:58 AM by magenb »