News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Eldar Path of Command - [info, links and how to join]  (Read 3236 times)

Offline Lorizael

• GW Shill: Infinity Circuit: Synergistic Spotter of Numpties
  • Ancient
Eldar Path of Command - [info, links and how to join]
« on: January 31, 2010, 06:13:18 PM »
The Eldar Path of Command

The PoC (Path of Command) is the Eldar board's way of organizing our members and allowing them to contribute and discuss many different aspects of each craftworld.  We host one PoC thread for each of the five main paths, and one for the Eldar Online craftworlds (CWEO itself, and all of the less popular and self made craftworlds).  In each of these you can get direct critique and input on your, say, Biel-Tan lists, or Iyanden painting, and can get input on other craftworld specific matters as well.  This is also a place to be social with other members of your style of play, and share your own wisdom and experience, through linking or posting your own articles, guides, tutorials, and projects.  Many PoC's also choose to design and implement Craftworld projects and events, such as many inter-Craftworld online campaigns, or even between different races across the entire forum, in addition to painting competitions, role playing events, and others.  These can be VERY fun, and wonderfully designed, truly something not to miss!

These PoC threads each have a ranking system which rewards it's members for being a helpful member of our community, and often for writing articles and other works.  Each ranking system and how it is handled varies depending on which Craftworld PoC you are a member of.  You are not required to join one, but it can be a rewarding and beneficial experience to get involved and really explore and contribute to our fine community through one.

To gain membership in a PoC, make a post in their thread asking to join.  You may be kicked out or lose rank by breaking forum rules, or by whatever standard they judge, as described in their thread.

Current Autarchs and Craftworld threads:

Irisado
Buanneth Fhirin (Craftworld Eldar Online)

GoofyCommy
SaimHann

Chaplain Swordwind
Biel-Tan

Starrakatt
Iyanden

O!nk
Alaitoc

The_Outcast
Ulthwé

FAQ:

Q: How do I get a rank?
A: Anyone with a higher rank can always suggest someone for the Path of Command. Ultimately, it will be the Autarchs Farseers and/or Phoenix Lord's decision, when they think you are ready.

Q: If I want to become part of the Path, what do I do, and what do I need?
A: The minimum requirement for membership is a postcount of 100 posts. You need to be a regular on the eldar boards, and you need to be a good poster. You can request a membership by posting in the relevant Craftworld PoC thread.

Q: How do I increase in rank?
A: By being a good poster, by helping new members, by actively contributing to the community, and gennerally being helpful and polite it is possible to get a promotion.

Q: Can I lose rank?
A: Yes. By flaming, trolling, spamming, posting oneliners and generally making an ass of yourself, you can lose rank. Rank loss may be temporary, or indefinite. Continued bad posting and bad behaviour will eventually get you expelled entirely from the Path.

Q: I want a Harlequin rank, can I get one?
A: No. If the Harlequin board decides to start a ranking system, ask there.

EDIT: the old thread is here: http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=114956.0
« Last Edit: April 5, 2010, 04:12:47 AM by Lorilesbian »