News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The power of 3! 1750pts quite nasty i think.  (Read 772 times)

Offline Venkh

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
The power of 3! 1750pts quite nasty i think.
« on: March 8, 2011, 06:50:32 AM »
Latest list. Quite horrible i think.

3 Haemonculi
3 Liquifiers
Ride with
3x9 wyches
3 Hekatrix
3 Agonisers
Ride 3 Raiders

3x3 Trueborn
3 Blasters
in 3 Venoms
with 3 additional splinter rifles

3 Ravagers
3 Flickerfields

9 Reavers
3 Heat lances
1 Grav Talon

14 3's all adds up to 42...  ;D

I have put the reavers into one unit because of kill points. If they get beaten up I can always hide the survivors. My experience with them has been quite mixed but I am perservering because i like the models.

The basic strategy is that the lances crack open the vehicles so that the wyches can jump in and assault. They take the pain token from the Haemonculi who stays in his raider liquifying things. The reavers are a versatile unit and pop tanks, screen or assault where required. Asault is a last resort as they are pretty squishy in CC

Offline Evolutionary Fault

• You're never too old to play with toys!
Re: The power of 3! 1750pts quite nasty i think.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 08:10:21 PM »
I'm not sure it's actually that bad of a list.  The reaver squad's a little bulky (in my mind), and the Trueborn are pretty easy KPs, but with a little tweaking, it could do pretty well!

You've got very good target saturation, and the redundancy is fantastic.  no matter what the enemy takes down, you've got two more squads identical to fill the role.  You lack a deathstar unit, like incubi, but I think that's ok.

are all the trueborn carrying blasters?  the way your list is written, it implies that there's only one blaster per squad...if that's the case, why not bring 3x3 trueborn, with 3 SCs?  that way, you can keep the venoms out of rapidfire range.  Other than that...maybe 3 Night shields instead of flickerfields?  it lets you hold the ravagers back...

I like it, it's potentially very deadly.

and 42?  Is there something I've missed, or is it funny because it's "the answer" to "the question"?
Join the BYB movement!!!
Change the world.

Offline Venkh

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: The power of 3! 1750pts quite nasty i think.
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 07:14:55 AM »
and 42?  Is there something I've missed, or is it funny because it's "the answer" to "the question"?

Yes, thats it. It was entirely coincidental and i thought it was quite funny.

The list has been performing well but as you pointed out the venom/trueborn squads are easy kill points. They are, however, more lethal than smallpox so im going to keep them in the list. Every trueborn has a blaster.

Despite being lance heavy the army requires some quite careful handling.

The wyches are great when used well. MEQ Units need to be softened up considerably before they get sent in. I lost a game vs necrons because i committed them too early. I might think about putting incubi back in but the lack of grenades with them really sucks.

The reaver squad is quite bulky and Im thinking of replacing them with something else. A nice beast squad would fit in nicely for the points but im not sure how well it would do as the only unit on foot in the list

Lots of people are doing large units of helions round here so i want to avoid that
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 07:21:20 AM by Venkh »