News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Anime fans unite!  (Read 3689 times)

Offline Jehenna

• Almost Purple
  • Ancient
  • 'baka' - Ruri Hoshino of the Nadesico
    • Eldaronline
Re:Anime fans unite!
« Reply #20 on: March 6, 2002, 12:36:03 PM »
yep thats one hella difficult to spell name, you can get tapes of legend of the overfiend or whatever it is in uk anime stores - though my friend who is a bigger anime fan than all of us put together (you think i'm exagerating? there is nothing in his life non-anime orientated, this year he's spending everything he earns on anime, same next year, there is no space left in his room except the ceiling for anime, and he refuses to put stuff on the ceiling, he wears an anime t-shirt everyday, has anime resin models, keychains, wall scrolls, lots and lots of videos and dvds, posters, art books, get the idea? ) ahem sorry briefly interrupted, he doesn't like that anime so i've decided to watch a lot of other stuff first.

kimagure is indeed a fantastic series, i will get the tv episodes when i can afford them, my brother just got for his birthday the OAV's and film - we also want summers beginning and i think theres another one after that we also want.
if you liked KOR you might also wanna check out 3x3 eyes, only seen the first vid so far but its kinda similar except for the gorey depictions of limbs being torn off...

i agree NGE is very cool, anyone else like Rei? though i have to admit not having a soul is quite offputting. then again Asuka is too well f*cked basically to have a crush on. Kaoru is one of my favorite characters! - even if ppl seem to think he's gay, how can a messenger of god be gay?

saber marionette j is good, i'll be watching j-again in a few months, and yes cherry is the best :) anyone seen the 'want to eat or...' picture? one of my favs :) shame that i had to watch it all in b/w due to f*cking NTSC, US whores having their stupid different format, and bloody regional dvd players for that matter.

dirty pair flash is one of the best series ever - dirty pair is a little too old in terms of the animation for me but maybe i'll see it someday. Yuri has cool hair!

Ah! Megami Sama (Oh! My Goddess) thats very very good, some of you may prefer Skuld but Belldandy is the best!!!! i got the red skirt resin model ready to paint :) very nice animation and Belldandy's voice...

Akira is kinda cool, not quite my type but still okay.

Ghost in the Shell is pretty damn sweet

Perfect Blue is a very different kinda anime, basically a psycho movie, classic though i wouldn't suggest watching it if your easily disturbed or disturbed already.

Macross Plus the movie - i didn't like this, matter of personal preference.

Nadesico! damn my picture being offline, still Ruri is waaaaayyy cool! the ending is just screwy and overall the whole plot is kinda... well screwed but still a good anime.

Battle Athletes - the OAV don't be put off by the very start, things soon get funny and my only hint is too watch out for anna :) i have the original series on dvd ready to watch.

Amazing Nurse Nanako - kinda funny and wel animated but moving towards hentai ya know? not quite worth the effort unless your a true anime fan (and watch anything regardless)

Battle Angel Alita - good, possibly even great, worth watching certainly!

not anime but the FF movie is the best animation ever, some scenes they got to look entirely real, most of them not quite but still go get it on dvd.

can't remember what other anime i've seen right now, except that i don't count DBZ Gundam or Sailor Moon because the versiosn shown on english television suck, damn editing, Card Captor Sakura is okay though and i think thats edited also.

oh yeah Rayearth - maybe they were OAV's but wasn't very developed in terms of plot or character, same goes for Sakura Wars.

now i really can't remember any more!

Offline Addinarr

• First Venge Mod
  • Ancient
  • Fall for a moment
« Reply #21 on: March 6, 2002, 01:45:59 PM »
Yeah, Rei is my favorite character. Probably cause she's quiet, calm, and ethereal.
Don't like Asuka cause she's just so bloody mean, no matter what her excuse is.
Shinji's too much of a wuss.

Kaoru [or however you spell it-3 different ways, I think] is not gay. At the most, he's a bi. But then, he loves everyone, being an angel and all.

When wrong, to be made right.
When right, to be kept right.

Offline Jehenna

• Almost Purple
  • Ancient
  • 'baka' - Ruri Hoshino of the Nadesico
    • Eldaronline
« Reply #22 on: March 6, 2002, 01:57:34 PM »
i think Asuka has a fairly acceptable excuse, considering her history wouldn't it be fair to say she's nice considering?

i think Rei and Kaoru would make the perfect couple.

wanna see the films now!

Offline BoyProdigy

• Pirate Prince
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Still rocking your world!
« Reply #23 on: March 7, 2002, 08:56:33 PM »
NGE IS THE BEST. i have like 10 videos downstairs of transilated episodes. Did they ever bring them out on DVD or something like that.