News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: My 500 pt list  (Read 593 times)

Offline Jezreel

• Ork Boy
  • Check the salad bowl again. You'll be surprised.
My 500 pt list
« on: June 11, 2005, 01:57:05 AM »
well, i've played a few games with these boys, and i proxied a few bigger games but here is the list i think i am going to stick with,

HQ
Brother Captain  -  Master Crafted NFW

Troops
6 GK (1 being a Justicar)

6 IST (2 plasmaguns)

ELITE
Inquisitor Jezreel and his Psycannon
     3 Heavy bolter servators
     2 Sages

Now this is pretty low on anti-tank (it's a DH army) but at 500 pts what am i going to see. My ISTs have taken out Rhinos and Razorbacks, my Inq has done the same (it took 2 turns, but the stupid thing died)

My only real concideration is losing my Inquisitor and adding a retinue for my BC, but why the crap am i even playing then? Jezreel is the whole reason for the 500 pt army (this is the begining of his career as a young Inquisitor, not yet a Lord)
 so... comments?
I never learned to walk the surface on my own
       So lately this ocean floor
   Has been feeling more like
        home.

Offline iDay

Re: My 500 pt list
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2005, 02:46:27 AM »
Nice list for GK 500 pts and is pretty balanced. A couple of things to keep in mind:

1. As you have stated, this army lacks anti-tank. Swap 1 or both plasma weapons from your inquisitorial storm troopers to melta, so as to  take care of that. You don't have to do this, but it does help with your AT capability
2. Remove one of the sages. one of them makes him BS 5, so he will rarely be missing shots anyway. The re-roll for him or his squad, is unnecessary. Instead get another stormtrooper
3. If you have a few extra points, give the inquistor an auspex. It doesn't cost much and with so much firepower in one squad, it seems only appropriate that they unleash all of that upon a sneaky infiltrator who strays too close.

Hope that helps.

Offline The Ooze

• VOX-Caster Ooze, Cadian 383rd
    • War Of The Bunny
Re: My 500 pt list
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2005, 06:20:46 AM »
I would say you should get rid of your Inquisitor to make room for a bodyguard for your Brother Captain, otherwise the Inquisitor might as well assume command; however this will make you army lack and Elites, which I find very helpful in a 500pts game.

I also agree with a devout follower, you need to make your army more anti-tank, or just change it when you go a gainsttank-filled army.

[post no 125]

View Portfolio

The fog returns. I must go now, for the turnips have eaten my sourdough...