News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Tetra  (Read 2255 times)

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
Tetra
« on: June 28, 2017, 01:48:49 PM »
How do we feel using the Tetra as a markerlight platform considering how its special version works? They're not going to last too long as their vehicle stats aren't overly impressive and their costs, better than battlesuits, aren't the greatest.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: Tetra
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 02:10:04 PM »
How do we feel using the Tetra as a markerlight platform considering how its special version works? They're not going to last too long as their vehicle stats aren't overly impressive and their costs, better than battlesuits, aren't the greatest.

I think the main thing with them is keeping them far back so folks don't shoot them. Their ability to start the game off the table is great too. With such a long range, they should hopefully be avoided by your opponents.

Markerlights are super useful in 8th, as they last the whole turn and are not removed when a single unit uses them.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
Re: Tetra
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 03:13:10 PM »
Markerlights are super useful in 8th, as they last the whole turn and are not removed when a single unit uses them.
(emphasis mine)

This is, perhaps, a modest exaggeration. The good news about the new markerlights is that the marked unit stays marked no matter how many people shoot at them. The bad news is, for the vast majority of the time, the only thing your units are gaining is a measly 8% accuracy bump unless you stack up on seeker missiles (which still miss about half the time) or are one of the few units packing weapons with the heavy designation who might want to move (Hammerheads and Broadsides, basically).

That said, using Tetras means the odds of you getting to the +1 BS level of hits is much, much better. That becomes a 27% accuracy bump, which is great. I'll have to consider these guys closely.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 04:18:12 PM by Wyddr »