News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2000 - Necrons - Sautekh  (Read 2624 times)

Offline Akaitsuki

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
2000 - Necrons - Sautekh
« on: May 7, 2018, 11:34:20 PM »
Some background on me. I play (try to collect) all factions. I've been collecting Necrons since 4th edition inheriting a small force from a friend that quita and then growing it over time to about 4000 pts or so. I like the army it is one of the first armies I branched out to, and consider myself a decent Necron player overall.

+++ 103 - Necrons (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) +++
++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Necrons) ++
Dynasty Choice: Dynasty: Sautekh

+ HQ +
Nemesor Zahndrekh
Vargard Obyron

+ Troops +
10x Immortal, Tesla Carbine
10x Immortal, Tesla Carbine
20x Necron Warrior

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Necrons) ++
Dynasty Choice: Dynasty: Sautekh

+ HQ +
Imotekh the Stormlord: Warlord Trait: Hyperlogical Strategist
Orikan the Diviner

+ Elites +
C'tan Shard of the Deceiver
C'tan Shard of the Nightbringer
10x Lychguard, Warscythe

+ Fast Attack +
1x Destroyer

++ Total: [103 PL, 2000pts] ++

Stratagems:

The Phaerons Will 1cp
Cosmic Powers 1cp
Methodical Destruction 2cp
Solar Pulse 1cp
Disruption Fields 1cp
Ressurection Protocols 1cp

Game Plan: Currently I am 2-1 with Necrons in 8th edition using the new Codex. I wanted to build a Sautekh only list, I find that Sautekh's strength lies in it's characters and stratagem otherwise likely better off with a different dynasty. So I wanted to use the characters as effectively as possible, I find that Deceiver+Nemesor+Obyron+Lychguard combo works very well in getting a couple dangerous threats right to the enemy lines. Imotekh I am going to be trying out for the first time in this list reading his ability to grant MWBD twice per turn makes me think tesla immortals would be a great benefit for him. Orikan and his invulnerable saves are a great way to keep all this infantry protected with invulnerable saves. The Nightbringer has proven to be weaksauce in my games but I'm still testing him further before completely dismissing him as a waste of 215 pts.

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: 2000 - Necrons - Sautekh
« Reply #1 on: May 8, 2018, 03:58:24 PM »
I feel like you have A LOT of points tied up in a gimmick that is easily defended against. All of these points leave the rest of the list some what lacking for me as well.

My problem with The C'Tan isn't that they're bad, rather other units can cause similar damage more efficiently. The same goes for the Lychguard as well actually.

Even with the ease of getting extra hits from MWBD on tesla I have found they still lack the punch offered by the Gauss blasters/flayers.

I could go into more detail but that would stray away from the dynasty you're trying to use.

Offline Akaitsuki

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 09:10:32 AM »
Yeah the theme of the list IS the gimmick as stated in the game plan lol basically the entire concept is as intended. I tried it in another game but went second so I didnt get to see it the way I really wanted to and so i made a new list hopefully i get first turn next time so i can see how well it can work 50% of the time.

Offline Necron81

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3 on: February 1, 2019, 03:11:36 PM »
Hi guys,
   I have been playing Necrons since they have become an army in 4th. I have found that using the Deciever trick You use is effective in friendly games but in the competitive tournaments a smart player will counter it easily. If Sautekh is the way you want to go play to there strengths. Doomscyths, pylons, tombstalkers all benefit from the move or deep strike and fire heavy weapons at full BS. Also you can use triarch stalkers to target priority and then use the Methodical destruction Strat to light up big scary targets like primarchs or knights. Doomsday arks rock too!

Good luck and happy gaming!

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #4 on: February 3, 2019, 12:09:44 PM »
Hi Necron81 and welcome to 40konline.

I don't know anything about Necron's and I realise that this is off topic, but as there hasn't been any activity in this board for a long while I thought I would at least reply to make you feel welcome.

As you have been a Necron player for so long you must have a sizeable collection. I would love to see some photos of them (in the relevant board obviously).
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline Necron81

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #5 on: February 5, 2019, 12:20:50 AM »
Thanks for the update I’ve been looking for a forum dedicated to Necrons sort of like the tyranid hive proboards I play tyranids too and love that site but I cannot seem to find a Necron one. What site do you go too Alienscar?

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #6 on: February 5, 2019, 04:02:38 PM »
Hi Necron81 your question is too far off the topic of this thread for me to answer here, so I would suggest you post a separate thread of your own in the Beginners and Newbies thread.
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!