News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 13 company space wolves rules  (Read 1538 times)

Offline Brash

• Titan Games
  • Armies: Chaos Space Marines
13 company space wolves rules
« on: April 13, 2017, 02:56:16 PM »
I am about to start a 30k army and was thinking ether 13 company of space wolves or salamanders. The 13th company had its own set of rules during the Armageddon campaign and I was just curious if anyone thought they might get a new set of rules in the 40k universe any time soon so that I could in theory play the army in both time lines with different rules.

Cheers, Brash
Ave Dominus Nox

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: 13 company space wolves rules
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 03:26:51 PM »
The 13th company had rules in the eye of terror campaign. I highly doubt they will get rules again (but you never know).

Really, the 13th company are all wulfin now, and showed up in the curse of the wulfin campaign book which came out last year. They would be wildly different than they were in 30k.

Otherwise, Horus heresy space Wolves and 40k space Wolves are not that different. Same with the salamanders. Just the older equipment is rare now.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Brash

• Titan Games
  • Armies: Chaos Space Marines
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 08:32:38 PM »
I suppose I just thought I would use some of the chaos space marine parts on the 30k models to show them scavenging for weapons and armour. I was looking at the old rules I think if I wanted to represent them I could just adhere to the units that they take.
Ave Dominus Nox

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 09:19:23 PM »
Yeah.. the only real special thing they had was no access to tanks, Wulfin, no blood-claws and army-wide scout. Asthetically, you can do whatever you want.

Keep in mind, there really isn't chaos parts in 30k. Everyone is sort of the same. The 13th company disappear after the siege of Prospero, which takes place before Itsvaan. So, they would already be lost in the warp, long before any of the chaos legions turned..well..chaos .

It's not really until the end of the Horus Heresy that chaos folks start becoming chaos. For a large part of the war, folks all have the same power armour, it's just a war of ideology.. Besides the Word Bearers, who the Space Wolves don't even fight. They fight the Thousand Sons, and then are stuck in space battles with the Alpha Legion for a while.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Mr Draken

• Armies: Saim-Hann, White Scars, Space Wolves, Catachans.
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2017, 10:46:18 PM »
I know this topic is out a bit... but 13th have rules in the warzone fenris books. including wulfen.
Carpe Diem Baby...