News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Some IG Tank ideas  (Read 13365 times)

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
Re: Some IG Tank ideas
« Reply #60 on: February 5, 2016, 03:30:38 PM »
@ GML

If the armor of the chimera was left alone, would it be acceptable to lower it's price to 60pts as you suggested?

What about the Taurox?  If it's armour was left alone, would lowering it's price be acceptable?  Or should it remain at it's current price? 

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #61 on: February 5, 2016, 04:19:56 PM »
@ GML

If the armor of the chimera was left alone, would it be acceptable to lower it's price to 60pts as you suggested?

What about the Taurox?  If it's armour was left alone, would lowering it's price be acceptable?  Or should it remain at it's current price?
60pts is a reasonable price for the Chimera.  Can't speak for the Taurox because I don't face them.  Maybe a 5pt drop?

Words... lots of pointless words.

You're right.  The game changed.  The game changes every time a new edition is released; every time a new codex is released.  Get used to it, it's going to happen a lot.

Why were Guard successful in 5th edition, where you had to move to take objectives, but not successful in this edition where you have to move to take objectives?  Why were you successful in 6th edition but not 7th edition?  The rules for moving and shooting with vehicles haven't change in any way that would affect the Chimera.

But I'm done making my point.  You clearly are the only one who has anywhere near enough experience to be able to make any suggestions.  You are clearly the only person that knows what works for the Guard and what doesn't.  And you are clearly the only person who knows how to fix things.  So, in the face of such awesome knowledge, I will bow down and stop making my point.  You are right, the Chimera is amphetamine parrot.  Right now it is 60 points too expensive and should have 15/15/15 armour to make sure it survives being thrown into the middle of the enemy's lines.  Clearly what the Guard need are no weaknesses.  How could I have been so blind not to see that?
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Calamity

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #62 on: February 6, 2016, 08:01:36 AM »
@ GML

Crazy idea here, but what if the Tauroxes autocannons were optional?  The vehicle could have a base cost of 30pts, and come with no weapons whatsoever.  A dirt cheap taxi unit.  Then, you can spend the points to buy the autocannons, bringing it back up to it's current price.  Or, only a quarter of the price to buy a storm bolter/heavy stubber (the first one is happily included in the kit), and put it firmly into Rhino territory. 

How does this sound?

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #63 on: February 6, 2016, 11:26:55 AM »
Interesting idea.  30 points might be a bit cheap.  35 base with a 10pt upgrade for the autocannon would work as well.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Calamity

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #64 on: February 6, 2016, 12:25:26 PM »
Sounds good.  I can work out the finer details later.

There is the Taurox Prime too.  I understand people think that's overpriced as well.  But I think keeping it a good 30pts more than the standard model to account for it's extra speed, weapons and BS is fair.  It's weapon upgrades however, the Gatling Gun and Missile Launcher, seem expensive and might need looking at.

One way to make it a more attractive option is to give Stormtroopers Scout.  When this is transferred to the unit's Prime, we would find ourselves with a fast, well armed outflanking unit.  I completely support Scout for Stormtroopers, as it puts them into line with Space Marine Scouts and Tau Pathfinders, who to me are similar units with similar roles.