News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Tailor the Eldar list to absolutely destroy a Power gamer list!  (Read 1529 times)

Offline Wrexasaur

Re: Tailor the Eldar list to absolutely destroy a Power gamer list!
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2009, 03:06:07 PM »
true, but i take eldrad /w/ 3 warlocks+2 destructors and embolden in the EML Falcon. they can fortune two vehicles, or guide two vehicles and fortune itself. with the warlocks, which are roughly 100pts, they can unleash 2 heavy flamers (maybe a tiny bit better than stormy flamer squads) and they let me cast powers better. having two fortuned vehicles in cover is very strong, and having 24 scatter lasers that are guided and fortuned from war walkers hit a unit, swarm armies like orks cry when all that is left is their powerful nobz. also having two fortuned vehicles fly towards the enemy still works, and eldar can focus fire to break of certain "towers" of a castle list. i also use a wraithlord/w/wraithsword to run up with the falcon sometimes, it depends on the battle

i feel that we also do not understand how even if our units are not all priced nicely, we have farseers that can alter any of our units, i mean no one can just be like "that unit is twin-linked" besided one IG commander, but still, we can give vehicles more than 3/4 chance of not being hurt at all by any hit, even war walkers.

Refer to Salamanders and their commander. Vulkan make all flamers and meltas twin-linked period...hmmm. A six inch range on the "good" psyker powers is quite ridiculous, perhaps they will change this; most likely not though.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 03:10:44 PM by Wrexasaur »

Offline SuckerPF3

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2009, 03:53:51 PM »
true, but i take eldrad /w/ 3 warlocks+2 destructors and embolden in the EML Falcon. they can fortune two vehicles, or guide two vehicles and fortune itself

Correct me if i am wrong, but i thought you had to have LOS to fortune something, how can you have LOS on 2 vehicles when your inside of one (the eldar vehicles do not have firing points)?

Offline ReverseGeneticDrift

• Raming a landraider and winning, priceless.
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2009, 04:03:29 PM »
you only need los for shooting powers.  Its in the FAQ

Offline enlg

• I like editing stuff.
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2009, 04:18:09 PM »
you can measure the farseer's powers from the vehicle's exit point

Offline SuckerPF3

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2009, 04:45:36 PM »
Just goes to show you how often i use wave serpents.......

Still taking a 210 point character to increase the survival rate of 2 vehicles by 25% seems like a steep price to pay.

Offline Harlequin ofthe LaughingGod

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2009, 04:48:05 PM »
Actually you just measure from the vehicle not from the back hatch.
Max

Offline Wrexasaur

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2009, 10:30:24 PM »
Just goes to show you how often i use wave serpents.......

Still taking a 210 point character to increase the survival rate of 2 vehicles by 25% seems like a steep price to pay.

It works out to be worth it although the tanks themselves work out to be overpriced. Eldrads psyker abilities during the "real" game are unrivaled in effectiveness and flexibility, and rightly so for a pricey unit like himself. Investigate the amount of combos you can use to cripple your opponents army.

Offline enlg

• I like editing stuff.
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2009, 12:03:11 AM »
true, i mean when 3 warwalkers with scatters are guided, they do sooo well its amazing. i remember i once faced a tyranid army with 60 hormaguants. first turn i killed 20 of them, second turn around that number again. although many eldar units may seem overpriced, their synnergy makes up for it.