News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: iyanden reseen  (Read 3304 times)

Offline kyle vp

iyanden reseen
« on: October 1, 2008, 06:44:16 AM »
I posted a bit ago on the painting forum for the wraith lord,  I decided I'd go ahead and share the army painting as I progress, and so here it is.  I have 36 wraithguard,  I went ahead and painted the odd 6 that were still primered.  The others were painted when I got them and still are (really really badly.... but they had paint on them so other models have taken presidence.)

So here they are, the first squad of wraith guard, and the lord.  A serpent will be next to come, as soon as the clear coat dries.  (hopefully I'll get a pic of it up before I'm off to work)

Okay, made it back in time to post a pic of the wave serpent (though it is still a wip)

The awful texture of it is due to some bad advice I got back when the wave serpent model first came out.  I tried sandable primer to add some texture & make it easier to paint.  What I learned, was that unless you are trying to get this effect, sandable primer is a bad idea.  The flat smooth surfaces on models are *supposed* to be flat and smooth.  Now if you were going for a nurgle theme, it might be just the touch needed to grit things up a bit. Or anything you are trying to add rust to.

The turret is still the old royal blue from the original paint job, so it is not allowed to be in a picture yet :P  the cockpit is coming out, and I'm going to experiment with putting a great big spirit stone in there.
« Last Edit: October 1, 2008, 07:07:07 AM by kyle vp »

Offline Jehan-Reznor

• The Dude in Japan
Re: iyanden reseen
« Reply #1 on: October 1, 2008, 08:49:15 AM »
i like them, they have that japanese modelkit feel to them.
"this can't be happening, Man!"
my projects;
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=169427.0 budhhist space marines
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=163611.0 Doombringer my space marine chapter
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=150109.0 Hello Kitty Space Marine Army

Offline Khain Mor (/kharandhil)

• <3 huskblades
    • Dark Moon Kabal
« Reply #2 on: October 1, 2008, 11:48:04 AM »
yeah I feel the same...the look exacly like my gundams...
I'm guessing you have a japanese models background?
This is not how you're supposed to paint warhammer models...but it doesn't look that bad, you just didn't do a few things, like panel lines...
I would add some more extra colors in the special details like that wraithlord sword.

what did you do them lol? (some kind of weird spray?, weird paint?)

and god you're crazy...36 wraithguards... that's just nuts...(though I hope to have as much or more in the future...)

The Dark Moon Kabal ,possibly the biggest DE army ever!
over 20k and awesome, what more do you need to click? (last updated the 02/03/2012)

Nothing better than killing a thousand slaves to wake up in the morning.

Offline kyle vp

« Reply #3 on: October 1, 2008, 04:18:14 PM »
yep, I intentionally left the pannel lines white.  the last scheme they were glow in the dark green on primarily blue/yellow models.  They did look pretty cool, but now that everyone and their grandmother is fielding ghost world themed hosts I had to change them to avoid being the same.

I am aware this is not how warhammer models are supposed to be painted, this is exactly my goal.  To get a nice looking army, that doesn't look like everyone elses ;)

Offline kyle vp

« Reply #4 on: October 2, 2008, 05:45:44 AM »
Here's the next installment, I do like my reapers... particularly now that they can run :P  I usually run my reaper with an elm, but I've never gotten around to modeling it.  Anyway, here he is.  His squad will follow :)

Offline kyle vp

« Reply #5 on: October 3, 2008, 04:53:45 AM »
so I've been trying to finish a model a day, but have fallen short today.  I spent all my painting time today experimenting with different color schemes for the warp spiders gun.  (I'll be using the same scheme for the fire prisms, though I rarely field those so it is unlikely that I'll be doing them any time soon).  Here is an image as best I could do of the gun colors, but the camera just isn't capturing it. I'll have to try during the day with natural light, when my super shaky hands don't blur the picture if I don't mount the camera on something :P

there are thn black lines in the shaded area, they look great from a tabletop view, but unfortunately not as noticeable in any of the shots I took.

They also glow in the dark... just because I thought that would be fun to do :P

« Last Edit: October 3, 2008, 04:58:10 AM by kyle vp »

Offline kyle vp

« Reply #6 on: October 4, 2008, 03:56:29 AM »
today I did extra to compensate for my lack of production yesterday.  The tank is my old scheme, the one I'm mostly getting rid of.  But this is the first vehicle I ever painted, and I intend to leave it this way.

The living eldar will be painted in a more traditional scheme, it is only the ghosts that are getting the ghastly white dominance.  Keep in mind,  it is primarily a ghost army though, so it should still make up about half the force.

The artillary platforms were done entirely with an airbrush,  I'm trying to practice, I haven't used it enough lately.   The blue tank was also done entirely with an airbrush, including the flames.  the canopy area was done with a brush though (the yellow)

Offline kyle vp

« Reply #7 on: October 5, 2008, 05:32:19 AM »
no new completed model today, but I'll post a wip of what I'm working on.  I got the autarch from the box set, and I want him to have a reaper launcher and a warp spider pack.  So, the shruken pistol is going in the bits box, and I took a spare reaper launcher I had sitting around and made that work.