News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: My thread for list competition  (Read 1693 times)

Offline Ork E Nuff

• Ork Boy
  • 'ere WE go, 'ere WE go, 'ere WE go!!!!!
  • Armies: Orks, SM (occassionally)
My thread for list competition
« on: November 25, 2015, 06:44:14 PM »
My List:

Warboss: armor, cybork, pk, TL shoota, attack squig – 112 pts
Burnas: x8, 2x meks w/kmb –                           170 pts
Trukk: ram, red –                                      40 pts
Warbikes: x6, nob, pk –                               133 pts
                                              Total – 455 pts
FOC 2
Painboy: cybork, 2x orderlies –                        65 pts
‘Ard boyz: x20, nob, pk, armor, big shoota, rokkit launcha –
                                                      245 pts.
Grots: x10, runt herder –                              35 pts
Kanz: x3, big shoota, grotzooka, skorcha –            160 pts
Mek: mega slugga, 2x oilers –                          35 pts
                                              Total – 540 pts

Grand total - 995 pts                                       

Ok…I haven’t played 7th yet, but upon reflection, I think this could work.
My WB goes with burnas in the trukk and zips around the table causing problems and attacking flanks with the warbikes.  WB and burnas get stuck in with hard to handle troops/vehicles.  My warbikes are used as flankers and/or outriders.  Hit and run, trying to avoid protracted conflicts until the bitter end.

My Painboy takes the reins of the footsloggers portion of the forces.  He hangs with the ‘ard boyz, assisting in any way he can.  ‘Ard boyz are the core of the maneuver troops, ready for a protracted fight and hopefully absorbing hits and making a few armor saves.  The grots will hang on the periphery, waiting to either snatch an objective or contest on the last turn.  My biggest gamble is keeping them alive through the game, as I’m sure their life expectancy is the same as an ice cube on a hot skillet.  The mek that is allowed for each HQ is attached to the Kanz.  Not sure if I want the kanz as a troop or separate entities.  But, I figure that they are fire magnets and walking targets; kinda like dead grots walking…Hopefully having a mek in the vicinity will help to repair any immobilized or weapon destroyed rolls. 

Again, this is very basic and of course, your comments are welcomed/encouraged…I could even field this as it stands, without too much effort.
OEN
Blood n Guts is nuffin more dan bio-d-gradible axle grease.....Remember, that which does not kill you, will only try harder the next time...I've named me attack squig "Skippy"....is that wrong?

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
Re: My thread for list competition
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 11:41:16 AM »
I haven’t played 7th yet
That's ok, it takes a lot to try and deal with our b[obscenity deleted] codex 7th gave us, so I applaud you giving it a shot.

First off, I think you should give your first force org chart a close look, it appears when you were putting it up forgot to type in your Troops choices.  I'm sure you'll fix that, no big.

When it comes to the Mekboyz, I'm glad to see my old school favorite weapon the KMB, sure it can (and has) blown up in my face a number of times, but that's just part of the game.  What I don't personally understand is the Slotless Mekboy of the 2nd Detachment has the Kustom Mega Slugga.  Besides having a downgrade in range, unless my codex is a misprint the Slugga costs more in points.  Which I'd understand if you could take it on a Biker Boss, but that's neither here nor there.

Further on that Mekboy, he unfortunately doesn't work like an IC.  Check the 3rd Sentence of the Mekaniaks rule.  Your idea of a Mek running around fixing the Kans isn't a bad one, its actually part of the old school KanWall tactics, but unfortunately that Mekboy though can't be added to the Kans unit (Walkers function similar to Infantry and Artillery but don't equal either).

Speaking of Kans in this type of list I would most definitely recommend the Kans each being a separate entity rather than a unit of three.  By doing so you have less risk of being hampered by the Cowardly Grot rule, and since each has a different type of ranged weapon, each can target what they are best at.

Peace
~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #2 on: December 1, 2015, 08:54:58 AM »
Nice list. Like OD, I don't see any troops in the first FoC, most likely a typo. If not then what you have is a one FoC list. Which is ok, as it give the troop choices objective secured bonus rule that allows your troops to trump other enemy units. It is a hoot that grots can trump a hive tyrant to hold an objective.

As for the truck, it needs something.  Hmmmm, oh yeah, trade the red paint for a wrecking ball. The new rule on red paint is worthless, but the wrecking ball works really well. Kinda replaced the way the old boarding plank worked but without the nob, and it works in the shooting phase so dreds can't even argue to swing back.

As for the burna boys, you need to give the boss a boss pole for the unit. I know they don't do the same as they used to, but it may just keep the unit from running off the board when you need them to kill off a unit of stern guard.

Let us know if you use the list in a game, I would be interested in seeing how the burna boy truck turns out. I haven't had much luck with the burna boy wagon, maybe a faster truck would be the solution to getting in some drive by flamings.... ;D

My two teef
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Ork E Nuff

• Ork Boy
  • 'ere WE go, 'ere WE go, 'ere WE go!!!!!
  • Armies: Orks, SM (occassionally)
« Reply #3 on: December 4, 2015, 05:58:39 PM »
Ok...I think I got a little confused with my list.  My apologies to the assembled, when you don't play as often, you tend to get caught up with everyone's lists and the way they do things.

For the list, take out the second force organization.  It's all one big, frothingly angry mob of orks...just like I remember 'em.  Heeding the advice of wise ones:  My kanz are not a single unit, but 3 separate slots in the heavy area.  My mandatory troops:  'ard boyz and grots.  I hope this clears up any confusion on my part for what goes where and with whom.  Crap...remember the good ol' days when you threw a list together, grabbed a bucket of dice, and gamed until you opponent couldn't stand you any more? 

Thanks for the advice...I'll pay closer attention to building and list parameters in the future bosses...promise... maybe...if I remember...Hey, is that somethin' shiny over there?  *wanders off*

OEN
Blood n Guts is nuffin more dan bio-d-gradible axle grease.....Remember, that which does not kill you, will only try harder the next time...I've named me attack squig "Skippy"....is that wrong?