News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Dark Heresy Eldar characters???  (Read 11571 times)

Offline PhoenixLord1989

• The road of good intentions doesnt leadto anywhere
  • Armies: Eldar, D-Eldar, Dark Angels, Necron, and Tyranids
Dark Heresy Eldar characters???
« on: December 14, 2009, 06:40:25 PM »
i know you could just make your own career paths for the eldar and do it that way but i was wondering if anyone knew where to find some already made because me and my friends all play but i would love to create a eldar for myself.
"What do Humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea."

"Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers, all of which are true and terrifying to know."

"The stars themselves once lived and died at our command, yet you still dare to oppose our will."

Offline FifthWindDieGermanator

• Marines are Toughness 3! | Termagant
Re: Dark Heresy Eldar characters???
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 07:51:25 PM »
Rogue Trader, a 40k RPG (exact same system as DH in terms of d10's, characteristics, etc.), has, in its's extremley limited Xenos section, a profile for an Eldar Corsair. Creatures Anethema has profiles for a Dire Avenger and an Ranger, along with profiles for an Eldar Sniper Rifle, a Shuriekn Catapault, and maybe a Shuriken Pistol. Other than that, its all going to be fan made stuff.
"special weapons, what special weapons, oh look skulls, BLAAAGABLAGAAAGGGGG BLOOD SKULLS BLOOD SKULLS"
-Sanctjud

I'd rather you hate me, For everything I am, Than have you love me, For something that I can't
- Five Finger Death Punch

Beware, Rules Lawyers, beware!

Offline laucian_meliamne

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Don't Panic; It's Open-Source!
    • The Place Where I Put Stuff Online
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 01:46:51 PM »
Heresypedia has an article on in-game Eldar:
http://darkheresy.wikia.com/wiki/Eldar

Currently the only official Eldar for Dark Heresy are those listed in Creatures Anathema (The Ranger, Dire Avenger, Guardians (I think), and an Autarch-like NPC).  Rogue Trader also has the Corsair.  Creatures Anathema has stats for the Shuriken Catapult, Shuriken Pistol, and Long Rifle, but no other Eldar weapons.

I can't really see Eldar working in Dark Heresy as a regular PC.  Players are working for the Inquisition, which has pretty much sworn to kill off all Xenos.  Having an Eldar running around with the PCs regularly just feels... wrong.  Having a recurring NPC/unofficial ally of the PCs' inquisitor could work though.  But unless you're the GM that's not really a great option in your situation.

Eldar would work much better in Rogue Trader where Xenos and their equipment is much more tolerated (and in some cases prized).  And rumour has it that one of the eventual supplements/other games set in the DH/RT universe will allow players to be Chaos Cultists and/or Xenos.  You just need to wait for the books to be published.

Offline PhoenixLord1989

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 02:19:17 PM »
i understand that it wouldn't work that well but i mean you can always make up something up with some story to make it legit like, "the black library has sent some of there guardians of the library to help out in the struggle against well everything except eldar lol i mean its just a game and meant to be fun and to add some eldar path options would make it that much more fun which is why i brought up this post.
"What do Humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea."

"Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers, all of which are true and terrifying to know."

"The stars themselves once lived and died at our command, yet you still dare to oppose our will."

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 06:44:58 PM »
Not really no. Eldar are alien, they are not just elves like in LotD, and they don't live in peace with humans like in D&D where they only practical difference is pointy ears. At best Eldar view Humans like you would view a moderately bright dog.

Most the times I hear 'it would be fun' as an excuse for doing something it makes me think that no, it would be silly.
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014

Offline PhoenixLord1989

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2009, 08:33:58 PM »
Not really no. Eldar are alien, they are not just elves like in LotD, and they don't live in peace with humans like in D&D where they only practical difference is pointy ears. At best Eldar view Humans like you would view a moderately bright dog.

Most the times I hear 'it would be fun' as an excuse for doing something it makes me think that no, it would be silly.

well what one person might find silly another would find fun and i know that my gaming group and i would find it fun. Because i have been asked about it by everyone in my gaming group, so i went out and asked about it. Where is a lot of people might find 40k its self silly, lame, dorky, etc... i and many other people find FUN.

Everyone in my gaming group has played as most of all the paths and we want something new so this seemed like the thing. If no one knows of anything i will just have to make up one on my own either ways thanks for the comments.