News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Wierdboyz Worth It and 'eadbanger question  (Read 1666 times)

Offline AutarchAndrew

• Copyright theft - wot?
  • "Go Big or Go Home!"
    • AutarchAndrew
Wierdboyz Worth It and 'eadbanger question
« on: May 28, 2010, 05:16:40 AM »
Ork really suck at anti-tank and in this day in age thats the only thing people play.which I love because I love tanks.but how can we as orks kill tanks effectivly.im thinking about taking a wierdboy in my ork army list do to his power zzap.its on a 3 so I wont get it everyturn but with the warphead upgrade ill get it sometimes Str-10 Melta owns and plus it autohits which is just plane awesome.but my rules questions is how is resolved in vehicles it says choose a unit within line of sight.and how is 'eadbanger and 'ere we go resolved.
Win Loss Record:
       Win/Tie/Loss
Eldar-70/21/9
Orks-2/1/1
Wolves-1/0/0
Tyranids-1/0/0

Offline Heretek

• General Freyberg | Out, damn'd Grot! | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: Wierdboyz Worth It and 'eadbanger question
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 06:18:32 AM »
The FAQ will answer all your questions.

As for what I use; Deffkoptas with twin-linked rokkits. I swear by mine, outflanking on behind enemy vehicles and shooting a bunch of rokkits up their tailpipe seems to do the trick. Nob Bikers (or indeed Warbosses) with powerklaws are also effective, they get to the enemy fast and hit hard. Lootas can make a mess of lightly armoured vehicles as well. I find using a Weirdboy, even a Warphead, too unreliable for tankbusting. I'd rather have something I can count on.

Offline Melthor

• I looted your mum
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 11:28:58 AM »
The weirdboy can be a very powerfull and often overlooked HQ choise, especially at low points costs.  But to take him for a specific role is exactly the opposite of how to play the weirdboy imo.  For a good look of how one can play out for you , check out this guide from the boot camp sticky :-

http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=130950.msg2105104#msg2105104

I have an unbeaten 1k list featuring a Warphead, 90 boys(nob,pk,bp), 7x lootas, 2 grotzooka kanz, and da green barron, its a highly recommmended list for a fun game but also very competative.  Just dont expect a quick game :)  In this setup my anti-tank will be primarily da barron, with lootas for lighter AV. If that fails, the kans and nobs are both capable, and 30 boys can glance AV10 to death too.  The warphead sits with 30 of the boys (shootas) and does whatever he likes, just dont deploy him in the middle of the squad, use 1 or 2 boys to keep coherency and put him right at the front :)

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 01:06:20 PM »
Well here's another sticky you should take a gander at
http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=130950.msg2401748#msg2401748
its OldCrow's very in depth Ork Anti AV 14 tactica, which yes you didn't mention any specific AV14 problems, but anything that could take out AV 14 can take out Rhino rushes and Serpent slams just as easy.  The article also takes into account pros and cons of each unit's abilities to do so.

I wouldn't take a Wyrd boy or Warp Ead as my only anti-tank.  In fact to do so would be to invite disaster.  Taking one now and then for fun is great, but not every game.

Peace
~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard