News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: AoBR Warboss and Boyz + Bikers (pics)  (Read 1972 times)

Offline NewHeretic

• Same Heretic, New God | Ork Boy
AoBR Warboss and Boyz + Bikers (pics)
« on: March 3, 2010, 10:50:47 PM »
I finished some minor konversions that I'd like to share with the community. 

First, all I did to the Warboss was turn his head to face the direction he's pointing.  It seems kind of silly for him to have his left arm out like that if he's not looking that way. :-\

Next, I decided that I didn't want every single Boy to have his left-hand pistol pointing forward.  Too much of the same, so I found three arms, cut the shoulders in half, flipped the small half over and glued it into position, and attached the arm to be pointing left.  The first is just an Ork caught up in the joy of battle and screaming with his weapons over his head.  The second is ecstatically firing his pistol in the air, like many of his buddies, but to the side rather than forward.  I finally got smart with the third and posed him in the Olympic Hero stance.  I cut his neck to allow his head to turn the direction that he's pointing his weapon.  (He had to lose an earring for the process to work. :P)

Here is the third Ork Biker I put together.  I decided to make some simple konversions with this guy.  First, I cut the handle/throttles from two of the arms.  Then, I cut the hands off at the wrists and turned them about 90 degrees.  Finally, I attached pistols that have been sitting in my bitz box, unused, for years.  They're an old Las Pistol (left hand) and something I'm at a loss to identify (right hand).  He's an Ork.  He's a dare devil, so he can drive with no hands. :P  After that, I cut the Grot's gloved hand with the spiked club off and replaced it with a Space Marine fist holding a grenade.  I also cut the banner top off, attached the banner + Grot to the side of the Bike (I'd unknowingly already used the Bike with the slot for the banner for another Biker ::)), and reattached the banner top turned so that it faced appropriately.

And, here's a picture of all three Bikes together.

Here's a picture of my entire AoBR Ork force with the added Bikes.

Hope these simple konversions give you some easy ideas for your own models.

NewHeretic
Good advice from Joshua:

Choose you this day
Whom you will serve...
As for me and my house,
We will serve the Lord.

NewHeretic, forum policeman.

Offline Dheorl

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: AoBR Warboss and Boyz + Bikers (pics)
« Reply #1 on: March 4, 2010, 12:57:42 PM »
Absolutly loving the Usain Bolt pose. Repositioning alot of orks atm doing comedy poses. Mind if I steal that idea?

Offline NewHeretic

• Same Heretic, New God | Ork Boy
Re: AoBR Warboss and Boyz + Bikers (pics)
« Reply #2 on: March 4, 2010, 03:38:23 PM »
Absolutly loving the Usain Bolt pose. Repositioning alot of orks atm doing comedy poses. Mind if I steal that idea?

Thanks!

I post my konversions specifically so that others may copy the idea.  Seeing other people's konversions gives me great ideas, so I like to return the favor. :)

NewHeretic
Good advice from Joshua:

Choose you this day
Whom you will serve...
As for me and my house,
We will serve the Lord.

NewHeretic, forum policeman.