News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: New Codex: Happy/Sad Face?  (Read 41823 times)

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
Re: New Codex: Happy/Sad Face?
« Reply #160 on: May 26, 2015, 04:34:50 PM »
probably because serpent is a transport while wyper and walker are weapon platform.
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

Quote from: Cavalier
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Rx8Speed

« Reply #161 on: May 26, 2015, 05:42:54 PM »
it's a tank

Offline shabbadoo

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #162 on: May 27, 2015, 09:22:58 AM »
Why would vypers and warwalkers get it but not wave serpents? They're all guardian pilots. The wave serpents getting the aspect warrior buff in the aspect warrior formation doesn't have nearly as much merit.

I wouldn't be surprised if that gets FAQ'd, such that it doesn't affect any attached Wave Serpents, as the special rules are obviously targeted at the Infantry units themselves in those Formations.

Offline Rx8Speed

« Reply #163 on: May 27, 2015, 09:42:03 AM »
Why would vypers and warwalkers get it but not wave serpents? They're all guardian pilots. The wave serpents getting the aspect warrior buff in the aspect warrior formation doesn't have nearly as much merit.

I wouldn't be surprised if that gets FAQ'd, such that it doesn't affect any attached Wave Serpents, as the special rules are obviously targeted at the Infantry units themselves in those Formations.

Well it won't get faq'd since it is obvious that it doesn't affect wave serpents. I also don't think the rules are targetted at the infantry units specifically since the vyper get the PE rule. I don't think that giving PE to the wave serpents would be overpowered either since they do not get it all the time.

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #164 on: May 27, 2015, 10:05:17 AM »
You can't do that be ause the wave serpent would get prefered enemy if he disembark a guardian squad within firing range, that would be too strong, desactivate the shield fire everything and there is nothing left of the nearby unit. I think it's too strong. Btw do you think if a wave serpent have a guardian unit inside within 12 of an enemy unit, does the other guy get the prefer enemy? I don't think so but what do you guy's think.

The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Rx8Speed

« Reply #165 on: May 27, 2015, 11:23:36 AM »
I really don't think it is that strong. The whole points of this formation is that anything within 12" of a guardian dies a painful and horrible death. And it looks like bs5 waveserpents in the aspect host might be a thing and it definitely isn't stronger than that.

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #166 on: May 27, 2015, 02:55:35 PM »
The serpent don't get such a bonus in the aspect host stop with this already that make no sens. Well i feel it doesn't at least, and won't be playing it like this.

Offline Rx8Speed

« Reply #167 on: May 27, 2015, 02:59:22 PM »
I dunno man, I didn't want to believe it either but if you look at the rules for that one it is how it is written. You can't hide from the truth grizz

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #168 on: May 27, 2015, 05:20:59 PM »
... damn it i guess i'm gonna wait and see what are tournaments doing for this.

And if you increas  the ws in the bonus does the tank count as having ws 2 when assaulted or does it not count at all.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 05:22:26 PM by Grizzlykin »

Offline Rx8Speed

« Reply #169 on: May 27, 2015, 06:30:42 PM »
probably gets lost because I don't think it ever really has a weapon skill, just counts as having ws1 for the purposes of hitting it