News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Ghazghkull Thraka  (Read 1202 times)

Offline Braunmi

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Ghazghkull Thraka
« on: January 10, 2009, 11:22:21 AM »
Has anyone seen a assembly or painting tutorial for Thraka?  GW site has great articles on the Boyz/Nobs/Gretchins, you think they would have one for this great character.

Offline Fafnir

• Ork Boy
  • tied and gagged in the back of your car
Re: Ghazghkull Thraka
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 03:01:55 PM »
He's really easy to assemble, honestly. Put the arms in the right sockets(you can't get this part wrong), and put the torso on so that it fits the socket. Stick the head in the socket, and put the gob in the chest hole. Stick the flag on to the two nobs on the back, the horns beside the head, and the stikkbombs on the top.

Very simple to build. However, do to the sheer size and complexity of the kit, I recommend painting each part individually, THEN gluing it together. It sure as hell made my life a lot easier.

Offline Raktra (So long, I guess)

• Skarboy | Ripper | Princess of Baal
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Armies: Grey Knights
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 03:28:47 PM »
I did it quite well, it doesn't take too much to get him right if you do it traditional Goff.
Very simple to build. However, do to the sheer size and complexity of the kit, I recommend painting each part individually, THEN gluing it together. It sure as hell made my life a lot easier.
I just left the gob off, so I could get at his face. Maybe leave the power klaw off so you can get in to the bits.

Offline Fafnir

• Ork Boy
  • tied and gagged in the back of your car
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 08:03:20 PM »
I dunno... Ghaz's arms looked like they would definetly get in the way had I put them on as I painted. Also, because I put Ghaz's head on his body after it was painted, I was able to go a little more crazy with the mithril silver drybrushing on the body and gob..

Offline Raktra (So long, I guess)

• Skarboy | Ripper | Princess of Baal
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Armies: Grey Knights
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 02:05:39 PM »
I dunno... Ghaz's arms looked like they would definetly get in the way had I put them on as I painted. Also, because I put Ghaz's head on his body after it was painted, I was able to go a little more crazy with the mithril silver drybrushing on the body and gob..

If it's being done traditional Goff style then the head shouldn't really get in the way. Good advice though.