News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1500 pts Comp List - all comers  (Read 1723 times)

Offline faitherun (Fay-ith-er-run)

• Armies: Pointy Ears and bugs
1500 pts Comp List - all comers
« on: June 25, 2017, 11:57:39 AM »
So this is my first go at this list - going for purely competitive.

I believe that I can take multiple factions (DE, Quins, Craftworlders) in one detachment.

That being said, here is my 1.5k (actually 1499) Ynnari Outrider Detachment with DE Air Wing support.

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP++

+ HQ [7 PL, 113pts] +

Autarch Skyrunner: Laser Lance, Mandiblasters, Shuriken Pistol, Twin Shuriken Catapult

+ Fast Attack [33 PL, 562pts] +

Shining Spears [14 PL, 261pts]
. 5x Shining Spear
. Shining Spear Exarch: Star Lance

Windriders [5 PL, 96pts]
. 3x Windrider: with Shuriken Cannons

Windriders [5 PL, 96pts]
. 3x Windrider: with Shuriken Cannons

+ Fast Attack [9 PL, 109pts] +

Hellions [9 PL, 109pts] - +2 movement Drug
. Helliarch with Agoniser and Splinter Pistol, Phantasm Grenade Launcher
. 5x Hellion

+ Heavy Support [16 PL, 312pts] +

Ravager [8 PL, 156pts]: 3x Dark Lance, Shock Prow

Ravager [8 PL, 156pts]: 3x Dark Lance, Shock Prow

+ Air Wing Detachment +1CP [25 PL, 504pts] +

Razorwing Jetfighter [8 PL, 175pts]: 2 Disintegrator Cannons, Twin Splinter Rifle

Razorwing Jetfighter [8 PL, 190pts]: 2 Disintegrator Cannons, Twin Splinter Rifle

VoidRaven Bomber [9 PL, 194pts]: 2 Dark Scythes, VoidRaven Missiles

++ Total: [82 PL, 1495pts] ++

Tactics and such!

Everything will start on the board except the scorpions. Autuarch floats with the bikes first turn, moving up the board. His re-rolling of 1's to hit will benefit everything there. The spears will be taking a first turn charge - might have the Autuarch float in first to absorb overwatch. If a small unit can be popped in the charge, a unit of Spears may move in to hit and use the soul burst to jump back out of range after they die.

Ravagers are a dedicated Anti-tank, while Razorwings fly about and simply make a nuisance of themselves. Hellions use their speed to get into position to harass weakened squads or target MC's/characters. VoidRaven will try and get its bomb off first thing to neutralize a threat, after which point it will go after multi-wound units and characters.

« Last Edit: July 3, 2017, 09:35:50 AM by faitherun (Fay-ith-er-run) »
So, what your saying is it's not your fault you look stupid by using words you don't get?
Flawless logic.

Offline Blazinghand

• Warlock | Master of the Ravenwing
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Die for the Emperor or die trying!
  • Armies: Eldar, Orks
Re: 1500 pts Comp List - all comers
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 01:11:08 PM »
Looks pretty solid. One thing I'd consider is whether the 5-man unit of Scorpions is going to be able to make a difference on their own. It feels like a lot of your army is highly mobile, either on jetbikes or is a hovertank, and the Scorps are going to be footslogging. Even with their infiltration, they're not a reliable turn-1 assaulter. With 10 deployment moves to make, there's a good chance you're going 2nd as well. It seems like it might be better to either beef up the scorpions unit, or cut it use those points to make one of your existing units better or add another squad of assaulty dark eldar jetbikes.
Quote from: Howard Zinn
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.

Offline volatilegaz

• Aspect Warrior
  • I'm dead inside.
  • Armies: Eldar, Just starting Necrons
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 04:58:36 AM »
I agree the scorpions don't seem to fit with the rest of the army. Maybe use the points to beef up the spears?
The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit.

Offline faitherun (Fay-ith-er-run)

• Armies: Pointy Ears and bugs
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 10:44:03 PM »
Ok, so dropping the Scorpions, and one Splinter cannon off a Razorwing lets me pick up a Void Raven bomber with missiles.

Makes this a much more shooty list. I think the Spears are almost going to be a counter assault threat than a main one. Very mobile army that can put out a goodly amount of fire power
So, what your saying is it's not your fault you look stupid by using words you don't get?
Flawless logic.

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 05:58:55 AM »
Just run them as Ynnari, that way you get a special rule rather than a combined Aeldari force with no BF or PFP.

Swap scorpions for incubi, cheaper and better at anti-infantry or counter charging.

Hellions... umm  drop them and take a venom for the Incubi or just more incubi.
I would also consider swaping Windriders for inc.. just kidding Reavers with a grav-talon.

Don't forget the peptides ;)

If you don't have incubi.. umm.. Scorpions are still awesome :)

Chainsabers are not bad, but check out biting blade, easier to W and an AP modifier for less points.

geewizz what madness is this, recommending DE unit of CWE, I think I need a shower...

Offline SeekingOne

• Exarch
  • May Hoeth guide our ways...
  • Armies: Eldar (Saim-Hann), Space Wolves
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 09:39:39 AM »
@faitherun

This looks like a viable list.

However, competitiveness-wise, I'd say that, compared to the "status quo" we had in 7th, DE and CWE have now exchanged their positions. Now I can say the same thing about DE that had been said about CWE a lot in 7th: DE index overall is very strong and very self-sufficient, and it doesn't really benefit from mixing with CWE units. If you're going for a significant DE presence in your list, you could just as well go for a mono-DE list and will get an overall stronger army.

@magenb
Just run them as Ynnari, that way you get a special rule rather than a combined Aeldari force with no BF or PFP.
All respective units in this force will still have BF or PFP. But I already commented on this before :)
I fight against Chaos and for Order, because it means fighting for Life against Death. There is no other battle truly worth fighting.

"If it's not for a tournament then play whatever it is that you like. Without the pressure of having to utterly destroy your opponent it opens up alot more opportunity to have fun." - Lazarus