News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Sweord's WIP(s): Orks; And now Nids!  (Read 5819 times)

Offline Farseer Arendil

• Ork Boy
  • For the Craftworld
  • Armies: Alaitoc Eldar, Orks
Re: Sweord's WIP(s): Orks
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2010, 10:05:09 AM »
Sweord, that Nob is great.  Finish the rest of the squad I wanna see!!!  That said, I can't wait to see the finished product after you paint him either.  Great stuff man
Besides, the FW DCCW is too damn awesome not to put it on a ven dread... Holy Moly! You know something? that's not even a proper DA ven dread; its a generic ven dread with a RW icon plastered on one side after half the icon's wing has been cut away, pathetic! :P

Offline NewHeretic

• Same Heretic, New God | Ork Boy
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2010, 03:51:03 PM »
Very nice, Sweord.  But, why doesn't the Warboss have red pants like the Boyz? :P

NewHeretic
Good advice from Joshua:

Choose you this day
Whom you will serve...
As for me and my house,
We will serve the Lord.

NewHeretic, forum policeman.

Offline Sweord

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2010, 08:39:48 AM »
NewHeretic: Well, I wanted to try a harder scheme for the warboss than the boyz, also, I don't like the way the boyz look now, so I'll probably strip them in future. I'm toying with the different clans, too, and for the nob I'm painting I'm going to paint him as a Goff, which I think will be the clan I'll go with. That's why they all look so different, lol.

Sadly, everyone, I haven't had the time to get painting the nob yet, which is annoying me a lot. I'm going to start on him today hopefully, so watch this page for updates in a day or two.  ;D

-Sweord

Offline Sweord

Re: Sweord's WIP(s): Orks; And now Nids!
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2010, 09:10:53 AM »
Orks are going on hold for right now, at least for this week, anyway. My older bro gave me one of his Tyranids to paint for him, so I'm going to be working really hard this week on getting it done. It's a Hive Tyrant! (Which is, BTW, really heavy.)
Here's the model as I got it yesterday:

I can't wait to get some paint on it, it looks really fun!

-Sweord

Offline Sweord

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2010, 09:54:00 AM »
Hey guys, I'm sorry that I haven't updated this thread in such a long while.  :( I haven't been as enthusiastic about painting lately. (Also, Tyranids are not that fun for me to paint, I'm still working on the above figure.

Anyways, here's an Ork I was working on yesterday and today:

What do you guys think?

Offline Sweord

« Reply #25 on: November 6, 2010, 02:01:33 PM »
So, I finally finished my bro's nid. It took forever because I kind of took a break from warhammer, due to not enough time, amongst other things.

Anyways, Pics!

So, what to you guys think of ugly? (as I like to call it) Also, if you guys want closeups, just ask.  ;D

Offline Farseer Arendil

• Ork Boy
  • For the Craftworld
« Reply #26 on: November 9, 2010, 07:34:33 PM »
The Nob looks good, but I don't recall Tyranids being in the Ork codex... :o  The Tyrant looks good, and very Behemoth like.  Hope your G-Skins rip their faces off though.
Besides, the FW DCCW is too damn awesome not to put it on a ven dread... Holy Moly! You know something? that's not even a proper DA ven dread; its a generic ven dread with a RW icon plastered on one side after half the icon's wing has been cut away, pathetic! :P

Offline Sweord

« Reply #27 on: November 9, 2010, 07:54:20 PM »
Sadly they won't. My bro doesn't play, so I'm painting them for him to display.

I'm currently working on a deffkopta, and it's kind of intimidating, because of how complex the model is, but I'll get it done.  ;) Then it's on to the trukk from my battle force. Hopefully I can get a lot of painting done tomorrow, to at least finish the kopta.  :D

Offline those

• Yes... Come forth to bear the word of Chaos..!
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2010, 06:05:55 AM »
Good luck with the kopta... Finished mine a while ago. It was really fun to paint. I'm feeling slightly daunted by my Trukk though..! That's a lot of detail and a lot of paint..!

Keep up the good work though, them Orks is looking mighty fine..!

Offline Farseer Arendil

• Ork Boy
  • For the Craftworld
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2010, 10:32:41 AM »
Yeah, I need to give myself a solid kick in the ass to get painting again.  I haven't been feeling up to it lately.  Advice for the Deffkopta is to paint on a lot of Boltgun Metal or Chainmail or whatever, then just dirty wash it a few times.  Maybe I'll do a Deffkopta tutorial at some point, or at least a dirty washing one so you get what I mean.

Offline Sweord

« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2010, 09:25:37 PM »
So, everyone, here are some photos of the WIP kopta!  ;D It isn't as hard as I thought it was going to be, the only part that seems complicated is the pilot himself, as I have some difficult areas to reach with paint.  ;)

So, what does everyone think?

Offline Farseer Arendil

• Ork Boy
  • For the Craftworld
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2010, 11:58:34 PM »
Looking good so far there Sweord, keep up the grand work.

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2010, 08:50:37 AM »
Thats why you paint the Ork first, as he is tough to get at with the brush.

Then when he is finished you can fix up your mistakes you you paint things that are easier to get at.

He does look good so far; but I am interested to see how you get the paint into his skin, eyes, etc.

Cheers
Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering

Offline Sweord

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2010, 12:47:22 PM »
Thanks guys.  :) I think I can get the job done. For instance, the very center of the back doesn't need to be painted completely. (I think  :D ) It's hard to see under the bright light I use to paint, so under normal light it shouldn't be a problem.

Check back here later, I think I'll be done (or nearly done) with the kopta. Pics later!  ;D

Offline Farseer Arendil

• Ork Boy
  • For the Craftworld
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2010, 07:12:26 PM »
Little future tip for AOBR Orks, don't glue them until after you paint them, especially the koptas.  I left mine unglued and had no real problems painting up the actual Ork on the kopta.  Just a little advice for you.

Offline Sweord

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2010, 09:13:55 AM »
Well, with everyone's suggestions about how I should have gone about painting my kopta, I'm going to grab one of the other AoBR koptas and paint it with these suggestions. The sad thing is, though, it's been raining since last night, so priming it might have to wait.  :-\

We'll see if it stops later.

-Sweord