News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The Cult of The Vile, Nurgle CSM, 3000 pts. IMG heavy.  (Read 1666 times)

Offline Morbidus

• hm.
    • My band
The Cult of The Vile, Nurgle CSM, 3000 pts. IMG heavy.
« on: July 16, 2008, 07:56:41 PM »
This Blog is here mainly for me to keep myself motivated on painting and modeling.
I shall document the converting and painting of the army, and eventually, I will make fluff for them as well.

First I am going to make a 1500 army, which will be TT painted and not very though through. This is to have something to game with while I work on the army.

The 1500 list I will be gaming with (I know it's not optimal):

HQ:
Morbidus (Chaos Lord), Mark of nurgle, Nurgle's rot, familiar, wind of Chaos 170 points.

Elites:

The putrid:4 Chaos terminators, 1 Terminator Champion, "mark" of Nurgle, 1 heavy flamer, 2 power fists.
225 points

Squad Blister, 5 Chosen, 4 Plasma guns, Icon of Nurgle.  200 points.

Troops:
Squad Fetidon: 6 Plague Marines, 1 Plague champion w/ power fist, 2 melta guns, personal Icon, 226 points

Squad Carrion: 6 Plague Marines, 1 Plague champion w/ power fist, 2 melta guns, personal Icon, 226 points

Squad Something: 6 Plague Marines, 1 Plague Champion, power fist, 2 plasma guns, personal Icon,
236 points

Fast attack:
Squad Something: 3 Chaos Bikers, Chaos biker champion, “Mark” of Nurgle, 2 Melta guns,   217 points

Total: 1500 points.

TableTop Army:

HQ:
Morbidus:

His Familiar:

ELITES
The Putrid:

TROOPS:
Plague marines:

TableTop WIP:
Plague Marines:

Bikers:

The real Army
This army will be 3000 points

Armylist:

HQ:
Morbidus (count as Typhus): 225

Something: Greater Daemon, 100 pts

Elites:

The putrid:6 Chaos terminators, 1 Terminator Champion, "mark" of Nurgle, 1 heavy flamer, 2 power fists, 1 pair of Lightning claws.
300 points

Squad Blister: 7 Chosen Chaos Marines, "Mark" of Nurgle, 5 Plasma Guns, 251

Something: Chaos Dreadnaught, Two Dreadnaught Close Combat weapons 100 points.

Troops:
Squad Fetidon: 6 Plague Marines, 1 Plague champion w/ power fist, 2 melta guns, personal Icon, 226 points
Rhino: 35

Squad Flagrius: 6 Plague Marines, 1 Plague champion w/ power fist, 2 Flamers, personal Icon, 216 points

Squad Carrion: 6 Plague Marines, 1 Plague champion w/ power fist, 2 melta guns, personal Icon, 226 points

Squad Something: 6 Plague Marines, 1 Plague champion w/ power fist, 2 plasma guns, personal Icon,
236 points

Sacrificing squad: 6 Chaos Space Marines, 1 Chaos Champion, 1 plasma gun, 105

Fast Attack:
Squad Something: 6 Chaos Bikers, Chaos biker Champion w/ Power Fist, “Mark” of Nurgle, 2 Melta guns,   341 points.

Heavy Support:
Squad Raining Plague: 7 Chaos Havocs, 4 flamers, “Mark” of Nurgle, 175 points

Squad Boil-burst(A little corny?): 7 Chaos Havocs, 4 melta guns, “Mark” of Nurgle, 195

Something: 1 Chaos Obliterator, 75 points.

Total: 2981

Morbidus
Haven't decided quite where he comes from yet, though I am leaning toward Barbarus. He joined the Death Guard either late M28 or in M29. He served faithfully, and eventually he was honored with the duty of being a deathshroud. There was an event that caused this, but I have to work on that.
In M34, he was assumed dead in a battle, and left to rot. But Nurgle came to him in his dreams. He was destined for more than just being a bodyguard. And so he set forth to gather men for his grand plan (which I have yet to find out what is).

Squad Flagrius
Marthos
Marthos served in the same squad as Morbidus prior to the Heresy. They were good friends. Marthos joined Morbidus in Chaos and due to their companionship, he was trusted with a squad.
    Though he does not admit it, he secretly hates Flagrius because of his popularity. He also has a deep resentment towards himself because of his (in his opinion) lack of skill/progress. He compares himself with Morbidus.

Flagrius
Allthough Marthos is the "official" leader of the squad, Flagrius is the one who makes the decisions.
Flagrius is a veteran from the 3rd Company (pre-heresy). His personality is fiery and very energetic. He is extremely impulsive and is also very well built.. or at least, he thinks he is. Flagrius is very devoted to Nurgle and -Always- tries to persuade his enemies to join the glorious fellowship of Grandfather Nurgle. If/when the enemy refuses, Flagrius tends to get insulted to the core of his being and launches attack after attack, untill there is nothing left of the enemy but decomposing flesh.
         In battle, Flagrius wields a perverted version of the imperial flamer. In stead of flames it spews forth a viral spray that very rapidly decomposes anything it touches. He is left handed.
Notes:
-None at the moment

July 18th: Finished 4 PM`s and worked a bit on my chosen.
July 19-22nd: Finished painting 6 Plague marines, and one Plague Champion. Also painted the "base" for one of the bikers. Pictures will be up within today.
August 2nd: Progress has stagnated a bit.. I failed to finish painting everything within the start of the month and I am trying to re-fill my Motivation-Goblet. I have worked a bit on background, which I will update within the end of the weekend.
August 4th:Fixed the post up a bit. Added some fluff 'n stuff.
« Last Edit: August 4, 2008, 05:26:42 PM by Grond »