News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Parasite kills itself  (Read 1765 times)

Offline faitherun (Fay-ith-er-run)

• Armies: Pointy Ears and bugs
Parasite kills itself
« on: July 29, 2012, 03:27:13 AM »
So as I was reading through the Nid codex again, looking at the feasibility of a flying MC list, I decided to re-evaluate the Parasite. I thought that due to it being a FMC that it could have some added survivability...  until I remembered the rule about FMC's crashing every now and then.

It would seem to me that (if I am reading this correctly), a Parasite shot out of the sky would insta-gib itself! Am I reading this correctly?
So, what your saying is it's not your fault you look stupid by using words you don't get?
Flawless logic.

Offline enlg

• I like editing stuff.
Re: Parasite kills itself
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 04:12:31 AM »
Luckily for you, the Parasite actually isn't a flying monstrous creature, so you will never have to stare bizarrely at the board as your parasite dies from a crash landing.

Actual Tyranid players can help you more on this, but people seem to put the Parasite in gargoyle broods. You'll probably want a squad for him to go with.

Offline faitherun (Fay-ith-er-run)

• Armies: Pointy Ears and bugs
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 09:37:25 AM »
Luckily for you, the Parasite actually isn't a flying monstrous creature, so you will never have to stare bizarrely at the board as your parasite dies from a crash landing.

Actual Tyranid players can help you more on this, but people seem to put the Parasite in gargoyle broods. You'll probably want a squad for him to go with.

...  :o

That is why, boys and girls, we should not try and do anything requiring brain cells past 1 am
So, what your saying is it's not your fault you look stupid by using words you don't get?
Flawless logic.

Offline GaleRazorwind

• Hormagaunt
  • Ziltoid Lives!
  • Armies: Nids, BA, CSM
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 01:22:31 PM »
Here is a funny thought on that note. What happens if the parasite gets mindshackled and he kills himself? Does he have to take a T test and spawn rippers?
Ziltoid is so omniscient, if there were to be two omnisciences, he would be both!

Offline Locarno

• Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Could I interest you in a small bribe?
« Reply #4 on: August 5, 2012, 05:44:59 PM »
Yes. He is making a close combat attack with his own rules - it's not like a daemon weapon or gets hot (where you just suffer a wound) - he's literally stabbed himself in the face.
Stories to read....
Songs of Earth
The Will to Survive Series

Tervigon Army List:
Games Played: 35
Termagants expended for the Hive Mind: ~2685