News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The 2nd 40konline UK Tournament [NOW WITH PICS ON PAGES 8 & 9!!!]  (Read 16140 times)

Offline Lanfeix

Re: The 40konline UK Tournament
« Reply #60 on: April 8, 2006, 09:04:13 AM »
22nd arrght damit i going back to swansea again! i will make one time i promise. good luck on your game

If YOU want to take part in the 40konline Tournament then just click on this banner

Offline small_furry_spider

• Council Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • www.small.furryspider.com
« Reply #61 on: April 8, 2006, 05:26:30 PM »
I did not get any details recently. Was there any info past the version 2 mail?

Offline Alias The Jester

• "Gurth gothrim lye"
« Reply #62 on: April 8, 2006, 06:43:17 PM »
Man, I'm gutted. Would have loved to join in. but with 40k being off line for a while I missed the call, and I am at a tournement at GW HQ on the 19th. Well " Hopfully next time !"

PS. If anyone else is at Warhammer World on Wed 19th April , Ask for the Chaplain and we can have a jaw and a beer .

CK
"Llie n'vanima ar' lle atara lanneina"

Offline Libertine

• Banned.
« Reply #63 on: April 9, 2006, 03:42:24 AM »
I did not get any details recently. Was there any info past the version 2 mail?
Sorry ive been trying to keep everyone up to date via email but its been hard to keep everyone posted. There was no major news and the plan is still to go ahead on the 22nd of ths month. Im going to send out a news letter today with all  the essential info so keep an eye out for that...

[EDIT]

Here it is...

The 40kOnline Tournament News Letter
Hey guys just getting in touch to let you know that despite 40konline being down for three weeks the 40konline tournament is going ahed as planned and is still scheduled for the 22nd of this month and all the details such as the 1,500 point level and the location remain the same. Here is a summary of the current state of affairs…

As previously mentioned Erriond (Nick) is provide a Gaming club for us which has 20+ gaming tables and loads of terrain etc… It is located in BrentCross (North London Zone 3 on the Northern Line.) This location has been selected as it is ideal for those of us travelling from outside London as it is located just 5minuets away from Golders Green coach station meaning that people will not need to splash out on expensive train fares to get to the tournament. If you need any details on transport then contact me at…

Email: Ryan_brookes@hotmail.co.uk
Phone: 0795 154 9128

Or if you need any details on parking or how to get to the club contact Erriond (Nick) at…

Email: leavenickanote@hotmail.com

Further to this if you need to book a coach from your area then please check out…

http://www.nationalexpress.com/

Date
As you know the date of the tournament is still the 22nd of April. Were going to start gaming at 12 but try to arrive for 11am so we can do the introductions and make final arrangements

Cost
The Cost of the event really depends on how many people attend currently were still looking at a cost of around £5. However the cost will be even lower if more people attend.

The Rules
Ok before 40konline crashed there was some controversy on the rules and whether or not to allow unofficial armies and units such as AC and flyers etc so after discussing it with other members we have reached the following compromises, I hope they are acceptable to everyone…

We will be playing 1,500 point games* with deep strike and infiltration in use on a 3+. The system for scoring will be based on the Conflict tournament system as follows…

The Conflict tournament system is a  good system in that it makes sure that you are playing someone of the same or similar level to yourself, so that way admiral nelsons and saddam husseins can all play other generals that are a same level as they! ensuring fun games for all.

Basically it awards a number of points based on the results of your games, with more points being awarded for a greater victory.
It works like this=

massacre = winner gets 20 points, loser gets 0
solid victory = winner get 17 points, loser gets 3
marginal victory = winner gets 13 points, loser gets 7
draw = each player gets 10 points

The idea is that before each round of games, the scores are worked out so that the top two players will play each other, the 3rd and 4 will play each other and so on. What this means is that experienced players will be facing of against other skilled players while relative noobs will play people of a similar skill level.

The only difference that we are making is that if a player feels that facing unofficial units such as AC or flyers etc would spoil their enjoyment of the tournament then they may switch opponents with someone who does not mind facing such units for example

If the person in 6th place is drawn against the person in 5rd who is fielding an Armoured Company then they may choose to switch opponents with the pair above them, and so the person in 6th will then be playing the person in 3rd and the person who is in 5th will be playing the person in 4th. If that is unclear then please contact me and ill have an other go at explaining it.

Other than that there are no real rules other than to have fun ;)

*don’t worry if you cant field an army this size just contact me and ill make arrangements for you)

Prizes
As mentioned there are no real prizes as such as this is a friendly tournament however the 1st 2nd and 3rd placed contestants will receive the following banners kindly created by our very own Oink….

The 1st 2nd and 3rd placed contestants at the last tournament will be displaying their prize banners shortly…

How to take Part
If you wish to take part in the Tournament the either email me @ Ryan_Brookes@hotmail.co.uk or make yourself known on the following thread.

Ps.. If anyone needs accommodation there are already a couple of members who are going to doss at my pad for the night but there is always room for a few more. I live in a pretty chilled out flat and my flat mates and I always have people stopping over, so this is no different so please don’t feel shy about asking. (Over 18s only obviously)
« Last Edit: April 9, 2006, 09:23:39 AM by Libertine »

Offline Col. Or'es'o (retired)

• Colonel
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • not quite dead last...
« Reply #64 on: April 9, 2006, 10:43:25 AM »
Very good to hear that it's still going ahead.  :)

ARGH!

so much painting and so many essays to do!

i will come if it is at all possible, but my army is gonna be tragically unpainted, so I apologise for that upfront. It's like, even worse than last time. I will however, try to get it fully assembled.   :-[

While I'm here I may as well also apologise for my extreme tactical awesomeness. Yeah, its gonna be memorable. ;D

Here's to not-dead-last!
Cheers!
Go little tau man! BANG BANG BANG!
Quote from: TheJester
How come everyone quotes Lomendil, and nobody ever quotes me?

Offline Jonik

• Field Marshal
  • Ancient
« Reply #65 on: April 9, 2006, 11:19:32 AM »
I'm not bothered if anything is unpainted. I regularly play against nfinished armies. In this case however, its not unreasonable to ask for 80% WYSIWYG is it not?

And I'm currently making sure all my transports are painted, (so at least my mech army looks ok when the troops arent on the table ;))
Tolaren 23rd Grenadiers - Jonik's Imperial Guard 'Tale'
Chariots of the Dead - Jonik's Tomb Kings 'Tale'

My BfSP Dwarfs in exchange for your BfSP Goblins! PM me! I'm still looking!

Offline Col. Or'es'o (retired)

• Colonel
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • not quite dead last...
« Reply #66 on: April 9, 2006, 12:38:48 PM »
100% WYSIWYG if folk can help it. I mean if for whatever reason folk dont have the models they need, Libertine has kindly offered to help sort them out.

As for me, my army is indeed whizzywig. But, all except the tanks are fully converted, so there is a couple of notes. Its fairly obvious though, like "that beastman wielding akimbo flamers counts as a guardsmen with heavy flamer", not like, "that pot of Goblin Green counts as a commissar".

Certainly not worse than women wearing nothing but ragged parchment having a 5+ save anyhow.  ::)
Go little tau man! BANG BANG BANG!
Quote from: TheJester
How come everyone quotes Lomendil, and nobody ever quotes me?

Offline Jonik

• Field Marshal
  • Ancient
« Reply #67 on: April 9, 2006, 01:26:14 PM »
Giving notes on conversions was what I meant for 80%, but thinking about it the occasional "this squad has 2 melta guns insead of the melta/flamer it is armed with now" type thing doesnt really bother me. But I can see it getting confusing...

EDIT

I'm going to need an exact address and rough timings (eg if the club is open for 8 hours, and opens at 10 say, then we can estimate it finishes at 6)

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 9, 2006, 03:53:37 PM by Jonik »

Offline Erand

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2006, 04:34:30 AM »
Here you go!

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=522799&y=189113&z=0&sv=NW4+4AJ&st=2&pc=NW4+4AJ&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf

Its a big church, you can't miss it!

Please note hendon central station in the bottom right hand corner of the map, any of you taking a bus to golders green can get the northern line (2 stops) to here and then its a 2 minute walk up the road (or call me and I will be happy to come and pick you up.

For timings you are going to have to ask Libertine but I think its arrive at 11 for a start of 12.

Please please please try to make it everyone, the more people we have the better!

Erriond
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 04:39:41 AM by Erriond »

• Council Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2006, 06:58:19 PM »
Is there parking at the church?

Offline Erand

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2006, 04:22:08 AM »
There are 3 spaces straight outside for anyone who might have difficulty with walking any distance (note that there are some stairs inside if this is the case) and a car park that will hold 50 or so cars to the left of the building so it shouldn't be too hard to find a space! As far as I know the car park is free on a saturday but I will double check.

Erriond

Offline Shas'Oink

• Sky Ray Pimp Daddy | Infinity Circuit | Ban me, I dare you! | The Fallen didn't fall, they were pushed. | Winner of the 2008 40K Online Longest Title Competition, awarded again with oak leaves, five years and running | Now with O:nkling! | Axe
  • Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
    • oinks overambitious terrain project(s)
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2006, 05:59:47 AM »
if its not free then i know that thre immediate roads have resident parking... though there are a few "free" spots hidden about (not gonna give anything away though... else ill have to walk ages!)

also... brent cross shopping centre is just down the road with free parking if it comes to it.

Offline Erand

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2006, 06:39:52 AM »
There are definatly places closer than brent x, worst case senario there is a pub car park 30m down the road. hmm... pub...

• Council Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2006, 01:58:26 PM »
I'm sorry guys, I won't be able to make it. My wife has already said that we are going to her best friends 30th  birthday party :( Have a great time without me. Maybe next time the forum won't break so I will have  more time to complain about the date before it is set in stone....

Offline Jonik

• Field Marshal
  • Ancient
« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2006, 02:00:07 PM »
So who's able to come? You got a list libertine?

And I'm slightly worried I wont have my army fully painted...

EDIT 2

Urm, I've just gone through my list, and I'm 1 point over. How strict are we being with the tourney rules? I *can* reshuffle, but if we're not being that strict...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 11:40:15 AM by Jonik »

Offline -bill-

• Haemonculus: 2007 London 40K Online RTT Champion
    • Pine Lodge IFAs
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2006, 07:04:21 AM »
So who's able to come? You got a list libertine?

Probably a good idea to post a list so that anyone can see if they've been missed off. Already researching a nice hotel with parking, bar and pool.

Offline Libertine

• Banned.
« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2006, 10:17:03 AM »
Ok this is a list of everyone who has expressed an interest. But the thing is I’ve got no idea of numbers until people show up on the day (at the last event people who I had only heard from once showed up  where as some people whi I was 90% sure about failed to show at the last moment) . Sooo in brackets next to the name I’ve put in how likely people are to show up (IMHO)…

Bill- (has a hotel researched so i guess he is a probable)
Chaplain Kerensky (cant make it, deffintly not)
Erriond (Erriond is the host and I’ve spoke to him on the phone so he is a definite)
Evil_Toast (Evil toast expressed an interest early on but I’ve not heard from him in a while so I guess he is a maybe)
foresttim – (Foresttim is another dude I’ve not heard from in a while but he was very enthusiastic so I guess he is a probable.)
g00gle5 –(Google5 is very keen so I guess that’s a 90% probable.)
Godofsmallthingys – (unfortunately this guy cant make it so it’s a defiantly not.)
Hymirl – (Hymil says he is going to be there and seems keen so I guess he’s a probable)
Ichigo – (Ichigo was at the last tournament and is going to do her best to make it to this one, she’s a 90% probable I guess)
Jonik (Jonik has been very enthusiastic about this all the way through, I reckon he’s another 90%er)
Kelayatrene – (I’ve got no idea about Kelayatrene, he lives near by and has expressed an interest in playing but only if its at the 1,500 point level. Thing is I’ve not heard to much from him so guess  he is a probably not.)
Lanfeix – Lanfex has gone from being a definite, to a defiantly not and now a probably not. He’s is trying to get a coach from Wales organised and may be able to make it but may not.)
Libertine (after all this har work you know im gonna be there, so im a deffinate)
Lorizael – (Lorizael has had to pull out due to his wife making him go to some stupid birthday party. I’m afraid he is a defiantly not.)
Lt Col. Or'es'o - (Lt Col. Or'es'o was at the last tournament and lost all his games. He is very keen to make this event to avenge his defeats; I guess he is a 90%er)
Master Gunner Wellard (Master Gunner Wellard was at the last event and is doing his best to be at this one, I guess hes a 70%er)
Meteorain (missed the last event due to sickness but is very keen this time I guess hes a 70%)
oink (oink was at the last event and has been heavily involved during the organising of this one. He’s also bringing along with him 4 or 5 members of this site  who have not been around for a while so I guess Oink is a definite + 5 probables)
Pauk777 (Pauk777  at the last event and is keen to avenge his semi final defeat to oink. He is also coming along with some members who have not been around this place for a looooong time. Pauk777 is also a definite + 5 probables)
Seer in the Dark (Seer in the Dark can’t make it any more so is a defiantly not)
small_furry_spider (small_furry_spider can’t make it any more so is a defiantly not)
Swiper (Swiper livs in London and has been keen alt the way through he is a probable bordering a definite)
Twistedstorytella (the 3rd) (Twistedstorytella cant make it ‘cos his mother is making him attend a family wedding, he is a defiantly not)
Void Dragion (I’ve not hear from him in ages so probably not)
Zany Reaper (I’ve not hear from him in ages and he livs alnogn way away so probably not)
Princep Smithes (I’ve not hear from him in ages so probably not)

So in total I make that (including the probables being brought along by Oink and Pauk777)

Defiantly: 4
Probably: 19
Maybe: 1
Probably not: 5
Defiantly not: 5

Realistically I guess we can expect a turnout in the region of 15 – 20 people. It’s a little less than I would have hoped for but it should still be enough for a great day and is more than twice the number we had at the last one.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 10:23:42 AM by Libertine »

Offline Jonik

• Field Marshal
  • Ancient
« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2006, 11:49:55 AM »
Me again.

I don't suppose we could be given information such as points (is it 1500 NOTHING OVER)? Do we need multiple army lists? Do we need to bring the BGB?  etc etc

Offline Libertine

• Banned.
« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2006, 03:43:46 PM »
were playing 1,500 point games so i guess just bring along a 1,500 point force, one army list and your relevent codex. If you have a spare BGB then please bring it along, but were cool for stuff like terrain and dice etc...

Offline Jonik

• Field Marshal
  • Ancient
« Reply #79 on: April 15, 2006, 03:47:57 PM »
I think I gave the wrong idea there. 1 army list of course, but do we need multiple copies for opponents etc?

And 1500 is 1500 tops, right, not 1501?