News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Mixing in unconventional units  (Read 1297 times)

Offline Denoraxia

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Mixing in unconventional units
« on: August 3, 2015, 07:12:13 AM »
So I have an Imperial guard army and I know for a fact you can have cadian linesmen with krieg cavalry etc etc but what about Elysians? I figured that since they have their own codex it works a little differently. I read somewhere they can come in as an alliance/battle brother army. I dont want to throw out however much on some pretty drop troops only to find out I cant use them at tourneys or whatever

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
Re: Mixing in unconventional units
« Reply #1 on: August 3, 2015, 09:01:48 AM »
Elysians have an army list from one of Forgeworld's Imperial Armor books (not sure which one), so if you were to use that list, you'd probably find it wouldn't be legal with some tournaments (though it would vary).

You could also always use Elysians as basic guardsmen, perhaps mounted in Valkyries. Then you wouldn't really have the problem.

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
Re: Mixing in unconventional units
« Reply #2 on: August 3, 2015, 09:41:41 AM »
As above.

An Elysian model with a Lasgun can easily be used as a Guardsman / Veteran in a standard Astra Militarum army. I can't remember if they have access to ususual equipment, like a "Lascutter" or something, but you just wouldn't be able to use that model as a WYSIWYG anything... except maybe a meltabomb.

They have Drop Sentinels, that you probably couldn't use with the Deep Strike rules, but you could still use them as regular sentinels.

And that's only if FW is disallowed. Not everyone disallows FW, just some. So if FW is allowed, you could run them as battle brother allies to a standard Guard list.