News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Ynnari FAQ is out  (Read 4727 times)

Offline cabie22 (Thread-Jacker)

• i can ride my bike with no handlebars
Re: Ynnari FAQ is out
« Reply #20 on: April 9, 2017, 04:21:10 PM »
Yea sure, but the blessing would effect friendly ynarri wraithguard would it not?
I wish i had some wraithbone

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #21 on: April 9, 2017, 06:19:40 PM »
One thing that I was very surprised to see in The faq was that ynarri cannot "gain battle focus by any means"

I understand this ruling for full time rule bonuses such as the wraith host that straight up gets battle focus, or that special harlequin troupe that has battle focus.

What really disappointed me I guess was that, without including such a rule in the errata, GW nullified the effects of the Iyanden runes of battle primaris psychic power, a blessing that temporarily grants battle focus to a very specific variety of units.

I am left wondering if this was intentional, or just a by product of preventing units from gaining battle focus from things like the wraith host formation.

Not to beat a dead horse, but I guess I just think it's odd that GW would make a certain psychic power straight up bot work on the units it was intended to work on.

They also don't sell that book anymore, so I don't think they really put it into consideration either. Is the supplement event legal to use anymore? I thought it wasn't.

If there is a power they have, it'll effect battle brothers just fine.

The rules for Ynnari says

However, units with the Ynnari Faction lose the Ancient Doom, Battle Focus and Power From Pain special rules, if they have them.

It's unclear if the model can 'regain' battlefocus during the game or not. I'd err on the side of they would lose the ability whenever they gain it.

Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline cabie22 (Thread-Jacker)

• i can ride my bike with no handlebars
« Reply #22 on: April 9, 2017, 07:24:24 PM »
Yea, it's just a gripe that I have. Good point about the age of the suppliment.

The most recent eldar faq says codex iyanden is still legal. But I'm sure it's age has excluded it from consideration for FAQS like this one.

Good call.
I wish i had some wraithbone