News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1500 - Black Templars  (Read 1477 times)

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
1500 - Black Templars
« on: November 15, 2015, 12:58:33 PM »
Here's an effort at a 1500 pt Black Templar list, using some of the models outlined here...

Black Templars, need input. 1250-1500

230 - Chapter Master: Terminator Armour, Combi-Plasma, Power Fist, The Shield Eternal
200 - Terminator Squad [5]: 1x Chainfist, Assault Cannon

140 - Emperor's Champion:
164 - Crusader Squad [1+5+3]: Sword Brother w/ Power Axe, Melta Bombs, Initiate with Power Axe, Initiate with Flamer, 3x Initiate with Bolt Pistol, CCW, 3x Neophyte with Bolt Pistol, CCW
260 - Land Raider: Multi-Melta

182 - Crusader Squad [1+7+2]: Sword Brother w/ Power Axe, Melta Bombs, Initiate with Power Axe, Initiate with Flamer, 5x Initiate with Bolt Pistol, CCW, 2x Neophyte with Bolt Pistol, CCW
40 - Rhino: Storm Bolter, Dozer Blade

105 - Devastator [5]: Signum, 2x Plasma Cannon, Armourium Cherub
35 - Rhino: Storm Bolter

105 - Devastator [5]: Signum, 2x Plasma Cannon, Armourium Cherub
35 - Rhino: Storm Bolter

Soooo... Heavy Anti-Tank requires lucky rending rolls, The Land Raider to have delivered it's cargo, or clamping melta-bombs. There's also the CM's Orbital Bombardment. Not great, but not awful, thanks to PotMS.

The CM in Terminator Armour with TSE allows an Orbital Strike while moving, thanks to the Termie Armour. Normally this would not be the case. TSE allows the CM to tank wounds for the Termies on landing from DS, which is a weakness of theirs. Having the Combi-Plasma gives him a 2nd turn of "good shooting" to work with the Assault Cannon. Assuming they arrive on the 2nd turn, they've got useful shooting until the 3rd turn, lots of survivability [for Termies] for those turns [LOS any 2+ savable wound to a chump] and hopefully by the 4th turn they've have made an assault. But if not, they'll still be a tough nut to crack, and can probably hold an objective till the end of the game.

The Emp Champ joins some Crusaders in a Land Raider. The "Godhammer" variant was chosen, as the list is painfully light on Anti-Tank. Between the two Crusader squads, I've spread 5 "scouts" so they only need to buy one box of them.

I put the Devs into two squads, to increase the benefit of the Signum, purchase two Cherubs, and put them in Mehtuhl Bawkzez. Each squad can benefit from the increased survivability [put the Rhinos in cover!], can still fire 2 guns from the hatch, and generally be optimal in that role.

Plus, thanks to the wording for Righteous Zeal, if you happen to scatter Plasma Cannons onto your own dudes, they could get Rage. "Hey, our own guys are shooting us! I'm so mad I'm gonna chop these heretics extra-good!"

So yeah, there we go.

Offline Neo-Buzzard

• I tire of these games....
  • Armies: Deathguard w/ Demons, & Space Wolves w/ Skitarri
Re: 1500 - Black Templars
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 10:11:09 PM »
this is awesome, thank you. i have some scouts for my space wolves that never see the table so maybe I'll give him those too.

One question, the chapter master in TA how does he get 3 weapons? the combi-plas, the p-fist and the shield (since iirc the shield replaces a weapon)
Quote - YuenglingDragon:  Kharn is an unholy ass-kicker.  Makes perfect sense to me.  Blood for the Blood God and anti-grav engines for his awesome flying throne.

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 07:00:16 AM »
Ooops, my bad. I forgot that the "Chapter Relics" also replace a weapon. Ditch the Combi-Weapon then, it's worth a Meltabomb. I'd normally put a CM on a Bike without a Combi, I was just thinking it would be handy since you wouldn't be jinking. :)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 07:02:37 AM by Spectral Arbor »

Offline davethemadorctwo

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3 on: December 3, 2015, 06:21:04 AM »
i never bother with termies in a crusader army .... and you look painfully thin on anti-air - unless nobody brings any... ever

never even looked at cherubs... will get book out ...