News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: First guard list 1000 points  (Read 1348 times)

Offline Anarchic Guardsman

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
  • Armies: Imperial Guard
First guard list 1000 points
« on: April 17, 2014, 05:05:27 PM »
This is my first ever Imperial Guard Astra Militarum list. Advice would be much appreciated.

HQ
Company Command Squad - 135 points
Commissar, Power sword
Company Commander, Power sword
1x Flamer
2x CCW and Laspistol
1x Regimental Standard

Elites
Bullgryns - 145 Points
Bone 'ead, GG+S
2x GG+S

Troops
Infantry Platoon 1 - 215 points
Command Squad
1x Plasma Gun
Infantry Squad
1x Plasma Gun
1x Lascannon
Infantry Squad
1x Plasma Gun
1x Lascannon

Infantry Platoon 2 - 150 points
Command Squad
3x CCW and Laspistol
1x Heavy Flamer
Infantry Squad
1x Flamer
Infantry Squad
1x Flamer

Fast Attack
Hellhound - 130 Points

Heavy Support
Hydra - 70 Points

Leman Russ Executioner - 155 Points

Total - 1000 Points

Offline ranger_scout

• For the Emperor and the Imperium!
Re: First guard list 1000 points
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 06:38:59 PM »
Well some things to say in general not that many or any of us here have much experience with the new book.

The company command squad seems a bit for a loss of it's purpose?   with a single flamer and CCW I am amusing you are going to go with CC with them and the bulgryns.  I am also not sure where the commissar is going?

Lots of HQ units you can use primas physkers look very good as an option as they can cast divination.  " re rolls" this will help with gets hot rules on the plasma guns.

My next point is the plas las combo it is okay but expensive and kinda to mixed in purpose?  unless you try the split fire order.  I would say drop las cannons and get some physker if you want to run plasma so it does not blow up on you.

Maybe make one platoon formation as well as then the 2 PCS are not as much of 2 free kill points with one decent gun that an enemy can easily take out.   again a heavy weapon back feild on objectives would be smart or nothing to just use them for the orders.

The other squad should take higher AV weapons instead the IG are not good and CC and flamers mean you are getting to close to that to use them.

As for vehicles they seem alight got AT, AA and low av but try to use prescience again on the executioner or it will hull point it's self to death.

Mainly change the CCS and platoons to try and achieve one thing such as long range support or anti infantry.   The CCS in this book gives you a lot of options so maybe a MOO would be useful or other things.  In general I feel the army is not geared up to achieve one thing, if that makes sense?

Also new book so for a while other then general advice you have to kinda play around a bit to see what works best.

But good luck and welcome to the guard!

Offline Anarchic Guardsman

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
  • Armies: Imperial Guard
Re: First guard list 1000 points
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 07:21:30 PM »
Thanks! I will tweak it a bit from my current "oh that looks interesting, I'll use that." to something more useful. Is it worth swapping the platoons out for vets in some kind of transport to make them last longer?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 08:03:34 PM by Anarchic Guardsman »