News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Model alternatives for the Daemon Prince?  (Read 18040 times)

Offline Don

• Contemplating your downfall
Re: Model alternatives for the Daemon Prince?
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2008, 05:14:25 PM »
mind you my other DP is based on the Balrog model and is bloody huuuge!

Wow! picturepicturepictu re! :)

I absolutely love the Balrog model. But the fact that I can't use it in tourneys is a too big turn off for me :'(

//T
"The torch of civilization does not light candles, it burns villages"

Offline Onanon

• I Killed O'Rum!
  • Greased and good to go.
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2008, 05:53:31 PM »
I use the Living Saint model. Looks like it has the saves for a DP, and looks good when mounted on a 40mm base. It requires some conversion to be made 'kekeke' though. Mine's a bound daemonhost.

She's also anointed in blood procured when a knife slipped while trimming flash. She has never failed me.
I like what you're doing, but none the less... It's pretty freakin' messed up. Which is cool. Great ideas and concepts, but again, pretty freakin' messed up.
Lol.

Offline Don

• Contemplating your downfall
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2008, 06:13:42 PM »
ooh, that sounds cool too. I don't think I'm the only one that would like pics :)

//T
"The torch of civilization does not light candles, it burns villages"

Offline Lorizael

• GW Shill: Infinity Circuit: Synergistic Spotter of Numpties
  • Ancient
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2008, 08:22:10 AM »
mind you my other DP is based on the Balrog model and is bloody huuuge!

Wow! picturepicturepictu re! :)

I absolutely love the Balrog model. But the fact that I can't use it in tourneys is a too big turn off for me :'(

//T

heh, not quite finished yet. Basically my background for him is that before turning traitor he was a Chaplain. He led a band of his marines away from the Imperium and formed a large warband dedicated to Khorne before eventually becoming a Daemon Prince.

So my Balrog has large power-armoured shoulder pads and breastplate fused into his body. I used the Defiler skull face and used greenstuff to fuse that to the Balrog head so it looks like a Chaplain's helmet. I also made a Chaos-Crozius from plasticard, tubes and chaos spikey bits and used the High Elf dragon spines along the balrog's back in place of the flames.

Most of the main work is done I just need to do some detailing and finishing off.
I'll post him when he's all done.

Offline BaconTaser

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2008, 09:37:15 PM »
I use the Living Saint model. Looks like it has the saves for a DP, and looks good when mounted on a 40mm base. It requires some conversion to be made 'kekeke' though. Mine's a bound daemonhost.

(Image removed from quote.)
She's also anointed in blood procured when a knife slipped while trimming flash. She has never failed me.

She'd make an excellent Lash Prince.

kekekekekekekeke

Offline Gornak

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2008, 07:31:22 PM »
i want to do a slaanesh DP but i dont want to use the belaklor model because i already have one for my Tzeentch DP. I really hate the 40k one so what could i use? I've been thinking of using a greater daemon of slaanesh for the head and body but eh.

Offline Sputnik

• Colonel, Best Painted Open Comp.
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • No rules, just ride.
    • My Gallery
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2008, 07:33:34 PM »
i want to do a slaanesh DP but i dont want to use the belaklor model because i already have one for my Tzeentch DP. I really hate the 40k one so what could i use? I've been thinking of using a greater daemon of slaanesh for the head and body but eh.

There's a Slaaneshi Daemon Prince from the fantasy line.

All the Emperor requires of us guardsmen is that we stand the line and we die fighting. It is what we do best. We die standing.

Offline spotaflint33

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2008, 01:08:52 AM »
Actually in addition to the wonderful suggestions posted (and way out of my league) i have seen a lot done with the necron/tomb king/eldar ranges.  As suggested I have seen a bone giant before, but I have also seen some other unique takes.   I see a lot done with the c'tan and if you have the WD issue for the BT launch you can see a killer example(deciever+ushtabi+wraithguard).  Anything that is big and kind of god like will do.  I have seen some decent avitar uses but you need to make it not avitar looking.  If you can convert try one of those. 

Also I love the stock DP i would happily use one

Offline rushdrill

• "Prais be to... Ouch! That hurt!"
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2008, 02:51:49 PM »
For a Slaanesh DP I am using a Freebooter 30mm Scale Succubus (larger than a normal model I hope). I should receive it by the end of the week or early next week.

Here is the link to what it looks like.

http://www.freebooterminiatures.com/

Click on Shop then, click on Miniaturen, then find the Succubus third row down in the middle. This will be my only non GW model for my army so it should be OK.

Equipped with, Flight, Might, Aura, Musk, Transfixing, & Daemonic Gaze.

-Dan
"Life leads you, you don't lead life."

Offline Tamuz

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2008, 06:22:28 PM »
Looks ideal. Only problem is not being able to use it for competition (which may or may not be an issue). Good find tho

Offline rushdrill

• "Prais be to... Ouch! That hurt!"
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2008, 08:13:38 PM »
Looks ideal. Only problem is not being able to use it for competition (which may or may not be an issue). Good find tho

If the rules have changed, but as I use to understand only the LOTR is off limits as due to copyright stuff, and that at least something like 90% of your army is GW then it is legal.

-Dan

"Life leads you, you don't lead life."

Offline ozzfann0666

• Death is Overrated. Chaos is not.
    • My Dice Suck
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2008, 08:21:23 PM »
That succubus is absolutely awesome, especially for people with succubi tattoos (i.e. me!) and should be perfectly acceptable in casual play. Most opponents are pretty forgiving, especially when you have a regular gaming group.

Offline typhon

• Wych | Free Boota Ork
  • warboss of the SUN and DA MOON orks
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2008, 11:12:14 PM »
I like the old one got one painted great don't use it much.. :-\

i have a demon prince of nurgle with custom wings about ready for paint..\

plus I'm working on a scratch  built demon prince on slaneesh  not quite done but close..

Offline Brash

• Titan Games
  • Armies: Chaos Space Marines
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2008, 11:03:02 AM »
Right now i have the original daemon prince model and gave it the wings from the tzeetch greater daemon and use some green stuff to give him a touch of nurgle.

I am currently working on a slaanesh daemon prince using the necron deceiver model, I am almost done the conversion and could post some pics when it is done. So far i've cut off his right arm (the one that is pointing into the distance) and used paper clips twisted together to form a lash whip. I also broke the wings off the backpack from the new possesed sprue and glued them onto his back.
Ave Dominus Nox

Offline fodder

« Reply #34 on: August 7, 2008, 10:22:57 PM »
I'm in the proccess of converting my demon prince using a skaven vermin lord from fantasy, and the wings from akraham the black's chariot (tho i expect the latter part is not made anymore).

-G

Offline Sheep

« Reply #35 on: August 8, 2008, 07:05:40 AM »
Forgeworld does an amazing Slaanesh Demon, I think it's intended as a GD, but could do as a DP even better IMO.
Constipated people don't give a amphetamine parrot!

Offline Exalted One

• Maker of invisible seams
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2008, 04:11:39 PM »
I've ordered the Navis Nobilitai Inquisitor model to make me a Tzeench Lord.  ;D I have some extra Lord of Change heads lying around, and was planning to make  archangel style wings from plasticard.

Long wait till the mini gets here from GB, though... *twiddles tumbs*
The glass is not half full. If its half full its not my glass. MY glass was entirely full! And bigger!

Offline iAgent

• I intend to live forever - so far, so good
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2008, 04:18:17 PM »
I've ordered the Navis Nobilitai Inquisitor model to make me a Tzeench Lord.  ;D I have some extra Lord of Change heads lying around, and was planning to make  archangel style wings from plasticard.

Long wait till the mini gets here from GB, though... *twiddles tumbs*

I would definitely be onboard to see some pics in the near future.  so hurry it up!  ;)

Offline Dallas Drake

• Sin Deep my Wicked Angels
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2008, 06:30:19 PM »
I made my Nurgle DP out of a spawn box (body), then used wings & bits from a possessed marine box set; finally, I just went to town with green stuff & any pieces I needed from m bits box. It looks great & nobody will have a DP like it... I hope.

Offline Raven

« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2008, 07:02:58 PM »
After doing hefty ammounts of work on the regular prince, I can now state that he is VERY convertable.

I sort of knew this before, via "alf" my pink demon prince, and a tzeentch one I parted ways with many moons ago. (Had a bird head, long neck and wings).

The newest (and member of my nurgle demon army) is Here.