News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 75 PL Ynnari Mechdar for List-Building Competition  (Read 867 times)

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
75 PL Ynnari Mechdar for List-Building Competition
« on: August 1, 2017, 07:26:49 PM »
74PL
Battalion

HQ - 22 PL
Asurmen
Farseer
Yvraine

Troops 13 PL
Dire Avengers with Exarch carrying two Avenger Shuriken Cat's - Total of 5 bodies in the Squad.
Dire Avengers with Exarch carrying two Avenger Shuriken Cat's - Total of 5 bodies in the Squad.
Troupe - All armed with Fusion Pistols and Caress

Heavy 15 PL
3 War Walkers armed with Bright Lance and AML.

Flyer 10 PL
Hemlock

Transports 14 PL
Starweaver
Wave Serpent - Shuriken Cannon, Twin StarCannons, and all the mech upgrades.

Asurmen and the Farseer all get cosy with the Dire Avengers, jumping out at some point to blast infantry or hold an objective.

The Harlies and Yvraine hang out in the Starweaver, if needed she can force a SB and they in turn can help keep her alive :) The can hunt tanks fairly well and still take out infantry.

War Walker hang out in the back, sniping tanks and if required can still do some damage to infantry thanks to the AML's.

Hemlock rips stuff up, but it can also pop along side the DA's an pop a conceal bubble.

The Wave can still be used to hunt Termies and light tanks fairly well, thanks to those Starcannons, and can still dish out a good number of shots for anti infantry.

Given that number of Psykers and the speed they can move around, there is also a good chance of being able to at least roll to block an enemies spells.

Offline volatilegaz

• Aspect Warrior
  • I'm dead inside.
  • Armies: Eldar, Just starting Necrons
Re: 75 PL Ynnari Mechdar for List-Building Competition
« Reply #1 on: August 2, 2017, 04:47:21 AM »
I looked at doing a similar list, but I couldn't squeeze in enough Dire Avengers / Serpents to make best use of Asurmen's buffs without sacrificing anti tank. I think you're in a similar situation.

I'm AFB right now, but could you swap the Walkers for a DAVU Falcon? You'd loose some of your AT, but with the fusion harlies and a doom seer, I think you'd still be OK. And more DAs seem a great option in a PL list with Asurmen and a farseer.

The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit.

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: 75 PL Ynnari Mechdar for List-Building Competition
« Reply #2 on: August 2, 2017, 06:26:19 PM »
Yeah, but at that PL you can squeeze in a LoW, so its a tough call, but for me, I don't like things that degrade, my opponent doesn't have to kill it outright and with only 3 AT shots, its not that hard to slap it down in a single turn. With the War walkers I loose shots but the ones left behind will still hit fairly consistently and they can put out a solid amount of anti-infantry if needed.

I was also considering a CWE variant of this as well, but I pop in Jainzar instead of Yvraine and the Hariles get swapped over with scorpions in a wave, they all hang out together. JZ's stops the Overwatch, then the scorpions just go to town.  The CC wave would be running Starcannons to make use of the targeting matrix, while the DA's wave would get brightlances.

In both there is also an argument for swapping the Farseer out for a concealing warlock, but you kind of want two of them.