News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: WotW: June Junkyard Battle  (Read 4320 times)

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
WotW: June Junkyard Battle
« on: June 13, 2012, 07:42:07 AM »
Oi! 
Da big bad Warlord OD is back, and in honor of the the Junkyard: Gitz it Done Event the bosses and I have devised a mean Special Mission.  It won't be an easy one folks, but it will be fun, and bring honor to your boyz.  Oh, and a few teef or so.  Much more if you are a participant in the Junkyard: Gitz it Done Event, but that of course doesn't preclude you from playing this mission and earning yourself some teef!  Although please note you only have until the end of the month to play this one.

Mission: Oi I Need That!!!

Mission Summary
A Madboy as mistaken a vital piece of gubbinz for his favorite hat before wandering out into the middle of a battlefield.  If possible retrieve both the Gubbinz and the Madboy for a propa execution by Da Boss.

• This is a Modified Capture and Control mission with one Objective (The Madboy) and a Pitched Battle Deployment.
  • Deployment/first turn is decided by a roll-off and Seize the Initiative is allowed.
  • There is one Objective (The Madboy) with special rules below, to win the game a player must have either the Madboy connected to one of their units or in the event of his death be controlling the objective counter placed where he died, a tie in the event that the counter is contested.
  • In the event the game ends while the Madboy is with a unit engaged in CC the game ends in a tie.
  • Game length is determined using the standard rules for "Ending the Game" found on pg 90 of the BRB.
  • Reserves, and the USR's for Scout, Infiltrate, Deep Strike, and Outflank are all allowed.

Scenario Special Rules
Madboy Objective:
   The Madboy is a mobile objective and is placed in the center of the table at the beginning of the game.  He counts as a standard Ork Boy, except by a mixture of insane luck, shiny bitz, an innate ability to tap into the latent psychic ability of the Orks, and the blessings of the Ork gods Gork and Mork, the Madboy has: 3 Wounds, a 2+ Invulnerable Save, and the Eternal Warrior USR.  The Madboy can be shot at by either side with saves rolled by the opposing player.

The Madboy moves D6" in a random direction determined by a Scatter Die at the beginning of the turn.  When a model of either army reaches the Madboy in base to base contact, the Madboy is placed under control of that player and is treated as an Independent Character, however the Madboy cannot enter a Transport (simply put he's afraid of them, even the Orky ones). 

In Close Combat the Madboy will never attack but join the victor, imagine him jumping up and down and cheering on the brawl.  However because he is treated as an Independent Character he can be targeted in Close Combat.  Additionally while he is on his own he can be assaulted, after which if he survives he will join the unit that attacked him, imagine that he just starts hugging and kissing his attackers and very poorly singing Give Peace a Chance.

If the Madboy is killed replace him with a standard objective counter.  This counter remains a stationary objective until the end of the game.

Skeetergod's Rule:
If this Optional Rule is in play than you'll earn an extra toof, it may also add a bit more fun and flavor to the game!
In the event that the Madboy is killed No One Can Win!  (Well technically the word is draw, or tie)  This dissuades your opponent from outwardly trying to kill the Madboy 1st turn, and makes certain things like the SAG weapon's ordnance template more hazardous!

Teef Scoring
Lets face it everyone wants to earn teef, its the gravy on top of playing a fun non-standard mission like this one!  Unlike other WotW special missions this one requires a BatRep to be posted in the Campaigns and Battle Reports Forum and a link to it in this thread with a mini review of the outcome, and if you used your Junkyard project in the fight.  As for writing a BatRep, I know it can be annoying, but do your best, the bosses are watching.

Here's the breakdown of teef...
5 Teef if you play the game and post a BatRep
---or---
10 Teef for posting the BatRep and using the unit you're working on for the Junkard Build Event
---or---
15 Teef for posting the BatRep and your Junkyard Build Event unit survived the fight

Extra Modifiers
+1 Teef for winning the match
+1 Teef for using Skeetergod's Rule
-1 Teef for the Madboy dying (Your Warboss wants him alive so he can kill him!)

Links to Batreps

Peace
~OD
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 07:34:01 PM by OD from TV »
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Re: WotW: June Junkyard Battle
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 09:15:56 AM »
Looks like fun, just missing a couple of details. Like; what is the set up? What is the game length? What is the victory condition, control the mad boy or the hat, or get him off the board, or have him in your deployment zone, etc.?

And (sorry for so much extra questioning, I will send a grot for you to kick later this afternoon) if the mad boy is in with the enemy can he be used by the enemy to fight against the orks?

Anyways, I am in, as soon as she who must be obeyed lets me go, I will get over to my LGS and pick a fight.  ;D
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline -V-

• Infinity Circuit | O:nk's my painting bitch | Ork Yoof
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Fear the Shuriken
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 10:44:34 AM »
This sounds like a fun game, definitely going to try and get a game in to play this.  It seems like a perfect fluffy game for a new warband just joining together.  A fledgling warboss trying to keep everyone together, a boy stepping out of line that needs teaching a lesson and something that a Mekboy needs to carry on his inventions before the boyz go off to war for real!

Looking forward to seeing what I can put together for this and using it as motivation to keep the waaagh growing. Even if i can only piece together a small points value game its a start :)

Offline Shas'Oink

• Sky Ray Pimp Daddy | Infinity Circuit | Ban me, I dare you! | The Fallen didn't fall, they were pushed. | Winner of the 2008 40K Online Longest Title Competition, awarded again with oak leaves, five years and running | Now with O:nkling! | Axe
  • Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
    • oinks overambitious terrain project(s)
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 10:48:37 AM »
Will need to take you up on your offer Valar... but I'm gonna make sure you get your teef kicked in. And I reckon I can get enough shooting on that crazy Madboy to kill him dead and maybe even make you lose a few teef! hehe!

-1 Teef for the Madboy dying (Your Warboss wants him alive so he can kill him!)

Love it!

Let me know how many points you can muster in your likkle waagh... (aka: mild disturbance) and I'll see what we can do about meeting up.

Offline -V-

• Infinity Circuit | O:nk's my painting bitch | Ork Yoof
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Fear the Shuriken
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 12:06:24 PM »
Oh you did not just call me out in public and call my WAAAGH a mild disturbance or Likkle!!  I fink im gonna av to bash your skull in and teach yoo a lesson... Stupid pink oomie!!

WAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHH H!

Offline Ginger farseer

• Ork Yoof
  • Armies: Space wolves, Eldar, Orks
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 02:45:52 PM »
Is their a deadline for when the battle and the report have to be in by?

Also, are the teef totals effected by the doubling this month, or is it already taken into account?

Finaly, does the double teef affect the -1 for the madboy dying?

Oh, and please can you change the wording of the rules, so it is plus one took for not loosing (orks never loose ;))
Be nice to nerds, you'll probably be working for them.

What if by 'fly you fools'  Gandalf was actually telling the fellowship to call the eagles and fly to Mordor?

"Thunder rolled... It rolled a six"

+++Melon melon melon+++
+++out of cheese error redo from start+++
+++Divide by cucumber error. Please reinstall universe and reboot+++

Offline OD from TV

• Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 06:29:24 PM »
Skeetergod I've been kicking that Grot quite thoroughly.  I think you might need to get a new one, this one is kinda covered in red sticky gore.

In any case I do apologize for the slight confusion, it was 4am when I posted this and I thought I had the kinks worked out, but I apparently left out some key information, which is part of the main post now, but to ensure clarity I'll write the answers below.  Please do forgive as I haven't written a special mission for the WotW in something like a year (maybe year and a half).  In any case the point of it is to have a fun one off game which works for any point level (although I'd think it much harder in a small point game).

what is the set up?
Pitched Battle Deployment, ie table edges.  The USR's for Scout, Infiltrate, Deep Strike, and Outflank are all allowed, as is Reserves.

Quote from: SKEETERGOD
What is the game length?
5 to 7 turns, rolling for turn 6 and 7 as described on pg 90 of the BRB.

What is the victory condition, control the mad boy or the hat, or get him off the board, or have him in your deployment zone, etc
To win the game a player must be in control of the Madboy on the final turn, ie the Madboy as joined a unit under that player's control.  In the event that the game ends and the Madboy is by his lonesome self treat him as if he is a standard objective and check if there is a unit close enough to have captured it.  If not the game ends in a tie.  In the event that the Madboy is killed, remember he is replaced with a standard objective which need be captured to win the game.  In the event of the objective being contested, the game ends in a tie.
As for getting him in your deployment zone, not necessary, but it would probably make it considerably harder for your opponent to get control of the Madboy that way, so that is a good bit of strategy for all the Boyz.

if the mad boy is in with the enemy can he be used by the enemy to fight against the orks?
To make matters much much more simplified, in Close Combat the Madboy will never attack but always join the victorious unit, picture him jumping up and down cheering on the fight.  However do note that has he counts as an Independent Character when joined to a unit he can be targeted in Close Combat.

Ok I think that covers all the rules, if anyone else finds any holes let me know, I am terribly embarrassed that there were such errors in my initial posting, again I beg the forum's forgiveness.

Oink and Valar, Valar and Oink.  I'll wait till the dust settles to see who will win that one, but I'm rather sure that bout could easily get the attention of a WotW betting pool. 

Is their a deadline for when the battle and the report have to be in by?
Yes, the batrep and a post here linking to it must be in by June 30 11:59.  Please don't ask me what timezone, I'll let you use your usual timezone as a deciding factor, but note that I plan on locking the thread and start counting up the teef shortly after the midnight hour strikes here in Cali.

Quote from: Ginger farseer
Also, are the teef totals effected by the doubling this month, or is it already taken into account?
What?  Err... Ok, so I forgot about teef totals being doubled at the end of the month, I believe that is Skeetergod's purview not mine.  Has I understand it, at the end of the month whatever teef were earned will double, they are not immediately doubled on the spot.  As with most questions on teef, I'd ask our Master of Molars Skeetergod, but in the end when you think about it, even if there isn't a doubling, a potential 16 teef is pretty dang good.

does the double teef affect the -1 for the madboy dying?
Mathematical order of operations in this would be as such I believe 10 teef for posting batrep and using a Junkyard project - 1 teef for the madboy dying=9 teef.  Then if the doubling is applicable (which like I said is not my department talk to Skeetergod) that is when the doubling would apply = 18.

Oh, and please can you change the wording of the rules, so it is plus one took for not loosing (orks never loose ;))
True Orks never loose, which is why one would still earn teef if they loose the match.  The modifier is there to give extra incentive to winning the match, think of it as a bonus that Da Boss gives you for a good scrap.

In the end everybody should remember that this is meant to be a fun one off game.  Should any other rule confusion arise let me know, I meant for everything to be clear, but it seems I'm just as absent minded as the Madboy in this mission.

Peace
~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 08:38:55 AM »
Well I played a few games of this scenario and have modified it slightly.

Let me explain. In every game the opponents would go about killing off the mad boy on turn one, and then play king of the hill usually by parking a landraider surrounded by cheesinator squads, or sit the DE beasty squad there, resulting in a really large scrum in the middle.

So we changed it that nobody can win if the mad boy dies, the superiors of whatever army want him alive so that he can be interrogated/studied/dissected. The orks want him alive so that the big boss can teach him a lesson good and propa. So if the mad boys dies the game is a tie. This also allows the desperate gambit of just before getting wiped out you kill the mad boy for the draw (as was done by a certain GK player)  >:(

We then played a couple of smaller (1k) games with the new modification and it became much more tactical, with units blocking for other units and so on.

So if it is OK with Da Boss I will be playing another game this week using the new rule, and will have the camera and note pad so that I can post a propa batrep and earn some teef.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)

Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline OD from TV

• Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2012, 07:27:08 PM »
So we changed it that nobody can win if the mad boy dies, the superiors of whatever army want him alive so that he can be interrogated/studied/dissected. The orks want him alive so that the big boss can teach him a lesson good and propa. So if the mad boys dies the game is a tie.

If it makes the game better and more fun then yes by all means!  At this point this late in the month I won't impose it on anyone who does try the mission (...bueller?), but I do highly recommend it, and will likely use this optional rule in my own game.  And as its formulated by the Boss Orkountant himself, why not throw in an extra toof for using Skeetergod's Rule?!

Peace
~OD

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2012, 09:25:32 AM »
I am really sweating bullets on this one, as the daughter and her friend overheard me talking to a buddy about this, and they want to throw down on some orks. Looks like I will be facing the dreaded space wolves, led by double vindictive female generals.  :o Stay tuned for further developments.

Offline Boss Ard'Ragger

• Ork Yoof
  • Da Boyz Rock!!!
  • Armies: The Boyz, IG, Eldar,DE, Tau, GK, some SM
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2012, 09:35:28 AM »
@Skeetergod... wow you got your daughter involved in 40K, mine only roll their eyes to the back of their heads when I speak about 40k.  You lucky swine  ;).  Would really like to hear how that battle goes
You Boyz wanna live forever?!  Waaaaagh!

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2012, 10:04:55 AM »
Yes my daughter is 20 and her BFF is the same or a year older, not quite the giggly little girls any more. Now they are cool calculating and "serious". Probably both about to be recruited by the CIA for assassin duty.

Any way you can see her friends SW army here The Wolf Time

Offline Boss Ard'Ragger

• Ork Yoof
  • Da Boyz Rock!!!
  • Armies: The Boyz, IG, Eldar,DE, Tau, GK, some SM
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2012, 10:28:55 AM »
It is so cool to see women play the game.  My wife plays from time to time and kick my butt every time  >:( (and no i dont let her win, she would know)  8)  I like the army they have very nice.

I will slowly tempt my new grandaughters when they are old enough... Yeah .... mmmm... but then they will prob team up and do the same as my wife, oh well  ???
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 10:30:30 AM by Boss Ard'Ragger »
You Boyz wanna live forever?!  Waaaaagh!

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2012, 04:01:29 PM »
Funny funny...

My wife has declared that she will listen about dorks (I know, the orks, but she has her own name for them), but nothing else about 40k or any one game...  That is her contribution to my hobby... lol

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2012, 10:11:26 PM »
Well, we played the scenario, You can see it HERE; at this linky

Once again the females of the species has undermined my plans of world domination...  ::)

Offline Respekt

• Ork Boy
  • Armies: Orks and maybe a fotm ;)
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2012, 10:37:34 PM »
Hey, I played this scenario with my cyboars, too bad they had a rough time lol. Also, I used skeets suggestion that the madboy was unkillable.

The batrep is here  Orks v. Grey Knights. June Junkyard: Oi I need that! pic heavy
Cheers,

Respekt

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2012, 10:08:06 PM »
Well the good news is that I got a second game in and the batrep can be found At This Linky Right Here

The other good news is that I will never have to fight my daughters BFF's SW army again as she sold it to me cheep. (she needed money, insert soap opera drama here). I told her I wont sell it and she has first shot at buying it back, but sadly this means I now own marines (insert horrified smiley here).  ::)

This game both my new models lived through the fight, so bonus toofs for surviving models (does happy dance).

Check it out, and make sure to ogle the painted jets  ;) Good Stuff!

Offline Ginger farseer

• Ork Yoof
  • Armies: Space wolves, Eldar, Orks
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2012, 06:43:09 AM »
I have played the battle, result: Ork win, with skeetergods rules and some of my junkyard units survived! BAt rep can be found here: Junkyard battle (1750 , orks vs DA)
Be nice to nerds, you'll probably be working for them.

What if by 'fly you fools'  Gandalf was actually telling the fellowship to call the eagles and fly to Mordor?

"Thunder rolled... It rolled a six"

+++Melon melon melon+++
+++out of cheese error redo from start+++
+++Divide by cucumber error. Please reinstall universe and reboot+++