News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Boss-Pole Competition Entry - The Nightwalker  (Read 2972 times)

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
  • Armies: Deffskullz
Boss-Pole Competition Entry - The Nightwalker
« on: August 7, 2011, 08:55:04 PM »
First time to post something on the fiction board. This is how Grok da ummiecrusha came to power. Feel free to critique I know I’m a bad fiction writer so I won’t get mad at you. Hope I did well enough that you all enjoy it. :D

Grok's Rise to Power
Grok woke up on a cold sheet of steel, with no memory of how he got there. The last thing he remembered was the Boss throwing him from a roof of a human village they had been pillaging. His Boss wasn’t that big, they were still a really young tribe of deathskulls. This had been their first real attack on something. So he had thought he could take him, his mistake.

It was then that he noticed Glabba the Painboy was standing next to him. His bright blue duffle bag hanging like a satchel from his side. He was from another tribe of deathskulls and had joined up at the hopes of looting some humans. “Oi! Dok what you doin?”

“Helping. I need favor. Da boss stole loot dat belongz ta me! I want ya ta kill him. You be da new boss.” The Dok’s eyes raged in fury as he spoke. He had a bad reputation of removing the jaw of orks who he thought had wronged him. He would pursue anyone or anything from one end of this galaxy to the other to satisfy his lust.

Grok was excited to find he still had all his teeth, the Dok must of healed him just to get his revenge. “How kan I kill da boss?”

The Dok handed him a choppa. “By tryin again. We are attacking da next town tonight. Kill him den. After dat put his skull on a stick or pole bit to show you da new boss.”

Grok left the revenge crazed Dok behind and went off to join the next attack. The humans would be there in force this time, ready to defend against them. But that just meant more and better loot.

The tribe had no vehicles yet, it was one of the main things they were looking for in the human towns. So they ran, their blood starting to boil with the excitement as they got closer to the town. When they got there they could see a makeshift wall surrounding the town. An auto-cannon in the middle of the road on the back of a large truck, with two scared looking pdf soldiers working it.

The orks instinctive nature instantly came into effect, with a shout of “Waaagh!” they charged up the road. A few of the orks were killed by the large caliber gun. The boss himself was even hit by a stray las round from one of the troopers on the wall in the leg. But the majority of the boyz were un-phased and over ran the gun and poured through the small gap in the wall.

Grok was in the front himself killing the assistant gunner. He charged through the town, Killing every human in sight. Finding especially great pleasure in crushing them under his feet. But when he came across the Boss he was overwhelmed with the desire to be the boss himself. He would lead the orks to victory and to better loot!

The boss had a look of surprise when he saw the nob in front of him, he had already killed him once. But then had a look of great pleasure, he could kill him again. They charged at each other, but the little las round slowed the boss greatly. It had passed straight through the fleshy parts, severing muscle tissue.

The boss struck first, his big choppa barely missing the slightly smaller ork. But Grok would not be defeated again, he hacked away while the bigger ork tried to recover from the miss. His first blow chopped into his side and cracked a rib, the second cut away the already injured leg. Then while the old boss fell he stepped on him and crushed his rib cage, finishing him by cutting off his head.

He had done it, he carried the head of the old boss back to the front of the town. He cut the barrel off of the auto-cannon one of the boyz had been carrying out on his shoulder and stuck the head on top of it. He then jumped on top of the truck and raised his new boss-pole in the air. “Oi! Listen ere you gitz! I’m da new boss!”
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 05:15:25 PM by The Nightwalker »

Offline Mithami

Re: Boss-Pole Competition Entry
« Reply #1 on: August 7, 2011, 09:26:53 PM »
Awesome, reads quite fluently so don't worry about it being bad, glad to see some more casual stories ;D.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #2 on: August 8, 2011, 07:49:58 AM »
Good Stuff, and a good read. Easy to read and well put together, easy plot line and well spaced.

I love it when the orks win, and then win again. More good stuff, good job, thanks for the story.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
« Reply #3 on: August 8, 2011, 07:55:38 AM »
Ive seem to have gotten better feedback then I was expecting. Thanks everyone :)

Offline Jack_Merridew

• Kommando Nob
  • Shhh....be warry warry quiet, I'm huntn' umies...
« Reply #4 on: August 8, 2011, 09:07:19 AM »
great thing about orks stories is that they are ork stories.  Reading yours is like watching a movie.  I see it unfold in my head and just enjoy.  Great stuff.

Offline Athaga Mor

• Baron von Blueskull
  • Ancient
  • mmm tacos
« Reply #5 on: August 8, 2011, 12:31:00 PM »
haha loved that he used the autocannon barrel as the pole - good stuff!
Athaga Mor
40k - Deathguard CSM, Deathskullz Orks, Daemons, IG Traitors

Current project: painting my new chaos warhound titan

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
Re: Boss-Pole Competition Entry - The Nightwalker
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 03:15:43 PM »
I loved it...  Very orky and fun to read...  As mentioned before, not too serious, humorous even!

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline Koval, Master Verispex

• 40kOnline's Care Bear of Tanks | The Velvet Glove of Fated Tenderness and Ambition
  • Ancient
  • Well, that was unexpected...
  • Armies: Imperial Guard (Indelvian 190th Mechanised)
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 11:31:36 AM »
This is pretty cool. Doesn't suffer from being short, and yes, the autocannon barrel thing is quite fun. Those lucky little lasgun shots, eh? :P

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 12:46:15 PM »
Yes as an Imperial guard player I know useful lucky lasgun shots can be. ;)